This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
    They sure are excellent actors, all of them. I remember how impressed I was in the SG-1 ep where they change bodies because of Marcello's machine. It was amazing how they portrayed the character who was just stuck in their bodies just with the way they moved, spoke and their facial expressions. Jack as Daniel, with that slightly confused look was priceless.
    Oh, I loved that one, I wish the body swap had gone on for longer and I really wish Amanda had been able to have a go too!

FF
    sigpic

Comment

In Kindred pt 1 Rodney's reaction to
      Spoiler:
      Teyla telling him about her vision. Lol. The lookof sheer scepticism is SO Rodney.
      don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

one of my favorites is from Window of Oppertunity. Right after Daniel says Teal'c and Jack could do anything they wanted then the look they share and then the confused look daniel has.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
          Oh, I loved that one, I wish the body swap had gone on for longer and I really wish Amanda had been able to have a go too!

FF
          Well, she had her chance to play not-herself when she had the Tok'ra inside her.

Oh, here's another good example. The Replicator Jenn in This Mortal Coil. Jewel Staite was so different in that scene. Actually, I wish the real Keller had some of that pizzazz and poise.

sigpic
          Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Wow, great idea for a thread. There are some Sam/Jack angst moments that I just love! They say so much with just a look.

- Divide and Conquer

When Sam yells for Jack to leave her and he screams "No!" and realises why he won't leave her.

- Divide and Conquer

The force-field look - I think someone wanted a cap where you could see the force-field.

- Beneath the Surface

When Sam and Jack realise who they really are after the memory stamps wear off.

- Lost City (pt2)

After.... Sam: Even if we do find the Lost City. Even if we get there and find exactly what we're looking for to defend the planet....

Jack: (Interrupting her) THAT ... would be worth it.

- Lost City (pt2)

After Jack says "I know".

- Affinity

After "What if things had been different?" "I wouldn't be here."

- Threads

"Always"

Some fun after all that angst.

- Emancipation

- Crystal Skull

- Small Victories

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
              Wow, great idea for a thread. There are some Sam/Jack angst moments that I just love! They say so much with just a look.
              Spoiler:

- Divide and Conquer

When Sam yells for Jack to leave her and he screams "No!" and realises why he won't leave her.

- Divide and Conquer

The force-field look - I think someone wanted a cap where you could see the force-field.

- Beneath the Surface

- Lost City (pt2)

After.... Sam: Even if we do find the Lost City. Even if we get there and find exactly what we're looking for to defend the planet....

- Lost City (pt2)

- Affinity

- Threads

"Always"

- Emancipation

- Crystal Skull

- Small Victories
              Spoiler:

Wow, excellent caps, Nikki. And thanks for that force field shot, I was the one who was looking for it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                Well, she had her chance to play not-herself when she had the Tok'ra inside her.

Oh, here's another good example. The Replicator Jenn in This Mortal Coil. Jewel Staite was so different in that scene. Actually, I wish the real Keller had some of that pizzazz and poise.
                I had forgotten about RepliKeller! I loved her character here so much more than the real Keller. There was a great stillness to her.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                  Here you go. The forcefield was CGI added later, I guess. But this still has the looks.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/j...s/4x05_409.jpg
                  Originally posted by VSS View Post
                  Yeah, and the lighting got creepier as the episode went on- everything got kind of grey the more they fell under the influence of the plant. And the music was perfect. Loved it!

Here's a good one from The Other Side right after Jack lets the Commander smash himself to death on the iris. On purpose.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/j.../4x02_0475.jpg

This is Sam seeing the black ops side of Jack.
                  http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/j.../4x02_0481.jpg

They don't move for a long time. I think she's wonders if he's lost his mind. Of course, he kinda did, for a while there.
                  Originally posted by Nikki View Post

- Divide and Conquer

- Divide and Conquer

- Beneath the Surface

- Lost City (pt2)

- Lost City (pt2)

- Affinity

- Threads

"Always"

Ahhhh all of them are like my Favs! Especailly Beneth the surface so much angst!

Also On SGA when Elizabeth adn john are walking in first strike and she turns to him and says "Goodluck" and they share a moment before she walks away

The Eye when he shoots Koyla and he runs up to her "Are you Ok?".... no" "you will be come on"

In Conversion both time Liz goes to visit John in his room. "If You Wont Then Killl Me Now.. its Better for the Both Of us"

in Suspicion, when John is getting up Bates Elizabeth sits therer and watches him. After John Dismisses Bates he snarks off at her and they share a moment

The Start of intruder having Coffee in the Ship's mess hall

and theres heaps more but i cant member them
                  Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                  Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Well, I've always been kinda partial to the confrontation scene between Daniel and Vala at the end of the Memento Mori. That was the moment that officially got me obsessed with SG-1...so I'm a little partial there. I think MS and CB just did amazing jobs conveying a range of emotions towards the end of the scene when she lowers the gun and he steps forward to take it from her, then pulls her into a hug....then you have the rest of the team looking on, which I think was great. It stands out as one of the most memorable moments of the series for me personally.
                    Spoiler:

As for other moments, it's hard to think of ones like that off the top of my head. One of the things I like about the Cam/Sam friendship is they share a lot of understanding/conspiratorial looks. I really love moments like that where we really get a sense of closeness between charcaters, indications of a strong friendship we may not always get a chance to see developed on-screen.

As for SGA,
                    Spoiler:
                    I'm kind of a sucker for that Doppelganger scene where Sheppard and McKay wake-up. The shared look was nice There's also a scene from...Lifeline, I think, where Teyla is packing up Elizabeth's desk and Ronon just kind of comes up next to her and puts his hand on her shoulder. It was a nice beat, I think.

I'm sure there are about 100 more I could name but those are the only ones that I can think of off the top of my head. Some are ship-related, others just friendship

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

The first episode I ever saw was 'Singularity'. There was that moment when Sam decides she can't leave the girl behind to die alone, and Jack's reaction to it - the emotions portrayed by both Sam and Jack were so real, and so many. Pity, resolution, pain, anger... What a scene!

sigpic

Comment

That its a good scene.. Any scene with AT and RDA is great cus they play off eachother so well. They have so much Chemistry.
                        Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                        Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

I love love LOVE how good RDA and MS are at saying their lines in unison ("Ambitious", "Nick?", "38?", etc.), but a great LOOK where they do this is in Urgo. When Teal'c starts chugging the coffee and Sam calls out his name, both Jack and Daniel turn from their coffee to watch him at the exact same moment.

And one more I just thought of. In Enemies when Jack, Daniel, and the Carters are in the holding cell. The door opens and then a Replicator crawls under the door. The way Jack and Daniel just warily, yet calmly watch it while they sit against the wall is fantastic.

Comment

In Fallout I love how at the meeting when Daniel and Jack are saying the exact opposite of each other, their hand movements are identical

Madeleine

Comment

Any moment with joe flanigan......like in Common Ground, how he can portray so much emotion with a gag on and just his eyes showing- his fear when the wraith comes into the room, his pain from being fed on......amazing acting there!

He can say so much with just his eyes and facial expressions, like in Outcast
                              Spoiler:
                              after hes told his dad has died, that rodney scene, by the casket

then theres Adrift
                              Spoiler:
                              when hes told elizabeth might die

Sunday ...at the funeral where he looks like hes trying so hard to not to cry and shares that look with rodney before they take carson's body through the gate.

amazing....i think there are too many to mention!!

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post
                                Any moment with joe flanigan......like in Common Ground, how he can portray so much emotion with a gag on and just his eyes showing- his fear when the wraith comes into the room, his pain from being fed on......amazing acting there!

He can say so much with just his eyes and facial expressions, like in Outcast
                                Spoiler:
                                after hes told his dad has died, that rodney scene, by the casket

then theres Adrift
                                Spoiler:
                                when hes told elizabeth might die

Sunday ...at the funeral where he looks like hes trying so hard to not to cry and shares that look with rodney before they take carson's body through the gate.

amazing....i think there are too many to mention!!

I agree Roo.
                                He does so well with his facial expression. This year more then any.

Kindred
                                Spoiler:
                                When he realized that Teyla may be on Mike's ship. He went from staring down the guard to OMG in seconds flat.

There are tons more. I love his expression during Ronon and Teal'c's fight. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X