No announcement yet.

Tok'ra Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking of getting a new avatar. But I still want something with Egeria. Do you know if there are any for download somewhere? I know it is a bit of a long shot, but I don't feel like making one right now.
    sigpic
    Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

eh, I bet they are on better trading terms, maybe the tok'ra can pay the tauri to make some ships and make their payment in cool tokra crystals or... something.

i'd offer to make you an icon Skadi... but it would probably be pretty boring

Comment

i don't think they have the numbers to crew ha'taks atm
        the crystal technology certainly seems like a useful asset in peace time construction and such
        R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Hi, I've been rewatching SG1 from the beginning and had forgotten how much I loved the Tok'ra. I'm with many of the others who would volunteer to be a host. I would love to see more from their perspective.

Sigs by the lovely CSOM, Sonja and from the Tokrafans community on LJ.

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
            i don't think they have the numbers to crew ha'taks atm
            the crystal technology certainly seems like a useful asset in peace time construction and such
            On the other hand, it doesn't seem as if they really need that many to crew them. A handful seems to be enough to run them - all others are just guards and soldier for groundcombat, I think.

But I do passionately hope they find a way to get more Tok'ra (a daughter of Egeria - pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease)
            sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Originally posted by ktebid View Post
              Hi, I've been rewatching SG1 from the beginning and had forgotten how much I loved the Tok'ra. I'm with many of the others who would volunteer to be a host. I would love to see more from their perspective.
              Welcome! It is always great to meet others who like the Tok'ra!

And I would absolutely volunteer to be a host - I would probably search out the Tok'ra and beg them to be a host, if I worked at the SGC. I think it would be great to always have someone to talk to - and their cause is completely worthy.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
                eh, I bet they are on better trading terms, maybe the tok'ra can pay the tauri to make some ships and make their payment in cool tokra crystals or... something.

i'd offer to make you an icon Skadi... but it would probably be pretty boring
                Would be pretty if the Tau'ri started building their bases with Tok'ra crystals - it must also sometimes be a LOT easier. They should do that - the original ones, though, not the newer prickly ones that you can stab yourself to death on. They are really a sign of an interior designer gone insane! I wonder if it's an undercover Goa'uld who made them!

I'm sure your icon would be nice, nebulan. Mine is just an Egeria pic put on a blue background. If you ever get the time, I would love if you would make one for me - preferably with Egeria. I really like her.
                sigpic

Comment

The 'stab yourself to death' crystals reminded me of a story that features just those. I can't remember which one it is right now, but I thought it was this one

A Day in the Life of a Tok'ra

Linked it anyway, since it is pretty funny.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
                    The 'stab yourself to death' crystals reminded me of a story that features just those. I can't remember which one it is right now, but I thought it was this one

A Day in the Life of a Tok'ra

Linked it anyway, since it is pretty funny.
                    It's certainly a very funny fic! Thanks for linking it - I had forgotten all about it!'

Welcome to ktebid and all other new people that I haven't said hello to yet!
                    sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

All this talk about Tok'ra crystals got me thinking about Tok'ra city shown in Continuum. What do you guys think about it? Do you like the design?

I must admit that I wasn't thrilled with it. While I sorta can see the Tok'ra wanting to build high buildings and towers after millenias of living underground it just doesn't work for me. I loved their tunnels; I think after such a long time they became a part of Tok'ra culture and they wouldn't just abandon them...Plus IMO that city looked very Ancient (similar to Atlantis in design?) and I'm sick of shoehorning the Ancients into every other storyline, esp. Goa'ulds and the Tok'ra.

Thanks for the welcome and hello to you too Hathor_girl!
                      There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                      sigpic
                      awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
                        Welcome! It is always great to meet others who like the Tok'ra!

And I would absolutely volunteer to be a host - I would probably search out the Tok'ra and beg them to be a host, if I worked at the SGC. I think it would be great to always have someone to talk to - and their cause is completely worthy.
                        Hi Skadi, I agree. I think it would be fascinating, though I imagine it would mostly be the symbiote talking/acting etc, out of all the "aliens" on SG these are definitely my favourite.
                        Originally posted by Hathor_girl View Post
                        It's certainly a very funny fic! Thanks for linking it - I had forgotten all about it!'

Welcome to ktebid and all other new people that I haven't said hello to yet!
                        Hi Hathor_girl, thanks for the welcome.

Sigs by the lovely CSOM, Sonja and from the Tokrafans community on LJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
                          All this talk about Tok'ra crystals got me thinking about Tok'ra city shown in Continuum. What do you guys think about it? Do you like the design?

I must admit that I wasn't thrilled with it. While I sorta can see the Tok'ra wanting to build high buildings and towers after millenias of living underground it just doesn't work for me. I loved their tunnels; I think after such a long time they became a part of Tok'ra culture and they wouldn't just abandon them...Plus IMO that city looked very Ancient (similar to Atlantis in design?) and I'm sick of shoehorning the Ancients into every other storyline, esp. Goa'ulds and the Tok'ra.
                          it seems more mainstream goauld to me with the pyramids and gold glowing lights
                          R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
                            it seems more mainstream goauld to me with the pyramids and gold glowing lights
                            Actually it's just one pyramid, and situated some distance away from the city, as you can see here. Having taken a closer look I admit it doesn't look as Ancient as I thought, but I still can't imagine Tok'ra living in such buildings..
                            There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                            sigpic
                            awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

seems to me to be evidence that they have at least one Ha'tak... hence the need for a landing site! probably stolen from the Goa'uld or bought from the Jaffa?

It's possible that the now free humans who worked as slaves building the Hataks went into business producing them if the Jaffa/Tok'ra/Lucian Alliance can afford to pay for them. Hope the humans get treated better tho,

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post

Thanks for the welcome and hello to you too Hathor_girl!
                                You know, I completely agree with this, and that is also what I thought when I saw it. I hated the Ancient/Atlantis look and doubted the Tok'ra would build like that - or even feel safe living like that! They have lived underground most or all of their lives, and they are relatively few left, which would make them MORE paranoid, not less, I would think. And there are still lots of nasties out there, so unless they have a BIG mother*****ing fleet I would think they would stay a little inconspicuous. Especially with the Jaffa being borderline civil war and many of them hate both the Tok'ra and the Tau'ri and think they (the Jaffa) could have freed themselves without any help.

And they do need to get the Tok'ra a queen, somehow! Should be possible to use some of the Asgard tech their allies have gotten, to make a cloned queen (if they only clone ones and then breed normally, there should be no problems - the Asgard problem were from repetitive cloning). How are queens 'created'? Is it a genetical difference (as in for instance humans) or an environmental one (as some reptiles, amphibians, and fish) or maybe 'food while growing up one' (as some insects, like bees) or something else entirely? Queen controlled? Can an ordinary symbiote be made in to a queen - or can it become a queen if the right environment is provided while it grows up?
                                sigpic
                                button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

Working...
                                X