Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
    Hey guys

My con report is still pending. I'm so sorry for the delay but I've barely had a minute to myself this past week. I did, however, manage to catalogue almost all of my photos. So... the entire album is here but I've linked them individually too.

Q&A 1
    Q&A 2
    Q&A 3
    Q&A 4
    Closing Ceremony

General Con Madness Friday
    General Con Madness Saturday
    General Con Madness Sunday
    The Abnormal's Ball

If you do like any of the Amanda pics and want to use them for your artisitc endevors that's absolutely fine, just please credit me as the photographer and please do not repost the actual photographs on any websites without my knowledge.

For any attendees who want to snurch some of the con madness ones, please do. My camera was very trigger happy and there are some lovely shots

EEKKK more photos!

thanks for sharing pengyn, they're great
    "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

"Directed by Amanda Tapping" I like the look of that.

Bravo Amanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
        http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af171/Rocky89_04/vlcsnap-60497.png

"Directed by Amanda Tapping" I like the look of that.

Bravo Amanda.
        Mhmm. Can't wait for this ep's podcast. Should be interesting.
        you're so cute when you're slurring your speech but they're closing the bar and they want us to leave

'What is it, Sebastian? I'm arranging matches.'

"Religion is far more of a choice than homosexuality. And the protections that we have, for religion --we protect religion-- and talk about a lifestyle choice! That is absolutely a choice. Gay people don't choose to be gay. At what age did you choose not to be gay?" (Jon Stewart, The King of Common Sense)

Comment

After the wonderful weekend that was AT4 where I got to hang out with so many of you GW and Samanda regulars I solemnly swore that I would start to hang around here more often. So having said that I thought a little intro post of sorts would be in order. Some of you I already have the pleasure of knowing and hope to get to know more and the rest of you I can’t wait to get to know

Who I am: Me, (most of the time anyway) in RL I usually go by the name Sanna, which is nice you know, since that’s my name.
          What I do: Other than fangirling and spending copious amounts of time online, I’m graphic design student with focus on printed media, right now we’re learning how to make preflight profiles and fixups in Adobe Acrobate 9.0 for pdf files. Yes, it’s exactly as sexy as it sounds
          Where I am: That’s a long arduous geography lesson waiting to happen that some of the poor GABIT attendees already had too endure (including AT). But the basics are I’m from Åland, a group of islands right between Finland and Sweden, we belong to Finland but speak Swedish. And at the moment I live in Sweden. And if you want to know any more details ask Neep, she seemed to get the hang of it
          Other fun facts: I’m married (yes that’s a fun fact), I have a slight addiction towards Photoshop (been keeping it under control lately though) and I’m still trying to figure out all the ins and outs of GW (so please bear with me while I run around pushing all these shiny buttons I have at my disposal )

Comment

Originally posted by 2Shy View Post
            Where I am: That’s a long arduous geography lesson waiting to happen that some of the poor GABIT attendees already had too endure (including AT). But the basics are I’m from Åland, a group of islands right between Finland and Sweden, we belong to Finland but speak Swedish. And at the moment I live in Sweden. And if you want to know any more details ask Neep, she seemed to get the hang of it
            Hm, are you the fan who wanted to take a book into the photo session because you feared that you would have to wait long? *snicker*

I seem to remember a "Sweden" cap. Great hockey there! Sweden - Russia at this year's World Championship in Switzerand was one of the best games I have seen in a long time... which means nothing because I am used to watching cr**** German hockey.

Seriously, after 60 min and a 5:5 we (bunch of German fans) looked at each other and wondered why we waste our time with German hockey the rest of the year if you can watch great games like that!

ETA: AT rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by 2Shy View Post
              After the wonderful weekend that was AT4 where I got to hang out with so many of you GW and Samanda regulars I solemnly swore that I would start to hang around here more often. So having said that I thought a little intro post of sorts would be in order. Some of you I already have the pleasure of knowing and hope to get to know more and the rest of you I can’t wait to get to know

Who I am: Me, (most of the time anyway) in RL I usually go by the name Sanna, which is nice you know, since that’s my name.
              What I do: Other than fangirling and spending copious amounts of time online, I’m graphic design student with focus on printed media, right now we’re learning how to make preflight profiles and fixups in Adobe Acrobate 9.0 for pdf files. Yes, it’s exactly as sexy as it sounds
              Other fun facts: I’m married (yes that’s a fun fact), I have a slight addiction towards Photoshop (been keeping it under control lately though) and I’m still trying to figure out all the ins and outs of GW (so please bear with me while I run around pushing all these shiny buttons I have at my disposal )
              welcome to gw and samandan sanna great to have you aboard, you will love it hear
              "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Hey y'all! I was talking to GW Alan (not Amanda's hubby Alan) and I asked him when he first became a fan of Amanda. I said to him that I don't remember when I became a fan but, I remember seeing Amanda at an early Goosebumps episode. But of course back then (when I was about 12-13) I didn't recognise her as such and I didn't completely went "Fan boy" ish

And guess what I found on google video? I found that episode.

Now I don't want to bring anyone in trouble but, if you want to watch that episode again (and she a younger Amanda) follow the link below.

I made a direct link, if you click on it it'll play. Press the rectangular in the video window for full size. If you have any problem with it, let me now. NOTE: It was recorded with commercials in between so just skip the commercials till you see the rest of the episode.

NOTE: I just found the episode and thought It'd be nice to share it with my Samandan friends. I do not want to have problems with copyright. I also didn't upload it, I just wanted to share this with you and let Samandans see a role of Amanda they might havn't heard of.
                If you don't want to watch that's fine, if I need to delete this post just send me a PM and I'll delete it ASAP. Incase I do it'll be deleted later this day (it's almost 1 PM here and it will be deleted by 10 PM my time)
                But if your fine with it I'll don't delete this post so as I said if I need to delete it, PM me

Hope you enjoy it and I didn't do anything wrong
                Last edited by Daivy; 22 November 2009, 03:27 AM.

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

I have another idea: if you want, but don't have to shall we have a round of:

When did you became a fan of Amanda Tapping?

I'll start us off

I don't remember when I became a fan of Amanda. I remember seeing Stargate the series (SG-1) at an uncle and aunt, when I was about 14-15. I didn't knew back than the movie came back as a series. One of the first episodes I remember was the episode where Jack was getting old very fast (Brief Candle?)

And here's the most important part: when I was about 12-13 I saw her on Goosebumps: It came from beneath the sink. Of course I didn't recognise her back than so I didn't went: OMG It's Amanda!

Perhaps it was Destiny (no not the Ancient ship ) that I was gonna "see" her again :rollseyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
                    Hm, are you the fan who wanted to take a book into the photo session because you feared that you would have to wait long? *snicker*
                    Nope not me I know who you're referring too though. I was the one running around with pig tails and crazy tattoo on my back, if that helps

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                    welcome to gw and samandan sanna great to have you aboard, you will love it hear
                    Thank you, I know I will

@Daivy AT is so adorable in that episode, and I find it very fitting that Katharine Isabelle played her daughter as she ended up playing against Amanda again in Sanctuary.

I became a instant fan of Amanda when I saw Sg-1 for the first time, almost two years ago to the day. (I did a 4 week run through of all ten seasons, needles to say I was hooked )
                    Last edited by 2Shy; 22 November 2009, 03:28 AM. Reason: adding stuff

Comment

Hi,

I just thought I'd defind the Iphone as it can be expensive depending on how it is brought that's why mine's on contract but I wouldn't call it a toy...PS I don't work for apple.

I'm in the UK and had the orginial iphone on contract then upgraded to the 3g model, it's going to get cheaper as competition catches up but it's difficult to beat.

I missed the bit where it was brought due to picture quaility, there is no incomplete Iphone model I know off, you get the phone then add the apps you want,it's one of the easiest phones to use, no offence meant to anyone there, but can do as little or as much as you want, it has it's faults such as the poor battery life but is good for video, photo's and music plus works well as organizer/phone and email.

Hopefully the price of the iphone in Belguim will come down soon.

Comment

Hi, newbie here My Amanda Tapping appreciation really started when I caught the second season of Sanctuary on ITV4...from then on it has become a downward slide in to so far having watched the first three seasons of Stargate (in a couple of weeks...yeah, I'm at University, it's causing trouble with the whole work thing!) and fully intending to get to season...10, is it?!
                        Obviously I think she's awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Riftzone View Post
                          Hi,

I just thought I'd defind the Iphone as it can be expensive depending on how it is brought that's why mine's on contract but I wouldn't call it a toy...PS I don't work for apple.

I'm in the UK and had the orginial iphone on contract then upgraded to the 3g model, it's going to get cheaper as competition catches up but it's difficult to beat.

I missed the bit where it was brought due to picture quaility, there is no incomplete Iphone model I know off, you get the phone then add the apps you want,it's one of the easiest phones to use, no offence meant to anyone there, but can do as little or as much as you want, it has it's faults such as the poor battery life but is good for video, photo's and music plus works well as organizer/phone and email.

Hopefully the price of the iphone in Belguim will come down soon.
                          Well I didn't mean to say toy sorry if I did but, was saying it like a man just bought a new DVD player, a new car, whatever and people say: hubby bought a new "toy" of course it's a very handy thing. I just gave critique on the price here in Belgium. And I didn't know you buy it with everything on it and "tick off" the stuff you don't need. But I know Amanda didn't buy it cause 'everyone" has it. And I think she said it she bought it for picture quality, it's in the same interview where she said she had a new car, an Audi S4, the sportive version of the normal A4.

So who's the lucky gal / boy that got her old Volvo (the Silver one I don't know the Volvo types of car, V50, S70??? Volvo luddite here )

Comment

Originally posted by rocky89 View Post
                            http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...snap-60497.png

"directed by amanda tapping" i like the look of that.

bravo amanda.
                            Look at those pretty HANDS!

She looks great in this pic, Puzzling: what's going on, how did it happen, who did this

Comment

No worries, just tried and to explain that each IPhone is comes as standard then gets personilized. It's a shame they are still expensive in Belguim.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                                I see Evenstar beat me to posting the link.

All luddites have our guilty secrets. Mine is my DVD player on which I can play Stargate and Sanctuary (the one disc I have left )
                                I spent the last week in Devon where the man who was run off by the "Luddites" (because they were afraid his new technology would mean their jobs disappeared) moved to build a hugely successful lace factory. I had to laugh when I read the "Luddite" reference as I too am one. Although after using a GPS to find my way to all sorts of cool, very out of the way places last week, I'm sold on the technology. Watch out on the roads!!

P.S. I was only on the wrong side of the road twice

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                                It really was a good script. And well acted & directed by AT. (The rest of the cast wasn't half bad either. ) Very good episode.
                                Veritas was an Execellent episode!!! I can't imagine the amount of work AT did with all of her job titles.

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
                                I seem to remember a "Sweden" cap. Great hockey there! Sweden - Russia at this year's World Championship in Switzerand was one of the best games I have seen in a long time... which means nothing because I am used to watching cr**** German hockey.
                                Tess was wearing the "Sverige" cap I believe. Very nice girl who is trying to be a Director. Watch for her name on Swedish shows.

Comment

Working...
                                X