• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ta katjoy!
    "Are you like, a crazy person?"
    "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Oh yay! I woke up this morning to a lovely card from katjoy! She even sent me money, which I strongly encourage everyone to do. Okay, so it's a coin*, but it sounds good. The card was just what I needed after a sleepless night of crippling stomach pains.
      ... TMI; moving on.

So, anyhoot. I wanted to ask you kind people from countries I don't usually send cards to (Australia; Canada). How long until the card from Europe reaches you? Just a ballpark number, if you have an idea. Ta.

*SERIOUSLY a lovely thought! Absolutely love it. I'd emmulate her sentiment if Croatian currency was worth more than Monopoly money. As it is, I'd almost consider it an insult, sending you our coins.
      you're so cute when you're slurring your speech but they're closing the bar and they want us to leave

'What is it, Sebastian? I'm arranging matches.'

"Religion is far more of a choice than homosexuality. And the protections that we have, for religion --we protect religion-- and talk about a lifestyle choice! That is absolutely a choice. Gay people don't choose to be gay. At what age did you choose not to be gay?" (Jon Stewart, The King of Common Sense)

Comment

Originally posted by slurredspeech View Post
        Oh yay! I woke up this morning to a lovely card from katjoy! She even sent me money, which I strongly encourage everyone to do. Okay, so it's a coin*, but it sounds good. The card was just what I needed after a sleepless night of crippling stomach pains.
        ... TMI; moving on.

So, anyhoot. I wanted to ask you kind people from countries I don't usually send cards to (Australia; Canada). How long until the card from Europe reaches you? Just a ballpark number, if you have an idea. Ta.

*SERIOUSLY a lovely thought! Absolutely love it. I'd emmulate her sentiment if Croatian currency was worth more than Monopoly money. As it is, I'd almost consider it an insult, sending you our coins.
        Yes! I got mine too. Kat, you're very organised! (I've written mine, but not got round to sending them yet) The coin is a lovely touch. Send your Croatian money, it's all interesting

And I hope you're feeling better
        sigpic
        Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
        My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
          I am very proud to call myself a samandan and am very glad that i found this little paradise on GW to call home...
          Welcome Home Kat !

(((Kat)))

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Thank you all for answering my question when you first becam an Amanda Fan, don't know if I can green you all so I'll have to do it this way:

Green to all

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Some Samandans have been diligent in posting photos and others are working on con reports and the Q&A sessions but we haven't provided many details of AT4 to our fellow Samandans. Not sure what you want to know but here is a re-post from the Gabit thread. If you want to ask for any specifics of the weekend, ask away.

OK, I need another break from work so here are some of my highlights from AT$ (is that a typo or a Freudian slip? ):

-reuniting with "the Four" and with familiar faces from AT3

-meeting folks from this and other threads who I had not yet had the pleasure of meeting

-talking to strangers

-actually seeing some things in London for a change

-adopting more nieces

-being the recipient of a beautiful piece of artwork from antoa (and the little bag ) At first I thought it was a picture of me but realised it was AT because of the long hair That girl's got talent.

-watching the look on Julia's face when her book raised so much money at the auction

-(I mentioned this to you privately) the pride I felt when samcarterrules got up the nerve to ask a question (and a great question it was too). Way to go girl!

-getting the PengYn eyes again

-the bad influence of LeeFraser, dipsofjazz, amanda_tapping_fan and the others in my row in encouraging me to make AT run

-offering Thomisina 10 English pounds to run in the lobby (and then running after her to hand it over and explaining to the security guy "its OK, I'm not crazy")

-all the nubbins popping up when the 2 new nubbins went up for auction and having the perfect vantage point to see antoa dissolve further and further into tears as the price continued to climb, in the end raising 800 English pounds for charity

-Neep going pantless to raise money for charity and raising close to 200 English pounds

-using the "That's quite enough of that!" button on my adopted nieces (a lot)

-competing with Flow at the auction. I welcome the rematch at SE!

-apologising to Mick over running up the bid on the framed picture he purchased only to find he didn't mind in the least and that he generously will likely donate it back to be re-auctioned at SE. Classy gentleman.

-having a joke dedicated to me

-the joy in having two friends, who are warm and kind and very generous, win coffee with AT. Couldn't have happened to two nicer people.

-finding my long lost Mum at (go figure) the Abnormal's Ball

-getting to know some of the guys like Shirt'n'Tie (who was not wearing a tie, very confusing) and Master Bray Tack. Kudos to the guys who were severely outnumbered.

-Titta's costume. A-maz-ing!

-AT's speech crediting the fans with making S4K possible. Classy gentle woman.

-the Remembrance Day service and the opportunity to place a little cross with a poppy on the grounds of Westminster Abbey in loving gratitude to my uncles.

Despite all that I'm still a wee bit bitter but I'm sure I'll get over it by SE (or AT5 at the latest).

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Hey everyone

I've finally finished my AT4 con report. Each event I always try to capture the spirit of Gabit. I try to include everything that I remember from all of the Q&A's as well as the event as a whole, and I also try to illustrate what it means to me personally. So... it gets lengthy but hopefully it will be an enjoyable read for you.

AT4 "Reflections" Con Report

My LJ does have a naturally grey font and I know that there might be some folks here who have trouble with it, please message me if you do, because I can tweak it a bit for you.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                  Hey everyone

I've finally finished my AT4 con report. Each event I always try to capture the spirit of Gabit. I try to include everything that I remember from all of the Q&A's as well as the event as a whole, and I also try to illustrate what it means to me personally. So... it gets lengthy but hopefully it will be an enjoyable read for you.

My LJ does have a naturally grey font and I know that there might be some folks here who have trouble with it, please message me if you do, because I can tweak it a bit for you.
                  Wow, that's gotta be the best con report I've ever read. Well done PengYn, and I loved those questions asked, especially the ones regarding Robin.

Comment

thanks, EH-T and PengYn! And way to go antoa with the nubbins!

Comment

le podcast is up

http://www.syfy.com/sanctuary/podcasts.php

Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

In case any one's interested, Amanda's now at 8,020 followers.

Go Amanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                          In case any one's interested, Amanda's now at 8,020 followers.

Go Amanda.
                          I am interested
                          But how do you mean it - here on GW? Where's the statistic? I'd like to put my name there too

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
                            I am interested
                            But how do you mean it - here on GW? Where's the statistic? I'd like to put my name there too
                            I meant on twitter.

http://twitter.com/amandatapping

Comment

Oh I see.
                              I am a twitter challenged person

I was reading about Sanctuary yesterday (had no idea of this show before), and had a dream about Helen Magnum this night

So I bought a box of Magnum ice cream... gotta devore it slowly

EDIT: oh yeah... it's Magnus, of course... but the ice cream is still Magnum... a freudian slip, I guess
                              Last edited by es!; 24 November 2009, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
                                Ta katjoy!
                                no probs!

Originally posted by slurredspeech View Post
                                ... TMI; moving on.

youre very welcome... glad you liked the coin and it wouldnt be an insult to receive a croatian coin, its the gesture that counts... plus its cool to have coins from other countries...

hope you are feeling better *hugs*

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                                Yes! I got mine too. Kat, you're very organised! (I've written mine, but not got round to sending them yet) The coin is a lovely touch. Send your Croatian money, it's all interesting

And I hope you're feeling better
                                hehe, thanks i had no idea how long it would take for them all to arrive, so i figured better early then late

Originally posted by Daivy View Post
                                Welcome Home Kat !

(((Kat)))
                                thanks (daivy)

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                                Some Samandans have been diligent in posting photos and others are working on con reports and the Q&A sessions but we haven't provided many details of AT4 to our fellow Samandans. Not sure what you want to know but here is a re-post from the Gabit thread. If you want to ask for any specifics of the weekend, ask away.

OK, I need another break from work so here are some of my highlights from AT$ (is that a typo or a Freudian slip? ):

-reuniting with "the Four" and with familiar faces from AT3

-meeting folks from this and other threads who I had not yet had the pleasure of meeting

-talking to strangers

-actually seeing some things in London for a change

-adopting more nieces

-being the recipient of a beautiful piece of artwork from antoa (and the little bag ) At first I thought it was a picture of me but realised it was AT because of the long hair That girl's got talent.

-watching the look on Julia's face when her book raised so much money at the auction

-(I mentioned this to you privately) the pride I felt when samcarterrules got up the nerve to ask a question (and a great question it was too). Way to go girl!

-getting the PengYn eyes again

-the bad influence of LeeFraser, dipsofjazz, amanda_tapping_fan and the others in my row in encouraging me to make AT run

-offering Thomisina 10 English pounds to run in the lobby (and then running after her to hand it over and explaining to the security guy "its OK, I'm not crazy")

-all the nubbins popping up when the 2 new nubbins went up for auction and having the perfect vantage point to see antoa dissolve further and further into tears as the price continued to climb, in the end raising 800 English pounds for charity

-Neep going pantless to raise money for charity and raising close to 200 English pounds

-using the "That's quite enough of that!" button on my adopted nieces (a lot)

-competing with Flow at the auction. I welcome the rematch at SE!

-apologising to Mick over running up the bid on the framed picture he purchased only to find he didn't mind in the least and that he generously will likely donate it back to be re-auctioned at SE. Classy gentleman.

-having a joke dedicated to me

-the joy in having two friends, who are warm and kind and very generous, win coffee with AT. Couldn't have happened to two nicer people.

-finding my long lost Mum at (go figure) the Abnormal's Ball

-getting to know some of the guys like Shirt'n'Tie (who was not wearing a tie, very confusing) and Master Bray Tack. Kudos to the guys who were severely outnumbered.

-Titta's costume. A-maz-ing!

-AT's speech crediting the fans with making S4K possible. Classy gentle woman.

-the Remembrance Day service and the opportunity to place a little cross with a poppy on the grounds of Westminster Abbey in loving gratitude to my uncles.

Despite all that I'm still a wee bit bitter but I'm sure I'll get over it by SE (or AT5 at the latest).
                                thanks for sharing eh-t... sounds like a great time and some wonderful memories to take home with you i soooo have to get to an AT event one year!

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                                Hey everyone

thanks for posting pengyn, cant wait to sit down and read it
                                "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Working...
                                X