Daniel Jackson Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
    Some time I plan to do a "best Daniel ep" poll. Anyone want to narrow it down to a few? And by 'a few' I mean anything from 20 to 100, I'm not bothered, cos if it's a lot I can do 'heats'.

We could possibly have heats in 'topics': Hero Daniel; Daniel Character Development; Daniel In Peril...

What does everyone think?
    I could go for something like that!

You could come up with several categories, like you have listed above, then use the top winner in each category to use for the overall best episode.
    No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Some time I plan to do a "best Daniel ep" poll. Anyone want to narrow it down to a few? And by 'a few' I mean anything from 20 to 100, I'm not bothered, cos if it's a lot I can do 'heats'.

We could possibly have heats in 'topics': Hero Daniel; Daniel Character Development; Daniel In Peril...

What does everyone think?
      I'd like to see a best "Daniel and Jack Exchange" poll. Their relationship has always been very meaningful to the show. Or maybe a best "Friendship" moment. I was going to suggest a Best "Death" moment, but how does one choose from so many?

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
        I keep waiting for Dana_Jeanne to post another "Which ep is this from?" Daniel piccie so we can guess...
        Poor Deej brought Strep Throat back from the vancouver con..... however.... let's see what I can come up with!

And I like the idea of doing Daniel polls.

deej
        Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Okay--- what episode is this from????

Michael Shanks Online

Comment

I believe I know, but I'll let someone else guess......

Spoiler:
            Red Sky?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DJFavorite
              I believe I know, but I'll let someone else guess......

Spoiler:
              Red Sky?
              Too easy, huh? Yeah that was it. Must be the strep making me weak.

Let me find a more difficult one!

Deej

Michael Shanks Online

Comment

...and Crazy Daniel, don't forget Crazy Daniel.

There could be some overlap on these categories, mind you. I look at 'Reckoning,' for instance, and see Daniel In Peril, Hero Daniel and some pretty cool Character Development as well, and, if that wasn't enough,
                Spoiler:
                one of those lovely "death moments" Seshat was talking about to boot.
                Sort of an All-Dressed Daniel episode, that one.

Then again, I'm not sure if it qualifies as a "Daniel Episode," strictly speaking. Not in the same way that 'Forever In A Day' is a Daniel Episode.

Darn, what a thing to have to wrack my addled little brain over.

Should be a hoot.

TC

Comment

Yeah, Reckoning could go in several categories. And while I wouldn't call it a "Daniel Episode" since it's very team-balanced, I think we can include it in the voting for the Best Daniel Episode.

So: Categories...

Hero Daniel
                  Scholar/Explorer Daniel
                  Loopy Daniel
                  Daniel in Peril
                  Daniel & Jack - or Daniel & Colleagues? I lean toward the latter

Can anyone think of others we should have; or any of the above that could be bettered? And if anyone wants to list eps that might fall into particular characters I'd be very grateful

Madeleine

Comment

Hero Daniel - Promentihus Unbound
                    Scholar/Explorer Daniel - Thor's Chariot
                    Loopy Daniel - Holiday, Lifeboat, Need,
                    Daniel in Peril - Evolution, Promethus Unbound?

It's late, and that's all I can come up with at the moment.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DJFavorite

Hero Daniel - Promentihus Unbound
                      Scholar/Explorer Daniel - Thor's Chariot
                      Loopy Daniel - Holiday, Lifeboat, Need,
                      Daniel in Peril - Evolution, Promethus Unbound?

It's late, and that's all I can come up with at the moment.
                      Huh, I think you got most of them. Daniel in Peril -Crystal Skull, First Ones.

Scholar/Explorer Daniel - The Torment of Tantulous (which I think I spelled wrong)

Loopy Daniel - Legacy!

Daniel and Colleagues? A tough one. I mean, I can't think of a blanket one for all three. I can think of a Daniel and Jack -The Fifth Race. And, a Daniel and Teal'c -Avatar. And, the only thing I can think of with Sam is Singularity, and that's based on one scene, where he questions why she should be detached about letting Cassie die, and I don't know if you can use one scene to count as an episode that focuses on Daniel and Sam. But, I can't think of any that stand out as Daniel and the team as a whole.
                      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Hero Daniel
                        Scholar/Explorer Daniel
                        Loopy Daniel
                        Daniel in Peril
                        Yeah, the latter means we can put episodes like 'Cor-Ai,' 'Orpheus,' 'Avatar' and 'The Changeling' alongside 'The Fifth Race,' 'Abyss'' and 'Beast Of Burden' (well, he was a good friend to Chaka in that one ).

Can anyone think of others we should have; or any of the above that could be bettered? And if anyone wants to list eps that might fall into particular characters I'd be very grateful
                        I'm having a bit of trouble placing episodes like 'COTG,' 'Secrets,' 'Full Circle,' 'Fallen' and 'Forever In A Day' in any of those ('Maternal Instinct' and 'The Curse,' I guess, would qualify as Scholar/Explorer, and 'Absolute Power' could pass for Loopy Daniel, and he's not quite "himself" in 'Beneath The Surface,' either).

Would they fall under 'Hero Daniel,' or is that more of a 'Daniel Saves The Day (or gives it a darn good shot)' category?

A few additions to those that have been mentioned, then:

Hero Daniel - 'Meridian,' 'There But For The Grace Of God,' 'Icon,' 'Enemy Mine,' 'Reckoning,' 'Threads,' I might add 'Enigma' and 'Scorched Earth' here (he certainly saves the day), perhaps 'Beast Of Burden' (if "friends/colleagues" is more for SG-1 alone) and 'Moebius;' pending classification, 'Secrets,' 'Forever In A Day,' 'COTG,' 'Full Circle' (still don't know what to do with 'Fallen')

Scholar/Explorer - 'The Curse,' 'Maternal Instinct,' 'The Tomb,' 'Resurrection'

Loopy Daniel - 'The Light;' again, pending classification also 'Absolute Power,' 'Beneath The Surface,' possibly 'Lockdown'

Daniel In Peril - 'Fire & Water,' maybe 'Chimera;' the trouble with Daniel-in-peril is that he's so often so utterly heroic in those episodes ('Evolution,' 'Prometheus Unbound,' 'Reckoning,' 'F&W') it's hard to classify him as the "Pauline" of the story.

Daniel & Friends - 'Abyss,' 'The Changeling,' 'Orpheus,' 'Avatar,' 'Shades Of Grey,' 'Cor-Ai'

Was there a particular timeframe you were looking at for doing this? I ask only because I leave for two weeks' holiday in Ireland tomorrow and, while missing some of the fun is inevitiable, I would hate to miss all of it.

TC

Comment

Maybe we need Emotionally Devestated Daniel. Or something along those lines. Forever and a Day, and maybe Secrets coukd fit there.
                          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker Case
                            Daniel In Peril - 'Fire & Water,' maybe 'Chimera;' the trouble with Daniel-in-peril is that he's so often so utterly heroic in those episodes ('Evolution,' 'Prometheus Unbound,' 'Reckoning,' 'F&W') it's hard to classify him as the "Pauline" of the story.
                            As far as I'm concerned the ultimate Daniel In Peril ep is The First Ones! I still think that if Jack & Co. had not shown up at the very last moment and momentarily distracted Chaka's rival, the leader of the pack and his cohorts would have succeeded in making a tasty meal of our boy.

And I'm still politicking for a Best Death ep. Which IMHO would be in The Serpent's Lair because it was the only time I didn't see it coming from twenty miles away.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                              Maybe we need Emotionally Devestated Daniel. Or something along those lines.
                              Or that Character Growth/Development category mentioned earlier? 'FIAD,' 'Secrets,' 'Full Circle,' perhaps even 'COTG,' 'Maternal Instinct,' 'Threads' and 'Fallen' would fit in something like that. Daniel marks some pretty big personal milestones in these stories, even if they don't rate high on the "Here I Come To Save The Day" heroism scale.

TC

Comment

Character Growth / Development sounds like a good category.

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                                X