Ba'al /Cliff Simon Thunk,Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by emily_reich
    WOW someone knows their fabric and clothing design!!!
    You know, I cannot sew a straight line! However, I belong to a LOTR costume list where they examine the clothing from all those movies and describe them to each other in detail. It took me nearly two hours to go through all the screencaps to get the details. I have a wonderful dressmaker who I get photos for and describe in detail like that so I can get precise designs. She's a marvel. She's done me a LOTR elven dress and one from A Knight's Tale.

now do we actually GET one???
    I can work out the drawing. From there, if you have a dressmaker or can sew yourself, it's easy enough to work out the pattern. My dressmaker does everything in calico until the design is exactly right before she even cuts the fabric. Those screencaps will come in right handy.

Comment

Re: Ba'al's coat

O_O! Methinks, I need to go and sit down.

Do keep us updated, will ya? *loves*

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
        You know, I cannot sew a straight line! However, I belong to a LOTR costume list where they examine the clothing from all those movies and describe them to each other in detail. It took me nearly two hours to go through all the screencaps to get the details. I have a wonderful dressmaker who I get photos for and describe in detail like that so I can get precise designs. She's a marvel. She's done me a LOTR elven dress and one from A Knight's Tale.

I can work out the drawing. From there, if you have a dressmaker or can sew yourself, it's easy enough to work out the pattern. My dressmaker does everything in calico until the design is exactly right before she even cuts the fabric. Those screencaps will come in right handy.
        first off, WOW!! you have an awesome dressmaker!! mind if ask how you came about knowing this woman??

i DEFINATELY can't make something myself! i can make pillowcases that's about it! ican do the sewingpart, not anything else though! can't even cut the fabric right!

but please do show us sketches and if you get one made do show

Comment

I was invited to a wedding that had a mediaeval theme and I was hooked on LOTR so wanted something elvish that would still look like it could fit into the middle ages. I asked around work and friends for a good dressmaker who could create something without a pattern and got given a name. Simple as that! I have a long list of things for her to make. Next up is a Neo's coat from Matrix Reloaded in red velvet. Then a big flowing uneven hemmed coat in pink crushed velvet. Both these may go out the window if I find the right fabric for Ba'al's coat. I also have Eowyn's green velvet dress on the planner and it's taken three years to find the underskirt fabric, so I'm very patient! But I am pretty sure that I've seen that fabric somewhere. It's possibly curtain fabric, actually.

Comment

WOW!! awesome!! how much do these generally cost to have made (including what you pay for fabric..)???

Comment

Usually around $50-100 depend on the work in the project. She's charging more now, which is good because she's a genius! I don't mind paying lots if I get precisely what I want.

Comment

that's all??!!! wow!! it'd cost more than that to get a cheap skanky no-fabric or work done at all dress at jcpenney!! awesome! i may just look into this dressmaker thing

but i agree! if i got an amazing dress/outfit i'd pay whatever it took or i'd tip big

Comment

Oh yeah, find a good dressmaker and keep her (or him!). If there's a college near you with a fashion design course, there might be a student who could do something good for a good price.

But, back to our dearest lord... Has Reckoning II aired in the US yet?

Comment

no!! this friday!!! it's gonna be a LONG 3 days!!!!! and then a long 7 days after that for threads!!!

(and i'm in college, and that's a good thought thanks )

Comment

well, i am sure stargate has a costume department, and i am sure that something like baal's robes\clothes are not "off the rack" maybe write a nice letter, and ask about the pattern or whatever you use to make a robe thingy (i dont know much about sewing).

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

a pattern, yes

somehow i doubt they'd give you a pattern to a costume, but it'd certainly be worth a try!! i must say i also want my own version of nirrti's outfit from fair game and i want teyla's stick-fighting skirt

Comment

a thread about Baal's awesomeness, has turned into a thread about sewing, baal would be ashamed, well, maybe not, considering it's about copying his fashion style. Of course, anything discussing Baal, he would like, as long as it is positive, or at least fearing him.

Comment

Originally posted by macktheknife
                            , well, maybe not, considering it's about copying his fashion style.
                            Well, they do say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! I imagine a bit of flattery probably wouldn't go amiss. It might even make him consider not killing you over and over again as many times as he otherwise would...
                            sigpic

Comment

I might have asked this before in here, but where are people finding all the great pics of him?

Comment

nice sig. got any bigger?

Probably screencaps.

Comment

Working...
                                X