No announcement yet.

Ba'al /Cliff Simon Thunk,Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so any chance you'll be pointing cliff in the direction of the new fan art section??

*hopes to now see some great new art to be added to site*

Comment

Hey, we don't have to put the thread off course! I was just sharing an opinion!

Didnt mean to offend anyone!

Comment

yes, well... opinion or otherwise... i still don't get why ya posted it here...

back to baal!!

i hope if he comes back for season 9, he'll at least come to earth once or twice... i would love to see more walter and baal... the scene where they're waiting for jack is hilarious!

Comment

That really was a marvelous GW interview with Cliff! Makes me hope even more that they bring back Ba'al in Season 9.

Comment

i loved that interview! he seems like he's a really cool guy too in person, though honestly i dont think there's any person in stargate that isnt an easy going person..because i mean if you really look at the premise of the show..if you're not going in with a sense of humor and knowing that some of the things you'll say and do make you look like a whackjob, then you'll never look the part.

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
            Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
            Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

yeah, i have never once heard of a stargate actor that wan't a very cool person! and certainly cliff is NO exception!! i really wish he were going to gatecon as i'd love to meet him but alas....

Comment

Originally posted by shinyredpants
                i loved that interview! he seems like he's a really cool guy too in person, though honestly i dont think there's any person in stargate that isnt an easy going person..because i mean if you really look at the premise of the show..if you're not going in with a sense of humor and knowing that some of the things you'll say and do make you look like a whackjob, then you'll never look the part.
                Can't even begin to imagine how hard it must be for actor to "suspend disbelief" and say their insane lines ("With your insolence you’re dooming not just your world, but all of humanity." "I’m a god. Gods are all-knowing.") as if they meant them.

The closest I come to that is having to face a client and say "Why yes, your ideas are most interesting. Let me just suggest a few things that might help get your message across," with a straight face while I am REALLY thinking "What a bunch of ¢r@p! Are they out of their minds? How am I going to salvage this %G$#@ mess?"

I work in advertising so I get a lot of practice at this.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                  Can't even begin to imagine how hard it must be for actor to "suspend disbelief" and say their insane lines ("With your insolence you’re dooming not just your world, but all of humanity." "I’m a god. Gods are all-knowing.") as if they meant them.

The closest I come to that is having to face a client and say "Why yes, your ideas are most interesting. Let me just suggest a few things that might help get your message across," with a straight face while I am REALLY thinking "What a bunch of ¢r@p! Are they out of their minds? How am I going to salvage this %G$#@ mess?"

I work in advertising so I get a lot of practice at this.
                  it just shows how good of actors they are, or it shows how many hours they're on set due to retakes as no one can keep a straight face...because i mean come on...prepare to meet your doom? or i mean the scenes with ba'al and anubis when he's being all preachy...

Comment

lol... you mean the beginning of threads??! LOL.... watching it you just feel a bit sory for baal... but i can imagine it would be REALLY hard to keep a straight face on some of those anubis lines!! "the grand design!"

i know i could never do those lines, either!! lol... and acting to a WALL!!! not even gonna GO there on how bad i would be!!

Comment

hahahah did you notice when ba'al rolled his eyes after anubis' ultimate "I WILL DESTROY THE UNIVERSE" speech?

Comment

Originally posted by shinyredpants
                        hahahah did you notice when ba'al rolled his eyes after anubis' ultimate "I WILL DESTROY THE UNIVERSE" speech?
                        His little twitch of the eyebrow was a nice accompaniment, too.

Comment

lol... are you talking in reckoning or threads??? cuz yes, in reckoning part 1, baal was just HILARIOUS when anubis wasn't watching him!!

Comment

If you're anti-Ba'al then WTF are you doing posting on the Ba'al APPRECIATION thread? Do you have trouble with the concept of appreciation? It means PRO. Figure it out. You don't have to LIKE Ba'al, but if you don't, it's kinda stupid (and off topic) to post here saying you don't like him. Take it to another thread.

Comment

Ditto. Alot of people post to say something that's totally irreilvent. hmm... it appears I'm doing that now. So... in the spirit of the keeping this place on track:

Cliff mentioned something about wonderful boots. You think they really have that big on an impact. Me? I'm sorta worried that he "actually feels like a god" when he's dressed up. I think Ba'al's getting to him. Which, in retrospect, might not be such a bad thing.
                              'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

lol... nah, i don't really think it is i don't remember where i first posed this question, but when he's talking about the boots, do the boots go with ALL his costumes?? obviously we can pretty much only see them in abyss... but if he DOES wear the leather boots with everything, i do believe it's final: baal has a leather fetish

though i think we coulda guessed that anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X