Samantha Carter/Martouf/Lantash Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snotr View Post
    From Ripple Effect, right? Very sweet, just still wish they would have kissed when that annoying Kvasir interrupted them.

-Snotr
    Yes, it's from Ripple Effect. Regarding Kvasir interrupting them, you know, they just went outside and continued somewhere more private

-Skadi
    sigpic
    Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
      Yes, it's from Ripple Effect. Regarding Kvasir interrupting them, you know, they just went outside and continued somewhere more private

-Skadi
      Haha - so true

I may be without computer access for up to a week, since my computer is broken (writing this from a library). Starts up fine until after it's showed the Windows screen, then just has black screen. Strange.

Hope I'll be able to pop in from time to time
      sigpic
      button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

Hey gals!! Sorry I haven't been around as of late. Work and wedding stuff has been tackling me down hard lol. But I'm here and it's a three-day weekend!! YAY!!!

My opinion that there was some Canon (other than the obvious in the pre-D&C epis is from Ripple Effect. Their tendernes and obvioius love for eachother proved to me that they were MUCH more than just friends. I know there were many that didn't like that epi, but I still totally love it (an no, it's not just because Cam looses his pants LOL).

As for Ships, I ship:
        Martouf/Sam
        Lantesh/Jolinar
        Jack/Sam
        and
        Ba'al/Jonas/Me...
        Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Sun'shyne View Post
          Hey gals!! Sorry I haven't been around as of late. Work and wedding stuff has been tackling me down hard lol. But I'm here and it's a three-day weekend!! YAY!!!

My opinion that there was some Canon (other than the obvious in the pre-D&C epis is from Ripple Effect. Their tendernes and obvioius love for eachother proved to me that they were MUCH more than just friends. I know there were many that didn't like that epi, but I still totally love it (an no, it's not just because Cam looses his pants LOL).

As for Ships, I ship:
          Martouf/Sam
          Lantesh/Jolinar
          Jack/Sam
          and
          Ba'al/Jonas/Me...
          hehe

Hiya Sun'shyne - welcome back Three-day weekend sounds good - I'm envious

Yes, I couldn't agree more - there DEFINITIVELY were more than friendship there. Certainly both Martouf and Lantash were interested (Martouf tells her this in D&C, and Lantash (through Elliot) says that he loves her, and that so did Martouf. I found some part in a transcript (Episodes D&C, Summit, and Last Stand still bothers me too much to ever rewatch)

Spoiler:

ELLIOT: He loves you Major. That's one of the only reasons he was fighting to live. He just wanted you to know.
          CARTER: The symbiote I carried was Martouf's mate. Martouf and I became close friends because of it.
          ELLIOT: I'm telling you he loves you. As much as he once loved Jolinar. He regrets what happened, that the host ultimately died. He doesn't want you to feel responsible.

Then later, when Elliot/Lantash has decided to release the poison and kill the Jaffa to allow Sam and the other to get away:

ELLIOT: Now go. They'll be here soon.(To Sam) He's happy now; he just wanted you to know how he felt.
          CARTER: I do. And I'll never forget him. Or you.

Then in 'Ripple Effect', before Kvasir (annoying b******) interrupts them, Sam is clearly going to kiss Martouf/Lantash, so she clearly does feel more than friendship, even after this long.

-Skadi
          sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

As for Ships, I ship:
            Martouf/Sam
            Lantesh/Jolinar
            Jack/Sam
            and
            Ba'al/Jonas/Me...
            Yes, welcome back, Sun'shyne. We've missed you.

hehe

Yes, I couldn't agree more - there DEFINITIVELY were more than friendship there. Certainly both Martouf and Lantash were interested (Martouf tells her this in D&C, and Lantash (through Elliot) says that he loves her, and that so did Martouf. I found some part in a transcript (Episodes D&C, Summit, and Last Stand still bothers me too much to ever rewatch)

Spoiler:

ELLIOT: He loves you Major. That's one of the only reasons he was fighting to live. He just wanted you to know.
            CARTER: The symbiote I carried was Martouf's mate. Martouf and I became close friends because of it.
            ELLIOT: I'm telling you he loves you. As much as he once loved Jolinar. He regrets what happened, that the host ultimately died. He doesn't want you to feel responsible.

Then later, when Elliot/Lantash has decided to release the poison and kill the Jaffa to allow Sam and the other to get away:

ELLIOT: Now go. They'll be here soon.(To Sam) He's happy now; he just wanted you to know how he felt.

Then in 'Ripple Effect', before Kvasir (annoying b******) interrupts them, Sam is clearly going to kiss Martouf/Lantash, so she clearly does feel more than friendship, even after this long.

-Skadi
            *nods* yes, there is no doubt that Martouf/Lantash loved Sam. I also found an interview with Jr. Bourne where he confirms that. It is linked from this old gateforum thread:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=36703

When you follow the link, you get to a page where there is both a link to watching it (svoons over Jr) and a transcript. In the transcript he says (GW=gateworld interviewer, JB=Jr Bourne):

Spoiler:

GW: Well as you said, we learned in "Ripple Effect" that Martouf and Samantha had finally had a romantic relationship -- in a parallel reality. Is this something you wish you could've explored more in our universe before Martouf's death? Sam's attitude always seemed to be 'I really like you but I'm not ready yet.'

JB: I know! Not off of set, though. No! [Laughter] Yeah, that would've definitely been a fun one to explore. Most definitely. Definitely one of the aspects of the character that I would've loved to have delved into. 'What is that relationship? Are her memories hers, or her feelings, or are they Jolinar's? Let's figure this out.'

My feelings were, I felt, always going beyond what my feelings were for Jolinar. They were for this new person that just seemed to hold all the same kind of characteristics that were in Jolinar. You know what I mean? I loved her for her.

So sweet.

I don't know why he says my/I and not his/he, but he is speaking about Martouf's feelings. As someone on that thread points out, he does sound very enthusiastic about the Sam/Martouf relationship in the video interview, so maybe they're right and he does have a little crush on Amanda Tapping

-Snotr
            sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
            (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
            Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

hehe

Spoiler:

-Skadi
              Oooh!! I totally forgot about that episode!!! How did I do that!!! It was an amazing part of their relationship!!!

Yes, welcome back, Sun'shyne. We've missed you.

*nods* yes, there is no doubt that Martouf/Lantash loved Sam. I also found an interview with Jr. Bourne where he confirms that. It is linked from this old gateforum thread:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=36703

When you follow the link, you get to a page where there is both a link to watching it (svoons over Jr) and a transcript. In the transcript he says (GW=gateworld interviewer, JB=Jr Bourne):

Spoiler:

GW: Well as you said, we learned in "Ripple Effect" that Martouf and Samantha had finally had a romantic relationship -- in a parallel reality. Is this something you wish you could've explored more in our universe before Martouf's death? Sam's attitude always seemed to be 'I really like you but I'm not ready yet.'

JB: I know! Not off of set, though. No! [Laughter] Yeah, that would've definitely been a fun one to explore. Most definitely. Definitely one of the aspects of the character that I would've loved to have delved into. 'What is that relationship? Are her memories hers, or her feelings, or are they Jolinar's? Let's figure this out.'

My feelings were, I felt, always going beyond what my feelings were for Jolinar. They were for this new person that just seemed to hold all the same kind of characteristics that were in Jolinar. You know what I mean? I loved her for her.

So sweet.

I don't know why he says my/I and not his/he, but he is speaking about Martouf's feelings. As someone on that thread points out, he does sound very enthusiastic about the Sam/Martouf relationship in the video interview, so maybe they're right and he does have a little crush on Amanda Tapping

-Snotr
              Aww, thanks for missing me!!

That's a great interview!! And ya, I've noticed that he does talk like that when discussing her. But really .... who wouldn't have a crush on her!!!
              Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

That's a great interview!! And ya, I've noticed that he does talk like that when discussing her. But really .... who wouldn't have a crush on her!!!
                Yes, wonderful interview, he is really sweet...and I agree, he seems to have a little crush on her - which is understandable. Well, I am sure he liked making the movie 'Stuck', then

-Skadi
                sigpic

Comment

Yes, wonderful interview, he is really sweet...and I agree, he seems to have a little crush on her - which is understandable. Well, I am sure he liked making the movie 'Stuck', then

-Skadi
                  I still have to get my hands on a copy of that!! I just have to get around to snail-mailing him for a copy....
                  Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

What is 'Stuck'?

Favorite love-dodecagon:

Comment

What is 'Stuck'?
                      A movie staring JR and Amanda Tapping. The whole thing takes place in an elevator.

Here is a link to a fanvid for it.
                      Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

Wonderful video interview (well, I got the video without sound here on this useless library computer, but he's wonderful to just look at) I read the transcrpt - glad he says Martouf loves Sam (and I agree with the rest of you on the crush )

Stuck is a great movie, one of the best I've seen. You should defnitively get it, Sun'shyne! Both Jr and AT plays fantastic!
                        sigpic
                        button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

A movie staring JR and Amanda Tapping. The whole thing takes place in an elevator.

Here is a link to a fanvid for it.
                          Looks interesting - I certainly need to see that - where did you get the movie?

-Snotr

Favorite love-dodecagon:

Comment

-Snotr
                            I don't recall the details but there were a number of people on the Sam thread who got copies through JR's brother. If you headed over there to ask I'm sure someone could help you out.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

-Snotr
                              I got it from the director, Lindsay Bourne. He sold some copies a couple of months ago. The information was in the 'Sam's a great character' thread, I think. Lindsay Bourne has a clip from the movie on his youtube page (http://www.youtube.com/user/lbourne) and I think it's possible to contact him from there, so you could try and see if he has more copies left.

-Skadi
                              sigpic

Comment

-Snotr
                                I personally don't have it, but you can get it from JR or Lindsey.... I'll try to find the link for you.. I know it's around here somewhere!
                                Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

Working...
                                X