The Classic Daniel Jackson Clubhouse (Early seasons) Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*peeks*

Hey, Jess! I'm dropping some pics...feel free to snurch, anyone, everyone...

Comment

Originally posted by katTheBird View Post
      hehehe aaaaaw I love classic Daniel

(not that I dislike the Daniel of S9 and S10)

but there was always something about that hair and smile and mmmmm yeah all of it
      welcome to the thread, katTheBird! I feel the same way. I don't dislike S9/10 Daniel either, but I have a soft spot for the Classic Daniel.

Always wanted to run my fingers through that hair

Originally posted by MaeveBran View Post
      So to get the conversation Started what ships do y'all associate with Classic Daniel?

I ship Daniel exclusively with Sha're until her death in season 3.
      http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...iel-Share4.jpg
      Good choice of topic

As much as a S/D shipper that I am, I pretty much ship Daniel with Sha're mostly throughout the early days...I'm not a huge Daniel/Sha're shipper but I respect it and I always enjoyed their scenes. I mostly ship Sam and Daniel in fanfic, where AU situations can arise at that point in time.

I think I'm more of a friendshipper in the early days though... I think my favorite friendships involving Daniel are Jack/Daniel and Daniel/Sam... though I also enjoy Daniel/Teal'c. I liked how Daniel defended Teal'c in Cor-Ai. It showed how their friendship had grown even at this early stage.

Comment

Comment

sigpic
          Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by SazZat View Post
            *squee* I love classic Daniel...that is the Daniel that I fell in love with

I haven't got any pictures to share, but I just thought I'd stop in and join the thread.

As for ship...I didn't actually bother about shipping Daniel. I loved the friendship he had with Jack in the first 3 seasons though. There are some great moments. I'll maybe come back sometime later and discuss my fave Daniel and Jack friendship moments if that's ok? I loved Daniel singularly but the best moments for his character in those first 3 season, imo, was his interaction with the team because that brought out hte best in his character.
            Hey SazZat, thanks for joining in! It's okay if you don't have any pics - joining in the discussion is just fine! Sure, discussion of Daniel and Jack friendships is cool. I totally agree as far as Daniel's interaction with the team.

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
            Totally on board with the premise of this thread. While I'm in favour of character development as a rule I didn't like some aspects of the turn TPTB and MS took with Daniel in later seasons. Maybe it was logical that he'd become more of a hardened soldier type but I prefer the early wide-eyed naive Danny.
            I know what you mean. To each their own but I prefer early Danny too.

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
            Ahhh.....The Wonder That Is Two Classic Daniels......I adore Tin Man....one of my favourite episodes.....

Just to clarify please....I know that this is a "celebration of Classic Daniel" but..... it's not going to turn out where the "other/later" Daniel Jackson's character faults are going to be dissected too much is it?..... ....cos I like both and want to participate in this thread and enjoy it as much as I can...

Deeds xx

Yum... the best kind of multi-thunk, methinks Tin Man is one of my favorites too.

Oh, no, there will be no Daniel bashing whatsoever here - including of the "other/later" Daniels! We want to keep this a positive place so it'll be solely devoted to Early Daniel - pics, friendship and other moments, character moments, episodes, and the like.

Hope you can stick around, Deeds.

Comment

Notice how Danny was always following Jack and Sam was always following Danny? Or is it just me? Kind of a sandwich of protection, perhaps?

Comment

sigpic
                Sig made by me

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
                    Yum... the best kind of multi-thunk, methinks Tin Man is one of my favorites too.

Oh, no, there will be no Daniel bashing whatsoever here - including of the "other/later" Daniels! We want to keep this a positive place so it'll be solely devoted to Early Daniel - pics, friendship and other moments, character moments, episodes, and the like.

Hope you can stick around, Deeds.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...lsestep154.jpg

Oh I intend to Jess......I definitely intend to.....

*giggles*....It's early Jack and Daniel.....but it's dreadful in the costume dept.....

Deeds xx
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

i has no caps til i get round to capping my dvds in the summer.

but i will be lurking til then lol
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                        Oh I intend to Jess......I definitely intend to.....

*giggles*....It's early Jack and Daniel.....but it's dreadful in the costume dept.....

Deeds xx
                        I don't know about that...makes them look like they just stepped out of the shower.

Comment

Comment

D: (singing) Stuck in the gutter with you...
                            J: Not now, Daniel.

Comment

Originally posted by DrGemini2405 View Post
                              Yay! Nice idea Jess!

My absolute favourite Daniel is from season 8 (gosh, season by season action figures anyone?) what with him looking more relaxed yet still nice... but my favourite Daniel from the classic years has to be season 3 -- it's something about his hair (is it ever anything but? Well, ok, his hands, and, ahem, everything else), lol.

It was nice when he was a stronger moral voice back in the early days -- I rewatched Children of the Gods a few weeks back and Sam and Jack, or Jack at least was getting his gun ready, but Daniel just walked up to the Jaffa priests and asked 'em nicely, and got the info they needed. lol.

I think season 3 marked the end of his absolute innocence after having rollercoaster after rollercoaster during his first two years, and his acceptance that he's a permanent part of SG-1 (hence shorter hair). While he had the long hair, there was the belief that, y'know, Sha're's out there and he's looking for her... ok, before FiaD, he was still looking for her, but it was as though (perhaps in appearance only) he had an inkling that he may not get her back, and if he did, it wouldn't be the same as before.

On an O/T note, a particular scene in Chimera makes me sad (kinda wistful sad). you might recall that in the early years he had a double bed in his apartment, and you kinda guessed that it was ready for when/if he brought Sha're home again. However, in Chimera, he's got a single bed, and it's like a silent acceptance of his widowhood/single status.

: )
                              Thanks! Great to see you here, DrG

I liked season 8 Daniel too (as long as we're talking about hair, I think S7/8 was my favorite for the more recent Daniel). Season 3 Daniel was nice too, still somewhat innocent, but looking more like he was fitting in. It would've been nice to get an explanation onscreen for the shorter hair (or at least have someone notice it - like Jack's "Teal'c, what's with the hair?" from New Order Part 2). I know MS has joked it was Hathor's aliens who cut it LOL. I guess we need to look to fanfic for that.

I liked how he did that in COTG... when he just goes up to the monks/priests on Chulak, holds his hand up and goes "Hi!" You could tell how open and trusting he was back then.

That's an interesting point about Chimera. I totally overlooked the thing about the bed, that he had a double one before (I'm guessing this was in FIAD? I think that's the only time we saw it back then).

Thanks for posting the pics! The JS Daniel does seem to bear some resemblance to Claire Jackson from Gamekeeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O View Post
                                *peeks*

Hey, Jess! I'm dropping some pics...feel free to snurch, anyone, everyone...

Addy! *huggles* Thanks, feel free to drop by pics anytime!

D: Jack? Please tell me that's not the...
                                J: The Magic 8-Ball of Death. Oh, cr*p...

Comment

Working...
                                X