No announcement yet.

Teal'c/Christopher Judge Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to GW and to the Teal'c/Chris thread! Where are you in the show?

I totally agree! The first eight seasons at least are Teal'c's story. He's such a deep, multifaceted character. That's what truly drew me.

That and later the muscles. *drools*

sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Everlovin, thanks for the welcome!

He's got what I would call "Drummer Muscles". (My favourite musician/writer/person in general is Neil Peart and he's pretty ripped.) I swear to god if I ever had the chance to meet Chris Judge I'd have to restrain myself from launching myself at his.. biceps.

I am really, really early in the series. I just finished my blog summary of "Brief Candle" (so still at the beginning of the first season) and need to watch the next one on the DVD. Thus, I have to be careful where I go on this forum so I don't spoil everything for myself. It's super-exciting to be starting a new sci-fi series, though. (: And so many handsome men!

Comment

One sec. I ed at your post there. Now I must go find a fic that suits it perfectly.

A little out of character, but oh so funny! Biceptual

Brief Candle! So you really are at the beginning of all that goodness! Oh, I just might have to break out the dvds and watch early Teal'c along with you!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
          One sec. I ed at your post there. Now I must go find a fic that suits it perfectly.

A little out of character, but oh so funny! Biceptual

Brief Candle! So you really are at the beginning of all that goodness! Oh, I just might have to break out the dvds and watch early Teal'c along with you!
          Oh my gosh, I just about died laughing reading that. xD My compliments to the author! Hysterical!

Yes, I'm really that early in the series... but I loved Teal'c from the very beginning. I said in my very first blog:
          Very interested to see how the crew develops and grows. Teal'c's on my watch list!
          And now I am like completely obsessed. I told some Trekkie friends and they were like, "So you like the strong, silent type?"
          I suppose so.

Comment

Yeah, I obsess over the big guy too. For me it's not so much the strong silent type, it's the honed in fire type. And that's Teal'c to a T.

No pun intended.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
              Yeah, I obsess over the big guy too. For me it's not so much the strong silent type, it's the honed in fire type. And that's Teal'c to a T.

No pun intended.
              I like that description... "honed in the fire". That's brilliant. Almost sounds like a title.
              Ooo, the creative wheels are turning..!
              Last edited by CMWriter; 21 September 2011, 03:00 PM.

Comment

I forgot to ask! What do you write? Lots of future Teal'c fics, I'm hoping.

Also, when you quote, be sure to remove the [IMG] tags. We're trying to use slightly less bandwidth (I think that's the term) on GW.
                sigpic

Comment

Fixed. Sorry about that. Still getting used to the forum. But thanks for letting me know. (:

Ah, well, writing fan fiction is sort of a guilty pleasure for me.. But I mainly write original stuff. I like action, emotion, sci-fi, adventure, and a lot of friendships/largely platonic relationships in my stories. Occasionally I'll dabble in romance but only if I've already established it between two characters long ago. I have a multitude of characters I've created since about the age of eleven, many of them inter-connected through bloodlines or mutual friends. It gets pretty complicated!

As for exactly what I write.. lots of short stories and novellas, a large project here or there and definitely I do NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). As I get more familiar with SG-1 I'd love to start a couple fanfics. I just worry about misinterpreting the characters.. that's one of my biggest pet peeves in fanfic; out-of-character canons!

Comment

Ah, I've always wished I was a good enough writer join in with NaNoWriMo...
                    "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                    >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Ugh! I can't get the multi-quote button to work. Stupid glitchy computer.

Anyway! CMW, I'd be very interested to read what you've got so if you can link us up? *hint hint*
                      Looking forward to wonderful fics! Guilty pleasure or not.

Jae'a, I never could do the NaNoWriMo either. I just can't write long fics.
                      sigpic

Comment

Haha, well, if I can find anything I've written that I like and is relatively short I'll share. (:

Oh my God you guys, I just saw "Bloodlines". I can die a happy woman now. |D Not - not that I would just yet. Come on. I gotta get through college and this really long series... whichever ends first!

Anyways, I'm gonna watch it again when it's not super late at night and then write my blog/review about it. I can't wait to start writing. I'm going to loooove doing this one. It was just a really fantastic, hearbreaking episode!! Ya really got to feel for the guy when he breaks down emotionally in front of his old house and when he realized his son was dying, and then ultimately being willing to lay down his own life for his family. Also loved the insights into the Jaffa world, culture, etc.

Such a wonderful storyline in the forty-odd minutes allotted.

"Awww!"

Comment

Isn't Bloodlines so awesome! I love Daddy Teal'c sooooo much! Just makes the heart melt.

That so settles it. When I get back from town, I'm watching all the Teal'c episodes today!
                          sigpic

Comment

Finished my review of "Bloodlines". I did quite a bit of speculation and the like on Teal'c, so I definitely thought it would be appropriate for this thread. He is, after all, the center of this particular storyline!

I kind of hate this. So many questions answered.. and so many more brought up! Not that I want outside answers to any of them, of course. In the mystery of his character lies the allure.

Comment

I just read your blog and you're spot on with some of your predictions. So looking forward to seeing your insights and views from a first time watcher. I didn't watch them in order at first so I knew some of the spoilers before I saw some of the early stuff. It'll be interesting to see how you see it.

I need to get some tabs closed so I can open my pb and post LOTS of Teal'c/Chris pics!
                              sigpic

Comment

Snagged this off of IMDB.
                                Strangely captivating...

Love it.
                                How can anyone have deltoids that developed? Tell me, HOW!?
                                Last edited by CMWriter; 30 September 2011, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X