Samantha Carter/Martouf/Lantash Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hathor_girl View Post
    So, trying to get this...a story like "Stolen Property" (Pagan Twylight) is ship, but something like...eh, "Timelines" or "Changes" (Roeskva) is not - and neither is your story, MerryK, because despite Jolinar and Martouf/Lantash having a relationship, it is not the topic of the story (and besides, Jolinar's host Sam is not part of it).
    That sounds about right to me (although I have a strong feeling my story's going to end up ship later on).

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
    ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
      That sounds about right to me (although I have a strong feeling my story's going to end up ship later on).
      *hopes*
      sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
      (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
      Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

*sneaks in*

GOSH! GW is way to S L O W!
        It's pretty annoying.

Haven't been here for a while.
        Hope everyone is doing fine.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
          *sneaks in*

GOSH! GW is way to S L O W!
          It's pretty annoying.

Haven't been here for a while.
          Hope everyone is doing fine.
          Yes, it's been slow - to a point where I often gave up on posting.

Good to see you again, Luciana. We've missed you! And it's been quiet without you.

Favorite love-dodecagon:

Comment

Awww. Missed ya, too.
            Slow GW is a Firefox problem I guess. I installed a Firefox add-on to solve that problem and it works. It's even faster than before.

So if you use Firefox...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....6&postcount=12

I'm not sure how that thing works exactly. Used a filter for germany and tadaaa...everything'S fast again.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
              Awww. Missed ya, too.
              Slow GW is a Firefox problem I guess. I installed a Firefox add-on to solve that problem and it works. It's even faster than before.

So if you use Firefox...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....6&postcount=12

I'm not sure how that thing works exactly. Used a filter for germany and tadaaa...everything'S fast again.
              Worked! Thank you
              sigpic
              button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJanson View Post
                Worked! Thank you
                Me too! Thanks a lot!

Comment

Feels better, doesn't it?

Almost forgot how a fast GW feels.
                  sigpic

Comment

Welcome back, Luciana
                    sigpic
                    Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Thank you Skadi.
                      Feels good to be home again.
                      sigpic

Comment

I was thinking...What do you think would happen if Sam became host again, to a Tok'ra? Would it - somehow - 'release' Jolinar's memories and get those as well? Would it change them? Would that symbiote suddenly feel like Jolinar did, assuming neither had another mate?

Favorite love-dodecagon:

Comment

Originally posted by Snotr View Post
                          I was thinking...What do you think would happen if Sam became host again, to a Tok'ra? Would it - somehow - 'release' Jolinar's memories and get those as well? Would it change them? Would that symbiote suddenly feel like Jolinar did, assuming neither had another mate?
                          Ooh, interesting question. Considering that that's probably never happened, with the "host for life" and all that, anyone's guess could go. I think you're probably right, but I'm not sure exactly what the effect would be. I always thought that not all of Jolinar's memories went to Sam, just the ones that were important/new, since they didn't have time for full blending. Assuming that, the new symbiote would probably not be totally affected by them, having thousands of years of memories of its own.

Comment

I don't know. I hadn't thought of that, but if Sam had taken Selmak (or ever takes some other symbiote) we would get that.

I have usually thought that because Jolinar died in Sam, she somehow got ALL her memories, feelings, etc. (as opposed to how it normally is in a blending - I don't think the host get all the symbiotes memories, but some and have access to the rest).
                            Sort of like it was an accident that it was all transferred, because Jolinar couldn't hold anything back or something - Martouf was surprised that Sam felt what Jolinar felt.

That also explains how Sam could usually get to any memory needed with the memory recall device or whatever, it was just difficult because it was all jumbled and most was not accessible.
                            Good for Sam, I guess, because if she had access to it all, she would mostly be Jolinar with a little bit of Sam. I still think it must have changed her a lot, and it would have been fun to see her friends go

"Sam - you don't like steak"
                            "Oh, I love it...now"

"Sam - I thought you liked green?"
                            "No, I hate it. I like red."

and so on...

I agree that a symbiote would be better able to handle it, though I do think she would get it all (and feel the same as Jolinar, eventually). How much it affected the symbiote would probably depend on that symbiotes age compared to Jolinar's.

-Skadi
                            sigpic
                            Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

After seeing your answers I SO wish someone had written such a story. Could be fun

Favorite love-dodecagon:

Comment

I would be happy to just see more stories with Sam/Martouf/Lantash. Now when the Isis awards have started their nomination period, we should perhaps get started nominating some of the SML stories. I was kind of considering taking all ship stories from Symbiotica (any pairings) that got 4 stars or more and nominate those. Do you think that would be considered cheating? It's not like I have written any of the stories or even know someone that has.

Skadi, you posted a list of Sam/Martouf/Lantash stories/authors a while ago (I think it was you). Could you repost it so I can see if that's where I read some great stories? I might want to nominate some of those as well.
                                sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Working...
                                X