Ba'al /Cliff Simon Thunk,Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Ultimate Obsession
    After reckoning 2 I am a firm believer in Baal is not really evil. He is maybe like 1/2 evil or something.
    No! Ba'al is evil, I tell you, pure evil!! It's his disarming devilish charm that is misleading you.

Comment

I'd be nice if there was more depth to his character. As opposed to being just another Goa'uld, I think the whole rouge Tok'ra idea would be a great addition to his character.
      Spoiler:
      Life isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Comment

So, speculation on what his name *might* have been before? After all, one assumes he didn't hang out among the Tok'ra with a name like Ba'al.

"Hi, my name is Ba'al, and of COURSE I'm not planning to impersonate any false gods...just because I gave myself the name of one... It hurts me in my incredibly sensitive emotional heart that you would even suggest such a thing!"

Maybe he got rejected by Anise, and it turned him to evil .

Comment

ROFL!!! well i'd be happy blaming stuff on anise

i agree it would add even MORE interesting stuff to his character if something like thiswere the case i doubt it is but for the sake of argument that it'd be LOADS of interesting fun, let's say it is!!! ('specially since it'd add lots of fun to our baal/sam shipping )

ah, his name.... lol... maybe "baal" was PART of his name... lol... like, well i dunno what, but it's possible but i suppose why he'd go name himselfafter a god AFTER that culture was already gone on earth doesn't make much sense so are we assuming he's been evil (er, partly evil ) for, um... at least 3000 years, give or take or maybe he REPLACED the real (original) goauld named baal and took over his (non-earth obviously, so timeline woulodn't matter ) territories and started calling himself "baal" because it's just SO much more awesome of a name than any of the tok'ra have

Comment

Happy Birthday Willow! Glad that Cliff brightened up your day!

PiB
            O'Neill: If I ask what, and you say it's classified, I'm going to shoot you.

Comment

Um... who's willow?

and, no, Ba'al is his entire name. He's the god of fertility in some culture. I forget which though.
              'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Tamer
                Um... who's willow?

and, no, Ba'al is his entire name. He's the god of fertility in some culture. I forget which though.
                god of fertillity huh...that brings up sooo many jokes in my head...

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
                Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
                Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

yeah, i know what you mean
                  'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Hey now, keep that in the B/S 'ship thread! Kidding, of course.

Comment

does... anyone want to tell any of those jokes?

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Tamer
                        does... anyone want to tell any of those jokes?
                        ba'al likes playing with his balls while sucking on a bottle of bawls?!

Comment

AAAAGH! [Blinds self to block out disturbing mental image.]

Comment

Originally posted by yasureubetcha
                            AAAAGH! [Blinds self to block out disturbing mental image.]
                            his croquet balls! he's juggling them! and bawls is a drink high in caffeine! all the nerdy gamers drink that stuff!

blue ribbed bottles...

Comment

Um... who's willow?

That would be me and that's a capital W at the beginning of the word

Comment

I never heard of that drink before...[Jumps in a sarcophagus until sight has returned.]

Comment

Working...
                                X