No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I posted this for DJF on the MS/Daniel Thunk Thread But In Honor of Daniel's Birthday
    I think it should be on both threads
    Ok I promised DJF I would post a MS picture for you ladies......
    and if you didn't know there is a three page interview with MS from 7/7/04

here is the pic from that Article for your Thunking pleasure

and the link for the interview
    http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/528/528711p1.html
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
      Heck, it should be more than one episode because that was a BIG event in the character's evolution or at least have it affect the character or have some kind of impact in later episodes.
      In that vein, I hope it will not be a few "requisite episodes" and then "be done with that." As you pointed out, it is a life-altering event and not just in the literal sense . Its consequence should be consistently felt in Daniel's basic characterization. This arc will also serve the overcall story line, as we still know next to nothing about Oma and the Ancients.
      In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

I dont' want it dealt with in one episode either. What I'd like is to show the effect the ascension had on Daniel gradually. I can't imagine that what happend with Abydos had no effect on the guy at all.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
          I dont' want it dealt with in one episode either. What I'd like is to show the effect the ascension had on Daniel gradually. I can't imagine that what happend with Abydos had no effect on the guy at all.
          ITA, especially now that there are some more questions as to the whole truthfullness, inaction, apathy of some/all of the ascended ancients....at least from my POV. Are the Abydonians gonna be happy where they are at, or find something lacking as perhaps Danny did?...

Comment

Can I ask what ITA means? Sorry - first time I've come across it.
            sigpic

Comment

I totally agree.

Comment

the cool thing about daniel is he was soo groovy he was able to asend. He did that befor anyone eles was even thinking about asending. Daniel is the jedi!

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                  Can I ask what ITA means? Sorry - first time I've come across it.
                  Yep, as agent X said, it's I Totally Agree

Comment

Well, we've talked about wanting the whole ascended/descended storyline touched upon (or rather, explored thoroughly) ...what else has been left a bit open? His grandfather Nick...and Sarah/Osiris follow-ups...anything else and is anyone interested in seeing these stories brought back up in the next season?

Comment

I'm relatively new here and had to step up as a Daniel appreciator, because boy do I appreciate him--in oh so many ways.

As far as storylines, apart from the ascended/descended dangling plot (What exactly did happen to him while he was ascended? Please, writers, I'd like to know!), which is the one that I want dealt with the most, I also would love to see both Grandpa Nick and Sarah/Osiris. Of course it's a matter of having enough time to fit all that in, which very well might not happen.

If I had to choose between them, I'd probably choose Sarah/Osiris. Not because I didn't love Nick Ballard and his relationship with Daniel, but at least he's safe with the giant aliens. I'm really wondering what happened to Sarah and Osiris after Chimera. I would have preferred more on that relationship and less on Pete and Sam, and no, I'm not a Pete-hater, in fact I kind of like him. However Daniel's storyline had much more to do with Stargate mythology.

As far as other storylines, I'd be interested in a "Where does he go from here?", especially if this is the last year. What's going to happen to our favorite archaeologist, other than continuing through the gate? Will he ever get a chance to prove that his theories were correct? I'm not averse to romance for him either, as long as it's very, very lowkey. I only ship if it's subtle. (Except on Farscape. On Farscape it's in your face, and I love it.)

Just MHO

Comment

Originally posted by Jonisa
                        I'm relatively new here and had to step up as a Daniel appreciator, because boy do I appreciate him--in oh so many ways.

As far as storylines, apart from the ascended/descended dangling plot (What exactly did happen to him while he was ascended? Please, writers, I'd like to know!), which is the one that I want dealt with the most, I also would love to see both Grandpa Nick and Sarah/Osiris. Of course it's a matter of having enough time to fit all that in, which very well might not happen.
                        Howdy and welcome to appreciating Danny 101

I think that they could touch on Nick without devoting too much time to the storyline, maybe just a mention in another story.... The Sarah thing is interesting because I'd like to know how much they told her, is she allowed in the SGC, did she ever consider joining an SG team etc... The romance thing...I don't think they had oodles of chemistry, I guess I could take it or leave it either way....

Comment

Originally posted by Kaliska
                          Howdy and welcome to appreciating Danny 101

I think that they could touch on Nick without devoting too much time to the storyline, maybe just a mention in another story.... The Sarah thing is interesting because I'd like to know how much they told her, is she allowed in the SGC, did she ever consider joining an SG team etc... The romance thing...I don't think they had oodles of chemistry, I guess I could take it or leave it either way....
                          Thanks for the welcome.

As far as romance, I wasn't really thinking Sarah, I was just thinking in general. More I ponder it though, perhaps not. It seems to create more problems than anything else.

Daniel is such a multi-talented, complex character, I'll be happy just to see him thrown into new situations and having to deal with them. He's probably the angstiest (ok, that's not a word, but I hope you know what I mean ) on the show, and that's one of the reasons I love him as much as I do.

Comment

I don't think Sarah and Daniel are suited to a romance; we've seen in Chimera that he just wasn't interested enough in her for that sort of relationship to be healthy. But there was a nice dynamic between Osiris-pretending-to-be-Sarah and Daniel, and Sarah has a lot of potential for storylines. So it would be great to have an episode focusing on the two of them. I doubt there'd be any chance of romance now with all the baggage they both carry, but just being with Sarah and dealing with that baggage would be one of those 'new situations', so I'd love to see it onscreen.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                              I don't think Sarah and Daniel are suited to a romance; we've seen in Chimera that he just wasn't interested enough in her for that sort of relationship to be healthy. But there was a nice dynamic between Osiris-pretending-to-be-Sarah and Daniel, and Sarah has a lot of potential for storylines. So it would be great to have an episode focusing on the two of them. I doubt there'd be any chance of romance now with all the baggage they both carry, but just being with Sarah and dealing with that baggage would be one of those 'new situations', so I'd love to see it onscreen.
                              The only thing I could see is if the writers (or whomever) wished to show that Daniel has changed as far as the obsession over academics is concerned...like now, he values time spent with humans more and more instead of time spent with artifact, books, translations, etc...

As for me, I liked the Sarah character ok, but would actually rather hear about Nick a bit more...

edit to add:

I'm interested in Sarah's story in a more general way; as I said before, is she around the SGC, did she return to academia, etc.... As a romance, not so much...

Comment

I'm interested in Sarah's story, but feel there's so much more they could do with Nick. We need some answers!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X