No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about the Purple Shovel, for being wounded/killed in the line of Archaeology?

Comment

Originally posted by Jillybiehn
      How about the Purple Shovel, for being wounded/killed in the line of Archaeology?
      ROFL!

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Jillybiehn
        He can claim, and rightfully so, that he would be the first in history to recieve such an honor.
        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Now, how can we win an argument that he should receive special recognition when we let the thread slip to page two?! Shame on us!
          I have to say, after watching The Curse tonight, his civvies have improved slowly but surely. Hurray for the costume department!
          It's so different watching that ep from the perspective of knowing--do I need spoiler space? I'll go back and fix it if someone complains--that Sarah's Goulded from the very outset. It makes her character's motivations that much darker. And I love that Danny stuck to his guns and didn't tell her anything about what he'd been up to, though it would have been so easy for him to. *applauds* That's my boy.

Comment

Here Here. And how about in Thor's Hammer when our man Dan fired the staff at what appeared to be Sha're's onlly hope of degoa'ulding....... My heart swells at such selflessness

Comment

Indeed. That's just the way Daniel is. He always puts others ahead of himself, and I really like that in a character.And that's why I use the name Daniel's twin proudly.
              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Hi I just discovered this thread wow, to many pages not enough time.

I think I've been a Danielite since the begining, or at least since 'Fire and Water' I'm a sucker for wet t-shirts

Anyway a thought just occured to me (I haven't read all the posts yet so if its already been talked about, sorry) I was watching 'Abyss' (again ) and I started to wonder if Daniel would have ascended anybody durring his time with Oma. I'm thinking he proably would have.

What do you guys think?

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
                DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

I always had the feeling when he wasn't learning the Ascension ropes, he was mainly looking out for SG-1. But I can't see a reason why he wouldn't have helped a random person ascend...

Welcome Imo, and if you come over to the Daniel Thunk Thread, we'll post a pretty piccie of a wet fire and water Daniel for ya!

Comment

Hey now I remember Fire and Water very well and I must say I enjoyed that episode very much...... Had great angst and Daniel hurt..............

Yep our man Dan always gives of himself doesn't he? How many here would want him to find true happiness in the near future.......

Comment

Good point. I always had the impression that ascending someone was a power that Oma kept pretty much to herself. Not that other's couldn't ascend someone, just that they wouldn't be able to without her permission.

Otherwise I think Daniel would have spent all his time ascending worthy people, as that's the soul that he is.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm wondering what Ascended Daniel did. Since he couldn't interfere and make things better, than what the heck did he do with his time?

Besides wearing that V-neck sweater.

Comment

what the heck did he do with his time?
                          I'm gonna go with 'watched people in the shower'.

But seriously...

...Maybe time is perceived differently by the Ascended.

Comment

Originally posted by blingaway
                            I'm gonna go with 'watched people in the shower'.

But seriously...

...Maybe time is perceived differently by the Ascended.
                            Agreed...but Daniel knew what we were doing all along so his time view was probaly par with ours.

Comment

Originally posted by AzMcNeil
                              Agreed...but Daniel knew what we were doing all along so his time view was probaly par with ours.
                              'K...

Having my only remotely viable theory blown to bits, I'm now gonna go with the slightly less viable "they get patience pills in with their welcome basket'.

Comment

Daniel is a great character. I liked him at first but as merely an extra person on the show. Even when he ascended, I didn't really mind. It was great when he came back, but hey we had Jonus. When I really started to appreciate Daniel is from Season 7 on. I realized that he is a good character. Plus he was one of the original characters. The entire SG movie was based mostly on him. Without Daniel, where would the Stargate be? Where would SG-1 be? Jonas was good, but ascension? Who can beat that?
                                Daniel is a great character both for storylines and for other character development. He is the knowledge with the morals. The good guy. The one that always wants to help. The loyal friend. What a guy.

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
                                -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers

Comment

Working...
                                X