• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
    Hi RingThing! Long time!
    Yeah, I've had a lot to do - school started again
    sigpic
    Sig made by the very talented Luciana.

Comment

Did they ever say why the symbiotes can feel the Reetou?

sigpic
      Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

No, just that they could. Gave them a headache I think - Junior got awfully agitated as well.
        sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

I checked up a little on it - it seems the Reetou send out some sort of emissions, electromagnetic, perhaps? which they symbiotes are sensitive to. The TER's (those weapons which can make them visible) are using those emissions.
          sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

I checked up a little on it - it seems the Reetou send out some sort of emissions, electromagnetic, perhaps? which they symbiotes are sensitive to. The TER's (those weapons which can make them visible) are using those emissions.
            Neat. Did we ever hear any more about the kid? He was going to become a Tok'ra host, right?
            sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Originally posted by Hathor_girl View Post
              Neat. Did we ever hear any more about the kid? He was going to become a Tok'ra host, right?
              Yes, he was. I presume he became a host, but we never heard anything further about him. He is one of many I would have liked to hear just a little more about - perhaps just mentioned that O'Neill actually visited him or maybe we could see him in the background when they go to visit the Tok'ra or something.

Has anyone seen him in any fanfics?
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, episode 'Show and Tell' was one of the most touching one. I hoped we'd see that kid again, once he'd become a Tok'ra, really.

Cpt. Jennifer J. Firali
                (soon to be host to Tok'ra Teal'auc )
                Member of SG-Aftermath RP group

Comment

Just learned today that there is a Tok'ra fanfilm and that it has now been finished - and they seem to consider doing sequels! There are some technical issues, but I think it's really well done. It can be watched here:

http://www.tokraresistance.com/fanfilm.html

Comment

Did they ever say why the symbiotes can feel the Reetou?

Maybe once they eat simbionts? Well, when they were in the natural form. A genetic memory keeps the fear.
                    Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
                    SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

Originally posted by LtKatia View Post
                      Just learned today that there is a Tok'ra fanfilm and that it has now been finished - and they seem to consider doing sequels! There are some technical issues, but I think it's really well done. It can be watched here:

he he nice
                      Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
                      SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

Originally posted by LtKatia View Post

Yes! Go Tok'ra! I think it's great! Thanks for posting the link!

Hello techwork! Welcome to the thread!
                        sigpic

Comment

TokRa have changed for bad in the fouth season but i still like them a lot.They even are in my stargate fiction and there i presented them very interesting compare to the boring way they are in the original stargate story.Seriously they siemed to me so ****ing serious and annoying that i have decided to do something about it.

Comment

Hello Gamira! If you have written fic with Tok'ra, then we are very interested in reading it!

Yes, the poor Tok'ra are changed quite a lot from season 4 and forward - from good guys and allies to quasi-Goa'uld. I have chose to see that as season 1-3 taking place in one universe (where the Tok'ra are quite different from the Goa'uld) and season 4-10 in another, where the Tok'ra are not quite as different from the Goa'uld. Works for me
                            sigpic

Comment

Hello Gamira! If you have written fic with Tok'ra, then we are very interested in reading it!

Yes, the poor Tok'ra are changed quite a lot from season 4 and forward - from good guys and allies to quasi-Goa'uld. I have chose to see that as season 1-3 taking place in one universe (where the Tok'ra are quite different from the Goa'uld) and season 4-10 in another, where the Tok'ra are not quite as different from the Goa'uld. Works for me
                              If someone has to take care of himself and his family he is a bad person? Why Tokra should die for those who consider themselves above them and seek to give them orders. And absolutely did not appreciate the fact that through their actions Goa'uld have forgotten about the Earth for thousands year.
                              SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

It's very true that the Tau'ri didn't respect or appreciate what the Tok'ra have done against the Goa'uld. And the Jaffa also (especially) forgot quite quickly the help they had gotten from both Tau'ri and Tok'ra
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X