No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So kiwi's are a life form!!! that's nice.

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
      I was a tad disappointed in Convenant last night.

S8
      Spoiler:
      Whose lines were they giving him? Would he have passively gone along with researching this guy? Why were he and Sam so incredibly passive about the whole thing? Is it a case that now it's Jack giving the orders, he's suddenly OK with it all? But then he would have questioned Jack before. And why why why send a guy who's big thing was publicly announcing that the Pyramids were landing pads for alien spaceships to convince someone that there are no alien coverups...
      Spoiler:
      I think that Daniel is at least consistent - after all he's kept things hush for years, not publishing papers, trying to keep Stephen and Sarah from the truth in The Curse, trying not to let Nick know more than was necessary until he was without a choice. To me trying to persuade the Businessman chap to keep quiet was just an extension of that. He did at least *look* troubled at appropriate moments though.

But I'd be interested to know what made him agree to keep the secret in the first place, so many years ago. Did he think that the world should know about the Stargate? Did he have to be told that it was secrecy or prison, that if he'd only keep quiet he could be on the inside? It wasn't really necessary at first to know that at all, and now it's a bit late to delve into it, but to find out what knowledge he really thinks should be available to the general populations would be interesting.

That might be a con question.

Madeleine

Comment

Mmmmmm... I'd have to say that Daniel realizes that the world does not need to know right now about the Stargate, at least not while the Goa'uld are still a threat and we don't have the means to defend ourselves. As has been pointed out several times in the show, it would only lead to madness. Besides, he had been telling people that aliens built the pyramids for years, and I don't even think the tabloids put it in print.
        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by dannylover
          So kiwi's are a life form!!! that's nice.
          LOL
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
            Spoiler:
            I think that Daniel is at least consistent - after all he's kept things hush for years, not publishing papers, trying to keep Stephen and Sarah from the truth in The Curse, trying not to let Nick know more than was necessary until he was without a choice. To me trying to persuade the Businessman chap to keep quiet was just an extension of that. He did at least *look* troubled at appropriate moments though.

But I'd be interested to know what made him agree to keep the secret in the first place, so many years ago. Did he think that the world should know about the Stargate? Did he have to be told that it was secrecy or prison, that if he'd only keep quiet he could be on the inside? It wasn't really necessary at first to know that at all, and now it's a bit late to delve into it, but to find out what knowledge he really thinks should be available to the general populations would be interesting.

That might be a con question.
            good point. And definitely a good con question. I think that perhaps Daniel didn't think about keeping things a secret in the first place because he didn't have time. First he was focussed on getting through the gate in the first place, then when he came back from Abydos, the focus was on getting Sha're back, and that meant going through the gate as often as possible. I'm not even sure he left the SGC much in the beginning.
            sigpic

Comment

I often wonder if Daniel would really be allowed to join the SGC, and be on the alpha team to boot, since he's not military. I guess they cut him some slack since he did open the Gate.

Doesn't anyone wonder if Daniel gets paid less because he's not military? He probably doesn't have all the benefits that everyone else does. Perhaps he did live at the base for awhile. They seem to have a lot of rooms for people.

It would also stand to reason that he'd have to have a good deal of military training before going on the missions. For someone that spent a great deal of his life in the academic world, that must have been an adjustment.

Comment

According to that magazine, daniel's trained in several weapons, including the P90. he is more handy with guns then he used to be, he used to drop it, or miss all the time, now he's pretty dangerous with a gun. I do like that he's become darker and more dangerous.
                Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Yeah I'd hate to see what he could do if someone really yanked his chain hard. Not only is daniel darker now, I think he has it in him to become quite sociopathic if his buttons were pushed beyond their limits. Its just something in his eyes when he is very, very angry.

Not to mention he's gotten kinda buff lately. He could certainly take Jack to the cleaners if you ask me. Teal'c.....that's have to wait until season 10 when Daniel looks like Ahhhnullld!

hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Dragon
                    Yeah I'd hate to see what he could do if someone really yanked his chain hard. Not only is daniel darker now, I think he has it in him to become quite sociopathic if his buttons were pushed beyond their limits. Its just something in his eyes when he is very, very angry.
                    Hmm, sociopathic? Don't see it. Not unless he's under some alien influence. Scarily angry? Dark? Yes, I do think he can get that way, and I think that's not even a recent development. I think Daniel has a strong capacity for love, but an equally strong one for hate (although that might have toned down some).

that's have to wait until season 10 when Daniel looks like Ahhhnullld!

hehe.
                    Oh, please no. I personally would prefer he lose some of the muscles he has now. I am not a muscle person.
                    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I agree. I think that sociopathy isn't something you can repress, at least not successfully so that they can function as the moral centre of anything. Sure, there is a dark streak in Daniel - I think this is something he is very aware of. But he has too much integrity and loyalty to what he's doing with the SGC to ever let that get out of hand.

Maybe it started to in Season 5, and maybe descended Daniel is still a bit darker than he used to be, but ultimately ascencion returned Daniel back to the way he was before things took their toll (as we saw happening in early Season 5). Brought him back from the brink of the abyss, so to speak.
                      sigpic

Comment

I think Daniel is very passionate and any time you get a person with that much capacity for emotion it can swing to the extremes in both ways but he's also pretty grounded and all of the hard decisions he has had to make along the way are bound to make him a little darker and a little more complex. Personally I like it.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

ah yes, personally I like it too, a lot!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                            well as much as it is possible to not thunk when talking about Daniel...the advantage of the Thunk thread is the nice padding on the floor .

I was a tad disappointed in Convenant last night.

S8
                            Spoiler:
                            Whose lines were they giving him? Would he have passively gone along with researching this guy? Why were he and Sam so incredibly passive about the whole thing? Is it a case that now it's Jack giving the orders, he's suddenly OK with it all? But then he would have questioned Jack before. And why why why send a guy who's big thing was publicly announcing that the Pyramids were landing pads for alien spaceships to convince someone that there are no alien coverups...
                            I have no answers to any of that, although I've noticed that they seem to be giving him some of Jack's lines these days. You're right about Covenent, btw!

May I politely point out to TPTB that in the movie Daniel NEVER said the pyramids were built by Aliens or were used as alien landing pads. NEVER. He simply said that the pryamids were older than we think and he didn't know who built them. It was some lamebrain git in the audience who suggested ALIENS!

Okay. Calming down now

Dana Jeanne
                            Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

It's Ok. Just breathe, that's it.
                              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                                It's Ok. Just breathe, that's it.
                                Thank you. I'm okay now.

DJ
                                Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Working...
                                X