No announcement yet.

Samantha Carter/Martouf/Lantash Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long do you think it takes for host/symbiote to 'synchronize' their feelings? Do you think that if thy are already blended and one of them falls in love, then it is only a matter of very short time before the other does as well?
    sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Originally posted by Hathor_girl View Post
      How long do you think it takes for host/symbiote to 'synchronize' their feelings? Do you think that if thy are already blended and one of them falls in love, then it is only a matter of very short time before the other does as well?
      I think it is faster if they are already blended, but I do think it happens pretty fast in either case, if it is a 'true' blending (the participants mean to stay blended and it is a Tok'ra symbiote). I do think Lantash probably fell in love with Sam first (at least deepest in love), but I do think Martouf followed very soon afterwards, if that is what you are thinking about. I don't think it matters much who 'started it'. If it feels exactly like your own emotions, then what is the difference? Besides, it now is your emotions as well - since you are feeling them.

-Skadi
      sigpic
      Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Originally posted by Hathor_girl View Post
        I think it's a fair amount of time, depending on the emotions. Strong emotions that come as a flash (lust, fear, joy, grief) probably immediately effect the partner, but longer-lasting and less-intense emotions probably take longer. I'd imagine that it's next to impossible for symbiote and host to be in huge disagreement, but I would think that their individuality would allow for variations in degree of emotion. But especially if they've been fully blended for a while, I think any strong emotion will synchronize in a matter of weeks at most.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
        ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Sounds right. It makes sense the emotions syncronize faster for pairs that have been blended a long time - they also probably are not that different anymore anyway, emotion-wise. Though I agree with MerryK that they have probably differences in at least 'lesser' feelings, based on their personality. We do know they 'love as one', so the stronger emotions do get syncronized.
          sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Just want to point out that image-rotate seems to be over bandwidth again...they really should buy more bandwidth. This sucks!

-Snotr
            sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
            (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
            Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

Seems to be up again - or did you guys change to a different server?

-Skadi
              sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

I didn't - perhaps they just changed to higher bandwidth? Or problem was something else.
                sigpic
                button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

I guess it's the same problem like last month. We just need to wait till september.

I'm using Clintonio until imagerotate is back.
                  sigpic

Comment

I found this story:

http://sgnovels.shahrazad.net/storiesb/betrayed.txt (Betrayed)

It is Sam/Martouf, after D&C (Martouf/Lantash survives). It is very long. Some of it is interesting, but there is too little 'Lantash' in the story for my taste - especially in their relationship with Sam.

-Skadi
                    sigpic

Comment

How would you like Martouf/Lantash to come back?

1) Same and from this universe. The ones that died were clones/they survived and the Tok'ra pretended they did not, to use them as secret undercover agents/other reason

2) as clones

3) from another universe, just visiting

4) from another universe, staying here because Sam here is alive/available/etc.

5) other (suggest)

6) don't care as long as they come back

7) I don't want them back (because the writers would just screw up the writing of them perhaps?)

8) They're not dead! It's just an evil rumour!

-Skadi
                      sigpic

Comment

Wah! That's great!

Okay...if I have to decide for just ONE of them...it's #6

Oh wait... #8 is of course VERY true.
                        sigpic

Comment

1, 3, 4, 6, 8, with a preference for #8!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
                            How would you like Martouf/Lantash to come back?

1) Same and from this universe. The ones that died were clones/they survived and the Tok'ra pretended they did not, to use them as secret undercover agents/other reason

2) as clones

3) from another universe, just visiting

4) from another universe, staying here because Sam here is alive/available/etc.

5) other (suggest)

6) don't care as long as they come back

7) I don't want them back (because the writers would just screw up the writing of them perhaps?)

8) They're not dead! It's just an evil rumour!

-Skadi
                            #1 and #2 feel like cheats to me (#8 would too if it wasn't "LOL so true"). #6 and #7 make me go "meh". #3 or #4 would be great. What about time travel? Landry's line in Continuum about how they only want to change the timeline because they haven't lived in the altered one made me think about this...what if a time-travel escapade by SG-1 alters the timeline, but it seems like it's a better one, so they don't change it? The writers would never do it for canon, but I think it'd make a great fanfic tool.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                            ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                              #1 and #2 feel like cheats to me (#8 would too if it wasn't "LOL so true"). #6 and #7 make me go "meh". #3 or #4 would be great. What about time travel? Landry's line in Continuum about how they only want to change the timeline because they haven't lived in the altered one made me think about this...what if a time-travel escapade by SG-1 alters the timeline, but it seems like it's a better one, so they don't change it? The writers would never do it for canon, but I think it'd make a great fanfic tool.
                              Yes, changing the timeline so they are alive would be GREAT! I've actually seen such a fanfic, though the Tok'ra are only in it at the very end. I think I have the link...somewhere...
                              sigpic

Comment

Hah, found the link

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3859907/1/Timelines
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X