Ba'al /Cliff Simon Thunk,Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Easter Lily
    "I have become the most powerful of all the system lords... I have a thunk thread..."
    And well deserved it is, too! Too bad we don't get more converts in here. Perhaps Ba'al needs a little PR.

Comment

E Lily!! you're just captioning all over the place today love it!

and i agree... baal needs to step up the PR... can't very well be a system lord when no one is thunkin ya

Comment

Well, you do have another convert... I'm just a very quiet one. Although, earlier tonight I was extoling his citrusy virtues to a co-worker of mine....

Comment

well quiet converts are still converts

(yay!!! 1799 posts!!! 1 to go!! )

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
            And well deserved it is, too! Too bad we don't get more converts in here. Perhaps Ba'al needs a little PR.
            Well, you're the photoshop genius...
            sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Well, you're the photoshop genius...
              Well, why don't you come up with a nifty slogan for him and I'll see what I can do! It would be a fun project for me.

Comment

Shadow's slogan is pretty good...
                A slight variation would be... Evil never looked this good...

Or you could have a serious of Baal images and entitle them "My Wicked, Wicked Ways"... he does remind me a little of Errol Flynn.
                sigpic
                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

lol... "evil never looked this good" i like it i may have to go photoshopping myself

Comment

Shadow's slogan is pretty good...
                    A slight variation would be... Evil never looked this good...
                    Oh, I like that one!

I saw a funny icon once - although perhaps a wee bit racy ... "My fandom has Ba'als"

What's the thing he does with a lemon? I've missed that one...going to have to search back thru the thread. What a pain to have to look at all these pics again.
                    Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

I saw a funny icon once - although perhaps a wee bit racy ... "My fandom has Ba'als"
                      LOL!!! you should know we love racy... or kinky

all these great baal slogans

Comment

Originally posted by Merrin_Delaney
                        Done!

50 screencaps packed into a 6.69 mb rar-archive.
                        I started out paying special attention to his coat. Then I got carried away
                        But it's all good, 'cause the guy is pretty.

Here be Ba'als

*evil*
                        Evil smug elegance me*, you're in line for godhood yer ownself. Thank you, thank you!

*Can't say goodness gracious me on Ba'al's forum...

Comment

I like "Evil never looked this good" as a slogan. It has a certain smug elegance about it.

Comment

Have just realized that the fabric in Ba'al's coat is embossed...mmmmm....

Comment

And further to the fabric, which I'm pretty sure I've seen in a store somewhere...

Discoveries about Ba'al's coat:

1. There is no collar. The high neck comes from whatever he's wearing underneath. It could be a scarf or a cravat but it doesn't appear to be part of the coat itself. It's also a different fabric to the coat (some sort of shiny black fabric) and I would say that it has to be lined with some sort of stiffening to make it look like it's folding down yet still say high on his neck. From pic 48, it looks either like a shirt or a waistcoat, as it's the same shiny fabric, and is done up with some sort of silver toggle fastener. These would have to sit very flat so as to not show under that tight fit (swoonage) so it could be that the shirt/waistcoat is specifically for that coat and only has that one toggle. The shirt/waistcoat fits over the hips (quite snugly...).

2. The sleeves end in triangular leaf patterned lace and cover his knuckles. The lace comes from under the coat edge so again, it may be part of the shirt/waistcoat he's wearing underneath. It might be attached to the coat but may not.

3. The lining is white or cream (more likely as it's better for filming) with a black, grey or blue (this last is unlikely due to the coat color) stripe. It can clearly be seen in the episode when he's sitting down . The lining doesn't appear to be gathered in the same way as the coat but is pretty full so it seems that there is more lining than there is fabric at the back. This would help the coat sit out a bit. Look at the long shots to see how much fabric there is. Pic 45 shows that the lining is not sewn into the coat but flows seperately at the bottom of the coat.

4. Although there are two sets of buttons down the centre of the coat, these may not do the coat up. The buttons generally appear to be a silver or perhaps an oyster cream color but pic 40 indicates that the centre pearl shape may be a greenish colour (though this may just be the light reflecting off it). I don't see any buttonholes and there is a seam down the centre. There are also two buttons on the right side of the sleeves near the cuff (outside of his arm). It's probable that all the buttons are purely decorative. I can't tell how the coat is done up but it may be an invisible zip.

5. The front of the coat at the midriff is in a pointy u-shape, which then falls to lower-calf, just above the ankles. The u-shape seems to be fairly straight, although pic 24 may indicate that the "u" comes in slightly at the points. This might give it a little more flow when he moves (so elegantly).

6. There is no seam at the back either vertically or horizontally at the waist. That's a lot of fabric at the back there. Pic 21 shows three gathers at the back but I don't believe that there is a gather at the side seams otherwise it would sit out more. Pic 20 indicates that the fabric flows fairly well from the back gathers and the front curved u-shape which is indicated by that lovely "swing" to it when he walks. The elegance of the walk certainly helps, of course.

7. There are also no seams on the front right or left pieces of fabric. This means that each side is one piece of material.

8. Although the sleeves are straight, the cuff may be slightly flared to allow the lace to hang properly. Alternatively, the cuff may be doubled or folded back then sewn down. I don't see a braid there so if the cuff is folded back or doubled, there's no decorative braid to cover the seam if there is one. I'm guessing that it's a simple flare which would be easier for sewing. Although pic 30 indicates that there may be a cuff considered how it folds at the end, it's contradicted by pic 25 which shows a slight flare. Take your pick.

9. It may be the angle of pic 33 but from that, the front of the coat may be slightly higher, perhaps an inch or two, than the back. The coat appears to "dip" a little.

The upshot of this is that I have enough information to at least do an Illustrator representation of the coat. Give me a couple of days...

Comment

WOW someone knows their fabric and clothing design!!!

now do we actually GET one???

Comment

Working...
                                X