No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i agree.... though the question is very similar to my regret one, i get where ya'll are comin from...
    I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
    sigpic

Comment

I find it difficult to accept that the Hathor incident was brushed over so easily. If it had happened to a woman it wouldn't have been taken so lightly. Of course, the fallout could have happened between episodes (or in fanfiction hehe)... not that we don't have enough Daniel angst as it is.

Speaking of which, I've just stayed up all night looking through the season one eps looking for a scene between Daniel and Teal'c. Its been stuck in my head for ages and I'm wondering now if I just imagined it. I thought there was a moment - part of the whole 'does something of the host survive' journey - where Daniel tells Teal'c that Sha're was with child when she was taken and Teal'c has to tell him that the process of being taken as a Goa'uld host would have terminated the pregnancy. Did this take place? And if so, in what episode? Am I imagining things? Please help cos its driving me nuts for some reason.

Minty
      Good night Atlantis, Good night crescent moon
      In all my years of searching, I am here...
      I've finally found you.

You can be whatever you want to be... in Atlantis!

www.atlantis-the-musical.com

Comment

Originally posted by ImaginaryGoddess
        Speaking of which, I've just stayed up all night looking through the season one eps looking for a scene between Daniel and Teal'c. Its been stuck in my head for ages and I'm wondering now if I just imagined it. I thought there was a moment - part of the whole 'does something of the host survive' journey - where Daniel tells Teal'c that Sha're was with child when she was taken and Teal'c has to tell him that the process of being taken as a Goa'uld host would have terminated the pregnancy. Did this take place? And if so, in what episode? Am I imagining things? Please help cos its driving me nuts for some reason.
        Think you're imagining things, sorry. It isn't so much that I personally don't remember anything like this; it's that, if there had been a scene like this, there would be a lot of fanfic out there about it, and I haven't seen any.

If it makes you feel better, I could have sworn that there was a part of the pilot episode where Daniel tells Jack that after they'd defeated Ra, the Abydonians worshipped Daniel, always bowing down to him, so Daniel's greetings to them tended to go, "Hi!... please don't do that." I have a vivid mental image of it in my mind, but I have no idea where I got it, since that scene is nowhere to be found on my DVD's.

Maybe you're thinking of some related scene in Secrets?

Many thanks to blingaway for the sig pic.

Comment

niether of those things happened... google, the solution to all problems

but i know what you guys mean... kept on imagining a scene where Carter actually makes a move on Jack... i think the AU Sam kissing him triggered that....
          sigpic

Comment

Actually, the "please don't do that" line did happen, in CotG. You can look up the transcript here on Gateworld. But, it wasn't the Abydonians. It was when they were on Chulak, and he jumped out to greet them (prompting Jack to comment on how he hadn't changed). And, the people knelt down, because he said he came through the Stargate. But, it was a one time thing. And, it wasn't because they worshipped Daniel especially.

But, we know that the Abydonians did respect and love Daniel. The goodbye scene in CotG is proof of that.
            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

yes, but the reference was to the Abydonians... therefore i'm correct, unless you count the movie, but i don't think he actually said "Please don't do that" did he?
              sigpic

Comment

I think we just have different definitions of what constitutes happening or not. To me, it did happen, just some of the details were wrong. I'm assuming that Katerine thought she made the whole thing up, and I was just saying that there was an actual scene that she was remembering. It wasn't exactly the way she remembered it, but there was a significant basis for it.

I also think there probably was a scene like that between Daniel and Teal'c. It sounds familiar. But, again, people's memories are vague, they may remember some of the details wrong (Abydonians instead of people on Chulak -Chulakians? Chulakies?), so it makes looking it up hard.

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Comment

i doubt Ammonet would have chosen Sha'uri if she was with child... i don't think Apophis would have even considered Sha'uri if she was with child... he would want the host to be as pure as possible....

there was a scene where Teal'c tells Daniel the only reason why Amonet's "sleeping" is cause if she's awake, Apophis's unborn child would have died...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ayan
                    niether of those things happened... google, the solution to all problems

but i know what you guys mean... kept on imagining a scene where Carter actually makes a move on Jack... i think the AU Sam kissing him triggered that....
                    I remember when she was sick that she attacked him and tryed to...um...then he took her to the doc. There was another time when a woman went after Jack. I think her name was Anise or something...I know I could not remember who the woman was at first and thought it could have been Sam.

http://violetvision78.livejournal.com/
                    *ponders updating sig*

Comment

I think that scene where Teal'c said Ammonet was sleeping was in Secrets. Maybe that's what I'm thinking of.

Although, it would be interesting (and angst filled) if Sha're had been pregnant. What if she had been chosen, and no one knew she was until after she had been implanted? Then, Ammonet would find out and terminate the pregnancy. And, later, Apophis could have taunted Daniel about it. Or, even worse, in Secrets, maybe there could have been a moment when Ammonet woke up (maybe after Shifu had been born) and she could have told Daniel that Sha're actually had been pregnant with a child of their own. Just think how much more intense the scene between Daniel and Apophis would have been in Serpent's Song, when Daniel tp;d Apophis that he knew where Apophis' child was.

But, I just like seeing Daniel going through the emotional wringer

Comment

Originally posted by Explorerwinds
                        I remember when she was sick that she attacked him and tryed to...um...then he took her to the doc. There was another time when a woman went after Jack. I think her name was Anise or something...I know I could not remember who the woman was at first and thought it could have been Sam.

yea.. that was in Bronca Divide... but i'm talking bout when no one's under any kind of influence or anything and it was of her own conviction, like that kiss scene in Window of Opportunity... Jack kissed Sam of his own conviction, because he wanted too and for no other reason (even though he knew he wouldn't have to live with the concequences.... that was just a motivator, the kiss itself was a repressed action he finally commited).... i keep on imagining theres a scene where the roles are reversed....

anyways... getting back to Daniel.... he's really buffed up these past years... remember in the S1 he was all skinny and almost femanine, and now look at him... i mean WOOF!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Explorerwinds

Yes, that scene with Anise was in "Divide & Conquer".

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
                          Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Hi! Now, I'm new to this thread so I haven't really gotten a chance to read all the responces and all. So, I have a quick question, please don't stone me for asking, but why does Daniel have a different personality each season? I guess you can say it's character growth, but really I liked him better before he turned into Jack's clone.

Comment

Well, I don't think he has become a Jack clone, but it would help if you explained what you mean exactly (what aspect of Jack?), so I can refute it better.

As far as his personality changing, well, you'll find different answers depending on what people see. But, first, I'd say it makes sense that he's changed. First of all, just living makes people change. And, he's gone through 8 extraordinary years, great losses and deaths. So, that would make it doubly hard to stay exactly the same. But, no, I don't think he's changed fundamentally.

Comment

Well, what I meant about being Jack's clone, is that he seems to have taken on his role in the team. He's become very skeptical, he flips out pretty easily, and he doesn't seem to care who he's flipping out at anymore.

I don't know, I just felt that I liked his performance best in season six when he acted like a guiding light. The guardian angel who was the voice of calm and reason. I don't get that feeling from him anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X