Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's pretty useful.
    Found it by accident!

I wanted to use the Ronon sig I made and I'm using now.
    But I didn't want to delete the Martouf sig. I probably wouldn't have the heart to delete it.

So an image rotate is the best solution.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
      It's pretty useful.
      Found it by accident!

I wanted to use the Ronon sig I made and I'm using now.
      But I didn't want to delete the Martouf sig. I probably wouldn't have the heart to delete it.

So an image rotate is the best solution.
      sounds neat - I may use that too Thanx
      sigpic
      button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

Found a Sam/Martouf/Lantash story. It's actually very sweet and I liked it: http://www.tthfanfic.com/Story-2632/...lready+Wet.htm
        For people that care - I think the rating is G.

-Skadi
        sigpic
        Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
          Found a Sam/Martouf/Lantash story. It's actually very sweet and I liked it: http://www.tthfanfic.com/Story-2632/...lready+Wet.htm
          For people that care - I think the rating is G.

-Skadi
          It really is a very sweet story. It is also very short, which is too bad, since I would very much like to know what happened later
          sigpic

Comment

Theres a german saying what would fit...
            it's "Brevity is the soul of wit."
            It sounds better in german.

What I actually want so say is: "Short but wonderful!"
            sigpic

Comment

I found a site with really cute cartoon drawings of many of the SG-1 characters. It's called Lady Littlefox Designs and can be found here: http://www.ladylittlefox.com/galleries.html

Here are the drawings of Sam and of Martouf/Lantash:

sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Originally posted by Hathor_girl View Post
                I found a site with really cute cartoon drawings of many of the SG-1 characters. It's called Lady Littlefox Designs and can be found here: http://www.ladylittlefox.com/galleries.html

Here are the drawings of Sam and of Martouf/Lantash:

Oooh, how cute! - especially Lantash He is just adorable
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJanson View Post
                  Oooh, how cute! - especially Lantash He is just adorable
                  Yes, I totally agree. I also liked the picture of Jacob and Selmak and of Junior

-Snotr
                  sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
                  (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
                  Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

Interesting pics, though if it weren't for the hair and costumes, I wouldn't call them recognizable. Still, quite cute.

I thought you might be interested in hearing about an idea I saw posited elsewhere (can't remember where) from S/J shippers about how Sam really only seems to fall for Jack after she kills Martouf. One person's idea about why was that Sam has memories of a healthy, long-lasting, mature relationship from Jolinar, something she has never achieved for herself. She's afraid to reach out for Martouf/Lantash because she wants to be sure it's her relationship not Jolinar's, and also because she's not sure she can make it work. And then killing Martouf just makes it clear to her that she'll never get that great relationship, so she plants her affection on the "safe bet" (the relationship she can't have and so therefore can't ruin): Jack.

What'dya think? I think the theory makes sense, but I don't see Sam being quite so afraid about things. I think she was much less hesitant about starting a relationship with Martouf, and that she had enough faith in herself to believe that they could last, but that, definitely, the only reason she turns to Jack is because she's distraught over losing Martouf.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                    ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                      Interesting pics, though if it weren't for the hair and costumes, I wouldn't call them recognizable. Still, quite cute.

I thought you might be interested in hearing about an idea I saw posited elsewhere (can't remember where) from S/J shippers about how Sam really only seems to fall for Jack after she kills Martouf. One person's idea about why was that Sam has memories of a healthy, long-lasting, mature relationship from Jolinar, something she has never achieved for herself. She's afraid to reach out for Martouf/Lantash because she wants to be sure it's her relationship not Jolinar's, and also because she's not sure she can make it work. And then killing Martouf just makes it clear to her that she'll never get that great relationship, so she plants her affection on the "safe bet" (the relationship she can't have and so therefore can't ruin): Jack.

What'dya think? I think the theory makes sense, but I don't see Sam being quite so afraid about things. I think she was much less hesitant about starting a relationship with Martouf, and that she had enough faith in herself to believe that they could last, but that, definitely, the only reason she turns to Jack is because she's distraught over losing Martouf.
                      Yes, certainly an interesting theory - and I do agree that she would only be interested in Jack because she couldn't have Martouf/Lantash and, as you say, Jack is safe because she can't have him either, effectively protecting her against any disapointment (I always thought Jack made a great friend for her, but that they would bore each other and be too different).

While I do agree that having the memories of a very successful and very long lasting relationship would most likely make any relationships for Sam be difficult - that may have been why she broke off with Pete - that wasn't what she was looking for - I also think that it would not eventually have stopped her from having a relationship with Martouf/Lantash.
                      It might, however, stop her from having a successful relationship with anyone else, though - she does have 100 years of memories about them from Jolinar and very strong feelings for them also. I know that would be troublesome for me - I doubt very much I would be able to be with anyone else than the one I had those memories about. Poor Sam.

Conclusion; I agree. She would have had faith enough in herself to start (and continue) a relationship with Martouf/Lantash, but I doubt she can have a (long) term relationship with anyone else. Bring back Martouf/Lantash!

I would love to see one of those (hopefully many) universes where Sam is with Martouf/Lantash and the relationship lasts. Couldn't the writers at least show us one of those?

Something else (somewhat related) I suddenly thought of - I suppose it is a good thing that Sam doesn't remember all that Jolinar deposited in her brain, because our personality is in large part the result of our memories, and since Sam has ~35 years of memories from herself and ~1500 years of memories from Jolinar - I guess that would then have made her Jolinar with a little bit of Sam thrown in Somewhat dangerous to slap a memory recall device on her I would think!

-Skadi
                      sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Just bumping this thread with a picture. I really love Martouf/Lantash's expression on it

-Snotr

Favorite love-dodecagon:

Comment

Haha - yes, he does look a bit sneaky (or maybe just tired - lol)
                          sigpic

Comment

Mostly tired, I think - sweet though

-Skadi
                            sigpic

Comment

Skadi, I like your Jolinar quote Great choice.

-Snotr

Favorite love-dodecagon:

Comment

Yes. Great quote.

It's funny. I watched this episode the day before yesterday.

And yesterday I watched three SG1 episodes and one Atlantis on german TV.
                                And one of Andromeda.

I love our sci-fi wednesday on german tv!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X