No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding the cut scene in Full Circle, Amanda was asked about this at the Creation Con in March. Great transcript of the AT/MS Q&A at:

http://www.stargatefan.com/fandom/co...transcript.htm

Here is the question about the Sam/Daniel scene.

13. Q: This question is really for Amanda but Michael you can jump in if you want. In the director's commentary for Full Circle, Martin Wood said, there was a little scene between you and Michael cut for time reasons, that you insisted upon, where Sam and Daniel reconnect. Could you tell us some of the dialogue and how you felt when it turned out he hadn't come to you?

AT: It was a scene because while Daniel was ascended, he visited
    Teal'c, he visited O'Neill but he never visited Sam. And Sam is like,
    "Why didn't you ever visit me?" and I think the dialogue went
    "well, you didn't need me as much as the others."
    (She looks at MS to confirm this and he nods.)
    "Yeah, but, you know, I missed you." "But all the same."
    So it was an interesting little, sort of brother/sister, sibling rivalry dynamic
    that's sort of fun for us to play. And they ended up cutting it
    from the dialogue, we did shoot it, but they ended up cutting it from it.
    But I just thought it was important that there was something addressed
    as to why Sam and Daniel hadn't connected during his whole
    ascension. That she felt left out.
    I would have loved to have seen this little interaction.
    Last edited by keshou; 22 May 2004, 05:55 AM.
    Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Feli
      DJFavorite, I've merged your "Daniel/MS thunk thread" with this thread because the "Daniel Discussion" allows for all kinds of drooling over our favorite archeologist as well as for serious discussion about the character.
      Thanks. I wasn't sure, and there hasn't been much in the way of drooling in this thread. I will start making sure that is the case now.
      No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Kes, that's a really sweet scenelet. And I think it *is* canon

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by DJFavorite
          Thanks. I wasn't sure, and there hasn't been much in the way of drooling in this thread.
          Of course not! We like Daniel for his mind, his personality, his wit and so forth

I will start making sure that is the case now.
          Well, we've been serious and deep and intense now for over a hundred posts, we deserve a bit of light relief. Bring on the pictures!

Madeleine

Comment

Our Darling Daniel.........

It's he so adorable..... You could just give him a big hug and kiss.

SSSSMMMAAAACCCCCKKKK!!!
            Last edited by DJFavorite; 28 May 2004, 10:18 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
              There's no doubt that I'd have wanted more of Daniel in s6, but retrospectively I can't think of a way to do it without detracting from the power and beauty and significance of Abyss and Changeling. Daniel's two fairly brief appearances were much more precious to me because of how sparingly he was used that year.
              I see what you mean and I think they made the right choice to leave it with Abyss and Changeling only.
              I like a lot what you wrote and I totally agree with you.
              I don't think Daniel should have visited Sam, I just thought that a scene between the two explaining why he didn't could have added some meaning to Daniel's time as an ascended.

Comment

What about "Full Circle"???????Daniel and Jack in the lift is a great piece of filming
                "Silence"Kneel before your God
                Apophis is the english Translation for "APEPI" Serpent god of the night

Comment

Thanks. I wasn't sure, and there hasn't been much in the way of drooling in this thread. I will start making sure that is the case now.
                  Then by all means drool away...!

I myself am partial to S7 Daniel btw. The gym scene in Orpheus for example, yumm!

Comment

Well, we've been serious and deep and intense now for over a hundred posts, we deserve a bit of light relief. Bring on the pictures! [/QUOTE]

I agree it has gotten a bit serious in here.

I am for more pictures so here is one of my faves. It is from Upgrades. This eps shows one of the reasons why I love him. After the armbands kick in, Daniel is impressed more by the fact that he can read real fast and not by his incredible strength. I guess you could say I love Daniel for his mind.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

I absolutely love Daniel!

I love his heart. I think he is so compassionate, kind-hearted, good-hearted, good-natured, and a wonderful humanitarian. I love his desires to want to do things for the better. He always tries to find a more diplomatic solution first. But, is also very loyal, and very commited to his causes. He also knows how to stand his ground and fight for what is right. So, he may not be military, but I think he's gotten much better at military tactics and can certainly handle himself in a battle. I love it when he's apart of the action, and can handle a P-90 pretty well, I might add.

Not to mention, hunky, sexy, gorgeous, and beautiful....which also describes Michael Shanks, as well.
                      sigpic
                      Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarym1
                        After the armbands kick in, Daniel is impressed more by the fact that he can read real fast and not by his incredible strength. I guess you could say I love Daniel for his mind.
                        He's so adorable, the way he says, "I can read really fast"
                        I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I just rewatched Legacy from the other day, and, as usual, I just wanted to climb into the tv and comfort Daniel. I sometimes enjoy thoses episodes of Daniel, because I just want to hold him in my arms and tell him everything will be ok.

Don't you agree....
                          Last edited by DJFavorite; 28 May 2004, 10:10 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Ye gods, don't do that to me....one of my favourite episodes....can I comfort him, like, NOW???

I mean, of course "Legacy" is also a very interesting episode and such, but *please* can I go hug the poor guy?
                            Last edited by Iskandra; 24 May 2004, 11:05 AM. Reason: bah, typo

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                            Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                            ~CELLO!~
                            ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

I just rewatched Legacy from the other day, and, as usual, I just wanted to climb into the tv and comfort Daniel. I sometimes enjoy thoses episodes of Daniel, because I just want to hold him in my arms and tell him everything will be ok.
                              Yes....me too. Poor Daniel. When he starts crying, and apologizes for being a "head case". That's what really broke my heart. My whole heart just went out to him. I just wanted to give him big hug, and tell him that everything will be all right.

Plus, he looks might yummy in the white scrubs.
                              sigpic
                              Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Hi
                                This thread is dedicated to Daniel Jackson/MS. What do you like about his character/acting?

Im sorry if this has been made before.

Comment

Working...
                                X