No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^i don't know if even RDA and AT making cameo appearances will get me to watch/(tape it as I won't be home). I just don't have much interest at this point. I guess I'll wait and see what others say.

I'm looking forward to next week and the new season of Sanctuary.

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Happy Birthday to everyone I've missed!!

I also got my Sanctuary DVDs yesterday!! I'm loving them!

*hugs thread*

Julia(samcarterrules)
      sigpic
      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

^waves back (so I won't get you germy).
        i've got some darn virus made me lose my voice. ( No, it's not from chanting "Helen! Helen!" when I watch my Sanctuary DVDs.)

Comment

yes, Gary, Rick and Amanda (harriman, jack and sam) have parts in the pilot. No idea how much cause i've been ducking spoilers, but i know they're in it
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            Happy Birthday Slurredspeech!!
            Ditto, hope you have a great day!

So who will be watching the Universe premiere? Will you only be watching it for Sam's cameo? (warning, based on the clip of it on Inner Space, I'm sure that will lead to some further hair discussion )
            I'll be watching, mostly for the show itself, though seeing Sam again is always nice. I'm intrigued enough by the premise, the filming style, and by a some of the characters to give the show a chance to grab me.

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
            Hey Everyone,

Yay!

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
            i've got some darn virus made me lose my voice. ( No, it's not from chanting "Helen! Helen!" when I watch my Sanctuary DVDs.)
            Hope you get better soon! Some Sanctuary therapy, care of Dr. Magnus, could help.

sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday Slurredspeech!!
              *Raises a glass*

Ooops that maybe a bit too much

Happy Birthday from me too
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

^i don't know if even RDA and AT making cameo appearances will get me to watch/(tape it as I won't be home). I just don't have much interest at this point. I guess I'll wait and see what others say.

I'm looking forward to next week and the new season of Sanctuary.
                i was going to watch the premier, but then got ticked (won't go into it here) and decided to just see sam's clips from some kind soul (asked on the shipper thread already) that would just put sam's scenes up for fans to view. and caps too.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Aww, shucks, you guys. Thank you for all the lovely birthday wishes. Growing older but have yet to work on growing up. Therefore, I'm happy to report I've ditched the birthday blues this year.

I'm sure with a name like that you'll be celebrating all day.
                  You know it. Though I expect to truly live up to my user name come Saturday.

And re your question about SGU. Definitely will be watching it (for the SG-1 people). I'm thinking it's a practical way to test the waters and come out a winner -- Amanda is in it so I'm thinking, even if it disappoints, it won't disappoint.

Obviously, I love me safe bets.
                  you're so cute when you're slurring your speech but they're closing the bar and they want us to leave

'What is it, Sebastian? I'm arranging matches.'

"Religion is far more of a choice than homosexuality. And the protections that we have, for religion --we protect religion-- and talk about a lifestyle choice! That is absolutely a choice. Gay people don't choose to be gay. At what age did you choose not to be gay?" (Jon Stewart, The King of Common Sense)

Comment

I don't believe you. You've chanted yourself hoarse.

I'll check out Universe. I like a few of the people on it, so I'll give it a chance. And bonus....AMANDA!
                    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                    Anon

Comment

Hey Everyone,

*hugs thread*

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      Welcome back Julia, I'm happy you have your DVD's . Btw, S1 of Sanctuary is now 93 on Amazon, it' still in the top 100 and it was #21 when it came out.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      i was going to watch the premier, but then got ticked (won't go into it here) and decided to just see sam's clips from some kind soul (asked on the shipper thread already) that would just put sam's scenes up for fans to view. and caps too.
                      Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                      I don't believe you. You've chanted yourself hoarse.

I'll check out Universe. I like a few of the people on it, so I'll give it a chance. And bonus....AMANDA!
                      I think I'll wait until the DVD's come out, or I can watch Sam's part on YT.

On more thing before I go to bed I thought I'd let y'all know I'm going to try and upload Inner Space tomorrow, sorry it's taking me longer then I thought. But I promise it's coming and so is the Inner Space special on Sanctuary. Oh and as a bonus, I'll add in the segment on SGU, Sam and Jack are in it.
                      Last edited by Rocky89; 08 October 2009, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Happy Birthday
                        Slurredspeech!!

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        there is no commentary on the Stuck dvd. I copied the original ones and it was just the movie. And i doubt Lindsay got it remastered with commentary.
                        That would have made for one very interesting and informative commentary.

Mandy...you always make me laugh!! Had to say that. I don't think I can ever read any of your posts without cracking up!

(((Samandans)))
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                          Cool, me too, I guess great minds/Amanda fans think alike . I'm glad Amanda was nice enough to go and chat with an extra . I swear, that woman leaves a light wherever she goes.

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                          It takes place just before SGU, I can't remember a lot, but I do remember him and I were going fishing, we were talking a train to get there, and we were all alone on the train and it was running through a dark forest, and the best part is, we were signing the song "This kiss" by Faith Hill.
                          good song

So who will be watching the Universe premiere? Will you only be watching it for Sam's cameo? (warning, based on the clip of it on Inner Space, I'm sure that will lead to some further hair discussion )
                          ill be watching mainly for sam (and jacks) cameos... but i will also be giving sgu a shot to see if it is any good... i am however one of those who has my doubts based on the direction they said sgu was going...

From what I've read there is a lot of waiting around in film making. I seem to remember AT saying when her husband was on set he thought it was really boring most of the time.

Sure the lead actors talk to each other--that makes sense-- but it doesn't surprise me that AT would also talk to the extras. She often compliments the "background performers" (she doesn't usually call them "extras") in her commentaries. She seems to appreciate what they can bring to the success of an overall scene.
                          thats so awesome of amanda, shes such a sweetheart

Hey Everyone,

*hugs thread*

Julia(samcarterrules)
                          welcome back and YAY to your sanctuary dvds arriving
                          Last edited by katjoy; 02 October 2009, 10:31 PM.
                          "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by Daivy View Post
                            Thank you Sky. I've done some research and went to amazon.co.uk, where I discovered Amanda made a small movie, promoting Stargate Atlantis s4, saying we could pre buy it at Amazon. And it also said PAL format.

I can play DVD's at my laptop, I had the box of s4 of Atlantis in my hands, it said PAL so I should be able to play it, and my TV is not even a year old.

BTW If you have PlayStation 2, it can also play DVD's

But on a release list of a Belgian DVD store: Sanctuary was not on it, tough Amazon England said they have the box at 12 or 19 October.
                            Daivy, your TV is a PAL TV.
                            If you ever wanted to play NTSC DVDs you would have to worry about the region code more than about NTSC.
                            DVD players are set to a certain region (yours is 2) and if you wanted to play DVDs from a different region (like a region 1 DVD from the US) you would have to *cough* "manipulate" your DVD player. The search for "region free dvd" is your friend.
                            I have done it with all of my DVD players (except my computer's player) and all I had to do was press a bunch of buttons on the remote to get to a hidden menu where I could switch from region 2 to "all regions".

Like Sky wrote, NTSC may pose a problem for *older* TV sets.

I checked amazon.de and found that the German box set of Sanctuary will be released in January. Apparently PRO7 bought Sanctuary for German TV but I don't think they have started airing episodes yet.

Comment

with dvd players

in THEORY all dvd players are made/manfactured region free. The companies them program them to the region that they will be distributed to. It's something the entertainment industry makes them do.

Like FH says, google 'region free dvd' and you'll find web pages out there that tell you exactly how to reprogram your specific player. You'll need the model number for it to look it up.

Years ago you used to have to burn some numbers onto a cd and play that to reprogram it, but anymore, it's just a matter of knowing which series of numbers to push on the remote to access the hidden menu.

For example, i reprogrammed a polariod portable dvd player i got by having to buy a remote (the little one didn't come with one) and then punching in a couple of numbers, the screen came up, i changed region 1 to region 0, and presto, it's region free

Sometimes, to make your life easier, manufacturers will use the same series of codes for all makes or models...in other words the code that's used on one model might work on another model in that series too.

It's easy, you just have to take the time to do a little research
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                Ahh, too bad. You're cheating yourself of a good two (three) hours of fun television. After all, that's what it's all about.
                                Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Working...
                                X