X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*sighs & drools*
    sigpic

Comment

Has anyone read the synopsis for the second SG-1 movie involving Ba'al? Does it sound to you like the movie will be Cliff's final performance, or that he may continue with the next series? Maybe I'm grasping at straws, but I'll be a very unhappy Ba'al worshipper if they do away with the character.
      Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
        Has anyone read the synopsis for the second SG-1 movie involving Ba'al? Does it sound to you like the movie will be Cliff's final performance, or that he may continue with the next series? Maybe I'm grasping at straws, but I'll be a very unhappy Ba'al worshipper if they do away with the character.
        It does sound like it could be Cliff's swan song especially since

Spoiler:
        it says they will be attending Ba'al's excution. However, with all the Ba'al clones out there, how will we ever really know for sure if he's gone?

Comment

Originally posted by Switch42 View Post

Spoiler:
          it says they will be attending Ba'al's excution. However, with all the Ba'al clones out there, how will we ever really know for sure if he's gone?
          I know, and that's what's driving me mad, is the not knowing.

<Now you get off of the keyboard, missy, before you do damage>

Comment

<Now you get off of the keyboard, missy, before you do damage>
            You're not my mother. You can't tell me what to do!!!

*ow*

Comment

Originally posted by Agent Sniper View Post
              Hello! I made some Baal icons. You can find them at my LiveJournal.
              I hope you will like it.
              cool, some are good, some are not so good....

don't go mad editing! 7, 15 and 28 are a little too much for my tastes, ones you have blantant just cropped are a little boring if lots of them look samey but most have excellent composition!

my fave is 45!
              ------------------------------------------------------

It goes like this: The fourth, the fifth. The minor fall, the major lift. The baffled king composing Hallelujah

My Art Work!

Still Seeing Breen

Comment

You're not my mother. You can't tell me what to do!!!

*ow*
                Do I have to shake my finger at you, young lady?

Comment

no I have not.

they better pop him into one of them sarcophogi thangies or else :s
                  sigpic

Comment

HELL HATH NO FURY LIKE A BA'AL THUNKER SCORNED!!!!

Comment

sigpic

Comment

So I'm looking at my lj and realizing Ba'al is surrounded by a sea of pink w/ a kitten and little flowers and his caption read "your bad boy"

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                          I was a Doctor Who fan long before I was a Stargate fan. (Stargate didn't exist when I was a kid.) One character who popped up from time to time was The Master, a renegade Time Lord. There was a Doctor Who film made in the 1990s. In that film, they executed The Master. He still managed to come back and cause trouble.

My point is that Time Lords can regenerate and System Lords have sarcophagi. And then, as Switch42 has pointed out, there are Ba'al's clones. How do we know that the Ba'al they 'do away with' is the "real" Ba'al. Even if it is, Ba'al could have set some kind of wake-up call so that one of his clones takes his place.

Linking the two series together, kind of, Cliff would make a great Master if TPTB at the BBC ever decide to bring the character back. He's got the look - both previous TV Masters (Roger Delgado, Anthony Ainsley) had a beard. (I'm not counting Eric Roberts in the film, 'cos I reckon the film was rubbish apart from Paul McGann as The Doctor.) Cliff is good at being a bad guy - evil, intelligent, with a sense of humour. On the official Doctor Who website FAQs, they say that The Doctor is the only Time Lord they know of, and they don't know what happened to The Master and other Time Lords that cropped up in the original series. For that I read that they haven't made up their minds whether to bring any of them back. If we're going to lose Cliff as Ba'al, we've got to have him back as the Master. Or something. Anything! I need a fix of Cliff on TV!

*Wanders off, mumbling to herself, twitching and shaking 'cos of withdrawal symptoms.*
                          C-D
                          Dragon by name, Cheerful by nature

Sig by *E*K*R*

Comment

I've just read the article, something I should have done before I posted. I've put the rest of this post as a spoiler, for those who haven't read the article, or don't want to.

Spoiler:

It says that SG-1 attend his execution. It doesn't say they see him being executed. We don't know at what point in the execution Teal'c and Vala disappear. Reading between the lines, Ba'al (or one of his clones) is fooling around with timelines. It's possible that Ba'al is still alive at the end of the film.

I'm sure the PTB know how popular Ba'al is. I don't think they'd drop such a popular character before they've decided which way they want the next Stargate series to go.
                            C-D
                            Dragon by name, Cheerful by nature

Sig by *E*K*R*

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
                              So I'm looking at my lj and realizing Ba'al is surrounded by a sea of pink w/ a kitten and little flowers and his caption read "your bad boy"

LOL That is so funny, Iffy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheerful Dragon View Post
                                I've just read the article, something I should have done before I posted. I've put the rest of this post as a spoiler, for those who haven't read the article, or don't want to.

Spoiler:

It says that SG-1 attend his execution. It doesn't say they see him being executed. We don't know at what point in the execution Teal'c and Vala disappear. Reading between the lines, Ba'al (or one of his clones) is fooling around with timelines. It's possible that Ba'al is still alive at the end of the film.

I'm sure the PTB know how popular Ba'al is. I don't think they'd drop such a popular character before they've decided which way they want the next Stargate series to go.
                                Well, at this very moment, I am writing a polite letter to Brad Wright and Robert Cooper at Bridge Studios requesting Ba'al to be in the next series as a regular. Anyone who wants to join me, the address is:

Mr. Brad Wright, Executive Producer
                                Mr. Robert Cooper, Executive Producer
                                STARGATE SG:1
                                c/o THE BRIDGE STUDIOS
                                2400 BOUNDARY ROAD
                                BURNABY, BC
                                V5M 3Z3

Comment

Working...
                                X