This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carter's Love Life

so supposedly we get a glimpse into it tonight in Trio... and there have been hints of Zelenka being interested in recent weeks...

what bugs me is that tptb have forgotten about Jack O'Neill... i remember Jacob telling Carter that she and Jack (well he alluded to it being her and jack) could indeed have a relationship if they both really wanted to...

and after all the tension between them on SG-1
    the kiss on Window of Opportunity
    the wedding on 200
    etc

that the writers would either finally put them together or call it off in a distinct and definitive manner instead of just having it wither and fade slowly from view.

i for one will be pissed if she ends up with someone other than Jack..
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
    so supposedly we get a glimpse into it tonight in Trio... and there have been hints of Zelenka being interested in recent weeks...

what bugs me is that tptb have forgotten about Jack O'Neill... i remember Jacob telling Carter that she and Jack (well he alluded to it being her and jack) could indeed have a relationship if they both really wanted to...

the wedding on 200
    etc

that the writers would either finally put them together or call it off in a distinct and definitive manner instead of just having it wither and fade slowly from view.

Sorry to tell you, but on repeated occasions JM has said that the reference to Carter's love life has been cut from the episode. Needless to say there are lots of people who feel the same way that you do. I think between AT's interview about it and the fact that GateWorld still references it as being present, whole lot of people are going to go "Hey! Wait a minute!" after Trio is over.

Well, he said they'd film something similar in season 5 but I wonder how.

Comment

Like most episodes Trio ran longer than the allotted 42 minutes so they had to cut scenes that didn't pertain to the actual plot of the episode. So that particular line/ scene was cut out. Joe said he would post the scene or line on his blog like he has done for previous episodes. So check his blog tomorrow. He also said that scene would be one of the extras on the s4 DVD's.

Comment

I appreciate that Joe would do that, that's very nice of him. But, it's still not "real" i.e. not canon. Also, most people don't read his blog, so lots of them simply aren't going to know about it.

I don't read JM's blog regularly, but regarding the extras, he mentioned it in the beginning when it was first cut, but then it seemed to me that he either said there wouldn't be a cut scene extra or that it wasn't one of them. But anyway, even if it is, it's just an extra. Not real. Doesn't count.
        Last edited by VSS; 08 February 2008, 08:16 AM. Reason: added second paragraph.

Comment

Well, I don't exactly care about Carter's love life or I care J/S will end up together but this thread's title sounds a little funny. It seems off; I don't want to offend any one but why don't you change it with something else, like 'Carter's private life'?? I repeat, don't wanna upset anyone; just stating my opinion.
          sigpic
          Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by gioia View Post
            Well, I don't exactly care about Carter's love life or I care J/S will end up together but this thread's title sounds a little funny. It seems off; I don't want to offend any one but why don't you change it with something else, like 'Carter's private life'?? I repeat, don't wanna upset anyone; just stating my opinion.
            Heh. It's a quote taken right out of the GateWorld episode spoiler. I think JM said it. Blame him.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post

the wedding on 200
              etc

LOL carter would eat Zelenka for breakfast! like rodney, he may admire her but it is only one way! we all know she is "with" jack these days! (in my shippy lil heart!)

Comment

I also want to see her happy with Jack and no one else hehe.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VastlySuperiorStuff View Post
                  I appreciate that Joe would do that, that's very nice of him. But, it's still not "real" i.e. not canon. Also, most people don't read his blog, so lots of them simply aren't going to know about it.
                  Most people aren't going to know about the scene unless they are a fan that ventures onto the web. The casual viewer isn't going to expect anything. Granted not every online will read Joe's blog hence my explanation here so they would know it's been edited out and not to expect anything. Also to inform them where they can look to see the missing scene.

It's just a common courtesy to let them know that Joe edited the scene out after the episode went too long. And Actors are only aware of the edited version of the episode when they sit down and watch the show the same time we do or when they go in to do the commentaries as evidence that most commentaries you will hear them talking about seeing the finished product for the first time.

Comment

her and jack can clearly not get together............Carter cares about him too much to let him die needlessly like that.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                      her and jack can clearly not get together............Carter cares about him too much to let him die needlessly like that.
                      Sorry, Pete's still alive.
                      There goes your theory.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                        LOL carter would eat Zelenka for breakfast! like rodney, he may admire her but it is only one way! we all know she is "with" jack these days! (in my shippy lil heart!)
                        Well, it seems Zelenka has some tendency to suffer some kind of infatuation with his female bosses (first Weir, now Carter,... imagine what would happen if Meredith R. McKay not only had a girl name, but was in fact a girl! ). Poor Radek, hope the guy someday gets the girl...

Anyway, as a (former) SG-1 fan, I became tired of the Jack/Sam thing... always there, but never moving on anywhere. That's the reason I became a (delusional) Daniel/Janet shipper!

Comment

Working...
                        X