No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favourite Daniel episode is Chimera. Somehow, his interaction with the rest of the team was amazing in that ep. Among my all time favourites are also Crystal Skull and Pegasus Project, for obvious reasons.
    On a shallow note, s8 episode Affinity is my favourite. Teal'c story was a bit boring, but Daniel looks gorgeous there

I know I have more to say on the subject, but I completely forgot what that was
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict
      My favorite Daniel episode, pre-Ascension is The First Ones.
      Oh, that's tough. It's a tie between Need & The Curse. The first one is a wonderful look into Daniel's psyche and what makes him tick plus it's foreshadowing of things to come. The other is Daniel at his archeological best, dealing with his own past. Gotta love that.

My favorite Ascended Daniel episode is Abyss (also my favorite Jack episode).
      Ditto. Greatest SG-1 ep ever, IMO.

My favorte post-Ascended Daniel episode is Life Boat.
      Surprisingly even to myself, I'll go with Prototype. I'm not a big fan of descended Daniel.

Originally posted by spider.man View Post
      I think that Daniel would be great with Samantha, I mean, The chemistry has always been there... has anybody got some good Sam/Daniel episodes I can watch??
      Chemistry, my friend, is a very subjective thing. Personally I've always seen Sam and Daniel as having a siblings-like relationship. If you feel like watching some S/D friendshippy goodness, the first 3 seasons are full of that. Off the top of my head I'd recommend:

CotG (especially new version)
      Thor's Hammer
      Singularity
      Gamekeeper
      Thor's Chariot
      Message in a bottle
      Fiad
      Jolinar's Memories/TDYK
      Watergate
      Point of No Return
      Tangent
      The Curse
      Meridian
      Fallen
      Heroes
      Covenant
      Threads
      Morpheus
      The Quest
      There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
      sigpic
      awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

He is by far my favorite on Stargate. Beside the fact Michael is so sexy, Daniel's character is so loveable!

I love how he can be funny, dopey about some things and so smart about others. So great!

I am a pretty new Stargate fan and I'm wanting to know the best Daniel episodes. I'm hooked lol

Comment

S6's Abyss is the first thing that comes to mind. It's great Jack and Daniel ep
          But since you are new to SG1, there are many great Daniel eps in S1: Children of the Gods, Thor's Hammer, The Torment of Tantalus, Fire and Water, There But for the Grace of God

Welcome
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks and hello. I'll have to check those episodes out first. Thank goodness Hulu is playing a lot of them.

Originally posted by liljana View Post
            S6's Abyss is the first thing that comes to mind. It's great Jack and Daniel ep
            But since you are new to SG1, there are many great Daniel eps in S1: Children of the Gods, Thor's Hammer, The Torment of Tantalus, Fire and Water, There But for the Grace of God

Welcome

Comment

For all you Daniel Jackson fans he is up for Best Sage, Boffin and Mentor in SFX Magazine's poll.
              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                For all you Daniel Jackson fans he is up for Best Sage, Boffin and Mentor in SFX Magazine's poll.
                I voted for my Daniel
                sigpic
                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I voted too
                  sigpic
                  Made by me.

Comment

SFX Magazine has published the result of its Favourite Sages, Mentors and Boffins with Micheal's Daniel Jackson placing 6th

No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

not bad at least he was in the top 10
                      sigpic
                      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy View Post
                        This is a Daniel friendly thread for talking about Daniel.

What do you like about the character? What did you think the first time you saw Daniel? How do you think they've handled the progression of Daniel's storyline? What do you think Daniel did when he was ascended? Boonie or bandana? Do you have a favourite Daniel episode?
                        Well I thought we was the coolest, smart and awesome looking guy around that could take one a big massive and gigantic mission such as Stargate Command and the Stargate Program and be apart of Stargate 1 or what is known as SG1 team too he reminds me of a Knight of sorts.
                        Moros/Merlin
                        "My Own Digital Artwork"
                        sigpic
                        "My Own Digital Artwork"
                        "Atlantis"

Comment

Bringing this thread up from the depths because everyone should read this marvellous character study of Daniel Jackson by fignewton on Dreamwidth...

http://fignewton.dreamwidth.org/161691.html

Thoughtful, insightful and beautifully crafted.....every Daniel fan should read it...

Deeds xx
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                          MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                            Bringing this thread up from the depths because everyone should read this marvellous character study of Daniel Jackson by fignewton on Dreamwidth...

http://fignewton.dreamwidth.org/161691.html

Thoughtful, insightful and beautifully crafted.....every Daniel fan should read it...

Deeds xx
                            *runs off to read*

Thanks for the link! xx
                            sigpic
                            Made by me.

Comment

Thanks indeed for the link. Love Daniel Jackson's character, even though I sometimes feel MS doesn't get to show off his true acting skills enough. Mainly when he's nuts for one reason or another, then he's brilliant.
                              sigpic

Comment

he's awesome! ... but i think he should have kept the beard. he looked cool with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X