Tok'ra Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
    The above image almost looks like the Quantum Mirror. Though it's doubtful. Could make for an interesting story, I guess.
    It does resemble that. That would be an awesome fic! Tok'ra and quantum mirror!
    sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Pretty pools! Do you think they are ornamental, water fountain-like, or for bathing - or something else?

sigpic
      Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

They could be like humidifiers, or just to have water vapor in the air.
        Duplicating living environments underground to be the same as on land has gotta be difficult. You have to account for all of the small things.

Who wants dry skin 24/7?
        O'Neill: "Ah. Trees, trees and more trees! What a wonderfully green universe we live in, eh."

Season 3 Episode 8 - Demons

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
          They could be like humidifiers, or just to have water vapor in the air.
          Duplicating living environments underground to be the same as on land has gotta be difficult. You have to account for all of the small things.

Who wants dry skin 24/7?
          That's not a bad idea. I've always assumed they could fix that with whatever futuristic climate control, but this would work as well. Cheap and easy - and ornamental as well.
          sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Humidifiers works - coupled with ornamental. Looks like a place were people would hang out - there are chairs. So maybe the underground version of a relaxing pool in the garden with a couple benches? Where you go to take it easy and relax from work etc.
            sigpic
            button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

Not a bad idea. I can just see Garshaw and Selmak sit there, hand in hand and watch the pools...*grins*

Comment

Originally posted by LtKatia View Post
                Not a bad idea. I can just see Garshaw and Selmak sit there, hand in hand and watch the pools...*grins*
                You know, I've seen fics about them...
                sigpic

Comment

Aaaand I return. How's everyone? Some interesting posts while I was gone, though I see a certain Osiris impersonator never did find any pics :-p
                  On the ashrak, it makes sense to me that the sense-blocking drug would work both ways. He'd be essentially invisible on the 6th sense, but blind on it too. So the scanning would make sense ;-)
                  Also, someone said something about being able to sense each other within 50 feet - that's 14.7 metres, which is an enormous distance. It seems to me it's more like a metre or two.

For the other base, I tended to go with the theory that this was an existing but abandoned temple that they'd linked to their tunnels. I'm sure I saw other mirrors like that one in the Tok'ra episodes - seems to me like a type of rock that they can cut in half and polish smooth.
                  I like the ornament theory on the pools, in fact. In the fanfic that I keep meaning to finish, I had Col. Raimi state, "They don't seem to have a problem with whatever use we put it to." Sort of agrees, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Jalnor View Post
                    Aaaand I return. How's everyone? Some interesting posts while I was gone, though I see a certain Osiris impersonator never did find any pics :-p
                    On the ashrak, it makes sense to me that the sense-blocking drug would work both ways. He'd be essentially invisible on the 6th sense, but blind on it too. So the scanning would make sense ;-)
                    Also, someone said something about being able to sense each other within 50 feet - that's 14.7 metres, which is an enormous distance. It seems to me it's more like a metre or two.

For the other base, I tended to go with the theory that this was an existing but abandoned temple that they'd linked to their tunnels. I'm sure I saw other mirrors like that one in the Tok'ra episodes - seems to me like a type of rock that they can cut in half and polish smooth.
                    I like the ornament theory on the pools, in fact. In the fanfic that I keep meaning to finish, I had Col. Raimi state, "They don't seem to have a problem with whatever use we put it to." Sort of agrees, I think.
                    I agree with you. Also regarding the 14.7 meters being a very long distance. Unfortunately, we have this from "Seth":

CARTER
                    Ok. We've got a point of entry, now what? As soon as we get near anyone on the inside, we could get compromised and shot.

DANIEL
                    Or worse. We get dosed with that organism and all of a sudden we're working for Seth.

JACOB
                    It won't work on me or Teal'c.

CARTER
                    Yeah, but he'll sense you're Goa'ulds as soon as you're within fifty feet. And with the arsenal he's got we wouldn't even get close to him without being gunned down.

O'NEILL
                    (to Jacob)
                    Which is why you're not going in.

CARTER
                    Dad, you said an electrical shock like a zat gun would snap us out of it.

JACOB
                    Yeah?
                    And they do seem to sense naquadah at a long distance. Don't forget Hathor being 'drawn' to the chaapa'ai in Colorado, USA - all the way from somewhere in Mexico! But maybe that's because it is such a large amount and because she is a queen?
                    sigpic
                    [Save Martouf/Lantash]

Comment

A general Tok'ra thread! Coolness! I'm in

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralSelmak View Post
                        I agree with you. Also regarding the 14.7 meters being a very long distance. Unfortunately, we have this from "Seth":

And they do seem to sense naquadah at a long distance. Don't forget Hathor being 'drawn' to the chaapa'ai in Colorado, USA - all the way from somewhere in Mexico! But maybe that's because it is such a large amount and because she is a queen?
                        Does sound like they can feel the naq far away - do you think it feels different when it is in organic form (e.g. inside someone, like a symbiote or a human) - I've seen fics talk about an 'energy signature' from Tok'ra or Goa'uld. Since naq can be an energy source and since they need it in blood to run much tech, then maybe it feels like an energy signature if you ahve it in your blood yourself? People seem to think it should feel like a humm or a tingling - is this ever mentioned on the show?

Comment

Originally posted by SamMartouf4ever View Post
                          Does sound like they can feel the naq far away - do you think it feels different when it is in organic form (e.g. inside someone, like a symbiote or a human) - I've seen fics talk about an 'energy signature' from Tok'ra or Goa'uld. Since naq can be an energy source and since they need it in blood to run much tech, then maybe it feels like an energy signature if you ahve it in your blood yourself? People seem to think it should feel like a humm or a tingling - is this ever mentioned on the show?
                          Hi - and welcome to the thread

Yes, I do think it feels different. Maybe it somehow makes the naquadah react so it is not totally inactive, as I guess it is naturally? That could explain the resonating or whatever they say they feel - though they do feel it from all naquadah-based tech, I guess, since they sense the chaapa'ai. But again, that is refined and no longer inactive, I guess.
                          sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Originally posted by Jalnor View Post

I really hope you will finish it! I would really like to read more of it.
                            sigpic
                            [Save Martouf/Lantash]

Comment

Have you ever noticed that the Tok'ra never smile? Yes, I realise that in the early seasons a few of the hosts smile a few times (mostly Martouf), but none in the later seasons. And I don't think we have ever seen one of them smile when the symbiote was in control - except Jolinar while pretending to be Sam and that doesn't count! Any ideas why?
                              sigpic
                              [Save Martouf/Lantash]

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralSelmak View Post
                                Have you ever noticed that the Tok'ra never smile? Yes, I realise that in the early seasons a few of the hosts smile a few times (mostly Martouf), but none in the later seasons. And I don't think we have ever seen one of them smile when the symbiote was in control - except Jolinar while pretending to be Sam and that doesn't count! Any ideas why?
                                Because they want to show us how serious they are - resistance fighting is no joke

Nah, probably just because we only ever see them when they and/or SGC are in deep sh*t.
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Roeskva for the smilies

Comment

Working...
                                X