Daniel Jackson Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I miss Daniel....

But I have lots of DVD's to watch again and again and again...
    sigpic
    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

I really love Daniel. He has a good heart. Relates well to others and always tried to find the best in a situation. I must say it almost killed me when I heard MS left, but was relieved to hear he returned a season later.

I do prefer him with the shorter hair cut...and minus the floppy hat!

Comment

Started a few games here are the Stargate related ones
        http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...vies-1st-to-50

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...vies-1st-to-50
        sigpic
        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I always watch the episodes to see if I can spot Daniel. Let me explain why I say this!

My father and I used to watch a lot of television together when he was alive and one of our favorite thing to watch was a lot of sci-fiction shows including Star Trek. I remember he used to flip channels quite a bit and then we tuned into this new show called "Stargate SG-1" which looked interesting.

After a few minutes of watching I sucked in and was loving the story! I immediately noticed that Daniel Jackson was a lot like me. We loved to read, we knew languages and other cultures and we were always treated like a kid because we look so young. Plus we had glasses that looked a lot alike!

Even now I see that in a lot of ways I am a female version of Daniel Jackson and to see that actor be a lot like me I love it even more!

I only hope that someday I can find someone as special as Daniel in my life and perhaps he is out there looking for me too!
          sigpic
          Fate makes our relatives; choice makes our friends-quote I found in my dad's senior year of high school under his name

"Give me a pen and I'll write the words"
          http://avp60685.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by avp60685 View Post
            I always watch the episodes to see if I can spot Daniel. Let me explain why I say this!

My father and I used to watch a lot of television together when he was alive and one of our favorite thing to watch was a lot of sci-fiction shows including Star Trek. I remember he used to flip channels quite a bit and then we tuned into this new show called "Stargate SG-1" which looked interesting.

After a few minutes of watching I sucked in and was loving the story! I immediately noticed that Daniel Jackson was a lot like me. We loved to read, we knew languages and other cultures and we were always treated like a kid because we look so young. Plus we had glasses that looked a lot alike!

Even now I see that in a lot of ways I am a female version of Daniel Jackson and to see that actor be a lot like me I love it even more!

I only hope that someday I can find someone as special as Daniel in my life and perhaps he is out there looking for me too!
            I think Daniel is an easy character to fall for. He's a lot of things that a lot of people would like to be. He's empathetic, loyal, intelligent and often the moral voice of the team. He's also stubborn, occasionally snarky and very driven. It's an attractive, intriguing package! And it's one of the reasons he is such a popular character.

He is special. I hope you find your Daniel one day.

Comment

Thank you! I really hope there is a "Daniel" for me because guys like that are rare and hard to find now days!
              sigpic
              Fate makes our relatives; choice makes our friends-quote I found in my dad's senior year of high school under his name

Comment

I so agree there are some of qualities of Daniel that apply to me I hope I can find a Daniel like guy for me too
                sigpic
                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I hope you can find one Poundpuppy too!
                  sigpic

Comment

MAYBE a slight spoiler? New to this--hope I'm formatting this correctly!

Daniel was one of the first characters I connected with when I started watching Stargate--even the movie. When I started watching SG-1, I fell in love with the character. (It helped that MS was/is INCREDIBLY hot.)

I really enjoyed the evolution of his character--he was always incredibly smart, but the moral dilemmas he faced when ascended and the fallout of those decisions brought his character development to a whole new level. I would have loved to see him end up with someone (Vala does NOT count--ugghhh. Nothing against her, just the pairing) and have his happy ending.

Daniel is pretty much the perfect man--really the whole package!

Comment

Yes, he is hot, sweet, sensitive, hard working, funny, caring and so much more!

I watched part of "Heroes Part 2", at first I was disappointed he didn't speak at Janet's service but I realized that Sam said a lot in that ceremony and because of Janet, Daniel was saved on numerous occasions.

When Daniel cries, I cry along with him, I want to cuddle him and reassure him that it will be okay in the end. I know he has gone through a lot of heart break in his life, first losing his parents as a child and later his beloved wife and then having to part from his team and friends and then Janet, oh sweet beautiful Janet the one who was always there for him.

He also lost Sarah for awhile when she got possessed and because of that their relationship was strained and never fully the same after that, I know some say he had Vala but to me, Vala was not the right one for him to be with in a romantic sense, she is special to him but she's more of a annoying pesky sister than a love interest. I know that I do like their interactions in a few of the episodes but to me I always felt I could be the ultimate girl for him.
                      sigpic

Comment

I love Daniel with Vala but I understand why some don't in my AU they get married and have kids. Why I like then together is because when I watched the DVDs Vala brought Daniel back to life in a romantic sense before Vala there wasn't anyone for Daniel since Sha're.

I really don't count Sarah because he really didn't have much of relationship with her from what I can see they had a relationship in the past and we saw flashbacks in an ep in season 7 but it didn't seem to have passion he wasn't really into her that is the impression I got I think he cared about her but there wasn't a real spark between them. I think it was one of those situations where it sounds good on paper someone in the same field pretty & intelligent but does not work because there is no real spark.

I mean it happens in real life too I can remember being set up with people who my friends think I would like and want to go out with but there is no spark and they feel the same way no spark.

When I first got into Stargate I remember how people would complain about Vala with Daniel there was even a thread for people who didn't like it other ships had them too but those type of threads are not allowed anymore and are locked up I wish they were not I enjoyed reading them it was interesting and there was a pro con thread too so people could debate but it used to lead to fights.

I also remember people saying they should've put him with Janet and after I watched the DVDs I didn't see it at all they were friends but I didn't see any chemistry between them. I know a couple of Daniel fans wanted Sam to be with him but I saw a close friendship not a romantic one and to be honest it was the same with Jack & Teal'c I wish they would've let Daniel have more scenes with Cam they really didn't get a chance to have that close friendship that was like family I mean that is what Jack, Sam, Teal'c, Janet and Hammond were to him at least to me that's what I saw that's my impression.

I also like to Multiship Daniel I call it my AU ships I could see him with Elizabeth and even though they didn't have any scenes together I liked the idea of him with Teyla I think it would've been interesting but the 2 parter in SGA McKay got all the time with Daniel. I also could've seen Daniel with the Chinese IOA lady I think Daniel was flirting with her in an ep in season 9.

I am a little sensitive about criticism about Vala I understand why some don't like her but the one thing that bothers me and makes me angry is when they say she is not good enough for him. I understand when they don't like the paring especially if it interferes with their ship for Daniel that makes sense to me that is logical but to say she is not good enough for him bothers me.

I am a ship and let ship or slash or don't ship type of person whatever works for you. I really hope I didn't offend anyone. I miss Daniel and SG in general
                        sigpic

Comment

Daniel has always been my favourite character...the one character that has evoked such feeling of support and love in me....he has flaws but they only endear me to him more...without wishing to hurt anyone's feelings, but sticking to my principles, I also do not like him paired with Vala...this is nothing to do with the actors' portrayals but mainly due to the clumsy (imho) writing...S.9 and 10 were too "in your face" with Vala for me...I agree that, toned down, she would have made a great "companion" for him, but for me more in the sense of a travelling companion (like the Dr. Who companions) rather than a love interest...I find the female characters on SG-1 get a raw deal with romance writing...it's all too clumsily written (by men mainly) for my tastes...I like subtle....I love the way the flirting between Janet and Emmet Bregman in Heroes was done and I think Sara O'Neill was written beautifully, we should have seen more of her imho.....I LOVED Sarah Gardiner but don't think she was the right choice for Daniel...the actress who plays her is gorgeous and adorable though...Shau're was his true (canon) love for me...after all, it must have taken a pretty strong love and woman to make a man leave his whole world - literally - behind him and settle on a new planet..

Vala as annoying pesky younger sister I can see....Sam as the more sensible older one to keep him in line, yes that too I can see...

But my Daniel is better on his own (in canon series) and for my fanfic preferences, well you'll have to head over to the right thread for that one...*winks* ...

The clue is here --------> <-------- old.married.couple.

Deeds xx *slasher to the core*..
                          Last edited by discodiva; 28 March 2013, 01:11 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

I think, when it comes to pairings, Daniel is truly the Little Black Dress of SG-1 fandom.

He fits nicely with just about anyone and there's a relationship suitable for every eventuality.

I could see him with Sam, although, in truth, I think they're both better suited to others; both too career-driven and with too narrow a focus. I could see him with Janet; there was always a nice, quiet, interesting vibe between them. I loved him with movie!Sha-uri but only liked him with TV!Sh'are. With Sarah, it was all about attraction between like minds, work-wise, and I never really see much evidence of anything else.

With Vala, I had real issues. Although I loved their sparkage in Prometheus Unbound, I intensely disliked what the writers did with both of them when they tried to pen a relationship for them (actually, the writers had an appalling track record with m/f relationships on the show, but that's another story). Daniel became unrecognisable around Vala, and Vala turned from a feisty, funny, kick-ass woman into someone who did little more than harass Daniel and ended up trying to be what he wanted her to be at huge cost to her own character. I wanted more for her. And I definitely wanted more for Daniel.

The Daniel I see is self-contained and self-possessed. I think relationships "happen" to him. If he is in one, great, if not, I really don't think it matters very much to him.

Comment

Virtual Green because apparently I have to spread it around before I can give more to you...I rarely give it out these days anyway...

You are so right on all points...

But then I find myself always agreeing with 100% of what you say...even when it comes to other pairings *snerks at the SH shenanigans on DW*..

Deeds xx
                              sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday to one of my favorite characters of all time few characters have touched me like Daniel has
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X