Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Sina picspam

sigpic
    Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Glad to see that someone keeps this topic alive.
      Wish they'd give Tok'ra more space in the series... <.<

Cpt. Jennifer J. Firali
      (soon to be host to Tok'ra Teal'auc )
      Member of SG-Aftermath RP group

Comment

thanks for this thread - I´m glad there are people who are the fans of this race. In our SG group which I have here in my surroundings, there is no Tok´Ra admirer so I almost started to believe I´m the only one who likes them :-D

I love those guys ´cause I like the idea of having a symbiont but not being a villian :-D and having a good relationship with another consciousness in your head - absolutely amazing.

What´s also cool about the Tok´Ra is their history of falling apart from the bad part of the Goaulds (the System lords) and their fights between themselves (in the race of the Goaulds of course :-D)

love them :-)

Comment

I also don't know many others who like the Tok'ra, so it's always nice to see others who do like them. I agree with you - I also very much like the idea of having another consciousness in your head The Tok'ra are really cool guys!

Welcome here
          sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

sgJoli: I see you are also from Czech republic. Interesting. And, I agree wholeheartedly. Tok'ra and the idea behind them is unique. I'd want to really see more of them... *sigh*

Cpt. Jennifer J. Firali
            (soon to be host to Tok'ra Teal'auc )
            Member of SG-Aftermath RP group

Comment

How many of the people here are from Europe? As far as I know

Czech: Teal'auc, sgjoli
              Sweden: Hathor_girl
              Denmark: Skadi, GeneralSelmak
              UK: Jalnor, medu
              Germany: Luci

Any I've forgotten? (Probably - if so, sorry!)
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'auc View Post
                sgJoli: I see you are also from Czech republic. Interesting. And, I agree wholeheartedly. Tok'ra and the idea behind them is unique. I'd want to really see more of them... *sigh*
                oh greetings my dear czech neighbour :-D (I´m sorry, it was really melodramatic but I had to write it :-D)

I believe the Tok´Ra could get more place to show themselves in more details. Truly I can´t remember what exactly happened to them that they didn´t appear in seasons 9 and 10 except alternative Martouf in Ripple effect... I hope they didn ´t extinct or something like the Asgards did.... maybe they´ll be in the 3rd movie (I´m just guessing :-D)

Comment

In 9th season I think AU-Martouf is the only Tok'ra we see, but they are in one of the last episodes of season 10, where they are trying to remove the clone-Ba'al symbiote from Adria and implant a Tok'ra instead so they can control Adria and save the galaxy. Of course, Ba'al kills Adria and she ascends, but at least we see the Tok'ra.

I think the Tok'ra together with the Goa'uld are not that popular with the current writers and they have either forgotten about them or are trying to do so. I've heard a rumour that it's because one or more of them don't like Jonathan Glassner who invented the Tok'ra, and that they would like to get rid of the Tok'ra because of that - so I'm thinking we won't see them again. Don't know if the rumour is true, but I've read it several places on the internet now. That should also be why we don't hear about Jolinar and her effects on Sam anymore.
                  sigpic

Comment

Welcome sgjoli!!!!

Originally posted by Skadi View Post

I think that's the majority of the European people on this thread. Are there more Europeans than people from the US? I know MerryK, nebulan, snotr, CaptJanson, RingThing, and (I think) BlueMushroom are from the US. Any others? That also reminds me that there are several of those we haven't seen for ages. Anyone know if they're OK?

In 9th season I think AU-Martouf is the only Tok'ra we see, but they are in one of the last episodes of season 10, where they are trying to remove the clone-Ba'al symbiote from Adria and implant a Tok'ra instead so they can control Adria and save the galaxy. Of course, Ba'al kills Adria and she ascends, but at least we see the Tok'ra.

I think the Tok'ra together with the Goa'uld are not that popular with the current writers and they have either forgotten about them or are trying to do so. I've heard a rumour that it's because one or more of them don't like Jonathan Glassner who invented the Tok'ra, and that they would like to get rid of the Tok'ra because of that - so I'm thinking we won't see them again. Don't know if the rumour is true, but I've read it several places on the internet now. That should also be why we don't hear about Jolinar and her effects on Sam anymore.
                    I've read this too.
                    sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Oh, there's also Tiger. I don't know from which country - and whom we also haven't seen for ages.
                      sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Originally posted by Hathor_girl View Post
                        Welcome sgjoli!!!!

I think that's the majority of the European people on this thread. Are there more Europeans than people from the US? I know MerryK, nebulan, snotr, CaptJanson, RingThing, and (I think) BlueMushroom are from the US. Any others? That also reminds me that there are several of those we haven't seen for ages. Anyone know if they're OK?

I've read this too.
                        oh hi Hathor :-) thanks for welcome :-)

Comment

sgjoli - who is your favorite Tok'ra/Tok'ras?
                          sigpic

Comment

Very small Ta'seem picspam. I have too few pics of this guy.

sigpic

Comment

I'm from the US!

And welcome to sgjoli

YAY for Ta'seem
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by the very talented Luciana.

Comment

Hi RingThing! Long time!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X