Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
    I'm bummed because I don't get to see Amanda but I hadn't gotten really excited about it yet because there was always a chance I couldn't go because of my next eye operation.

My logical half of the brain is insisting that the post production schedule got changed and I'm remembering how busy they all were last year and had to work straight through till New Year to get the eps finished for January.

BUT...

then the fan half of my brain kicks the logical side to the kerb and goes "Season 3!! Season 3!! "

But why so early for Season 3 I ask and fan brain replies "Well Duh! Full Season!" (but I like your idea to fit in SG1 movie idea too ).

Now the logical half of my brain is back and duking it out with the fan side, oh it will be an amusing afternoon for me

I'm just sorry that Amanda has gotten her holiday cancelled too, I hope she fits one in sometime.
    If its Season 3 why havent they said anything?
    Doesnt make sense to keep it a secret, well at least not to me lol. That sort of news excites fans and attracts new audiences.

Comment

I own all the dexter dvd's, and i need to rewatch the s3 episodes. Just haven't had time. the good thing about it is, since it's a 12 eps season, it's easy to knock out in a weekend

that show is amazing in that they take a murdering serial killer sociopath and make him sympathetic and a bit of a dark hero. it's a wonderful show

My gut feeling about the Sanctuary schedule is: it's not season three. But it's effects or the such for season two, and possibly skiffy has said 'yeah, i know we wanted to start it on date x, but we need things done for date y instead' and so they're having to move stuff forward and crunch harder to meet a new deadline. and it must be something that she HAS to be there for, or she'd simply cut her time down there to flying down, doing the con, flying back

she wouldn't cancel on a whim.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        I own all the dexter dvd's, and i need to rewatch the s3 episodes. Just haven't had time. the good thing about it is, since it's a 12 eps season, it's easy to knock out in a weekend

that show is amazing in that they take a murdering serial killer sociopath and make him sympathetic and a bit of a dark hero. it's a wonderful show

My gut feeling about the Sanctuary schedule is: it's not season three. But it's effects or the such for season two, and possibly skiffy has said 'yeah, i know we wanted to start it on date x, but we need things done for date y instead' and so they're having to move stuff forward and crunch harder to meet a new deadline. and it must be something that she HAS to be there for, or she'd simply cut her time down there to flying down, doing the con, flying back

she wouldn't cancel on a whim.
        That makes sence. Could be that Syfy wants stuff for publicity or maybe to vamp up they're website. Interective stuff like WH13 has. Things like that.

on a side note: Yes Dexter rocks!

Comment

I'm so sorry for Chelle and Space, and all those who were looking forward to seeing Amanda at Armageddon - *big hugs* to you all.

I went to London Zoo today with my mom since she's in town and look what I came across. Naturally I thought of Samanda. All hail the royal bird

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post

I went to London Zoo today with my mom since she's in town and look what I came across. Naturally I thought of Samanda. All hail the royal bird

Funny, when you say The Royal Bird...I think of something else

(glad you are having a nice visit with your mom )
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I had a little fun
              http://www.jackfic.net/emeraldcity/a...otleycrew.html

the crew of the Stargazer have another adventure. (Penguin alert)
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I had a little fun

(*there needs to be a Jacob smilie*)

Great story.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                  Not sure how much it would cost...but remember this is a Canadian awards show...from what I've seen in the past...I don't think they have a big budget
                  Yes, would have to pay for the satellite/video conference time in Canadian Tire money.

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                  I really like Flashpoint. Bite my tongue, but I think I like it better than Sanctuary. I still do really like Sanctuary though. Haven't heard of Being Erica. Does it show in the US?
                  Probably not. It airs on the CBC here and I don't recall hearing anything about it being sold to the US.

Flashpoint is great (Mandy put me on to the show) but I don't think that Amy Jo's performance is anywhere as good as Amanda's. Unfortunately IMHO Sanctuary is a genre show and will suffer accordingly at the awards especially when up against The Tudors and Flashpoint (which got a total of 19 noms).

I'll be cheering Amanda on I think she should win but...
                  First, I would comment on the fact that the nomination itself is a big deal. Stargate was largely ignored by the Geminis except for visual effects so to have Sanctuary nominated in so many categories is a major accomplishment.

However, I think there are several strikes against AT and the other nominees. One, as you say, it's a genre show and there does tend to be a bias against such shows. In addition, IMO, there is an eastern bias in the Canadian TV industry. That is, shows produced in Toronto get more attention, etc than those done in the west. I also think there is a bias toward big network shows on the CBC and CTV over shows that air on cable. I think it is slowly changing but very slowly.

Given the above I think it is a major coup for AT and Sanctuary to have done so well in the nominations.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                  Hey Chelle, bad news. Amanda has had to cancel her October trip to Melbourne and Auckland Armageddon cons because Sanctuary filming has been brought forward to Oct 5th. They have Joe Flanigan as a replacement.

We still have AT4 though... *crosses everything that will cross*

Sorry for all those who are going to Armageddon who will be missing out on meeting AT. Hugs to you all. Also sorry for AT who will be missing out on her vacation.

BTW, belated bday greetings to the lady.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I had a little fun

That was fun!

suse
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Hey. I have a question.
                      Amanda has a new movie : Dancing Trees. And I would like to see it. But I can´t find informations about it. I would like to ask , if you ( anyone ) have informations about that movie. And if there is a chance for DVD for the Czech Republic. :-)
                      Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
                      / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha.Majka View Post
                        Hey. I have a question.
                        Amanda has a new movie : Dancing Trees. And I would like to see it. But I can´t find informations about it. I would like to ask , if you ( anyone ) have informations about that movie. And if there is a chance for DVD for the Czech Republic. :-)
                        It was filmed (over a year ago). I've seen screencaps and a few scenes from it on YouTube. But did it actually ever get released anywhere? Anybody?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          It was filmed (over a year ago). I've seen screencaps and a few scenes from it on YouTube. But did it actually ever get released anywhere? Anybody?
                          Only thing I know is that it has been on Belgium TV. We asked Amanda about it while in Vancouver and she didn't know anything about it either.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm bummed for all those looking forward to seeing Amanda in Melbourne.

I'm rather hoping (and this is ONLY my thought) that the schedule might have been tightened to allow more time to prep for a S3. Especially as Sanctuary got that Emmy nom and then those 6 (count 'em *6*) Gemini noms. Might just be a hope, but...

suse
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I'm bummed because I don't get to see Amanda but I hadn't gotten really excited about it yet because there was always a chance I couldn't go because of my next eye operation.

My logical half of the brain is insisting that the post production schedule got changed and I'm remembering how busy they all were last year and had to work straight through till New Year to get the eps finished for January.

BUT...

then the fan half of my brain kicks the logical side to the kerb and goes "Season 3!! Season 3!! "

But why so early for Season 3 I ask and fan brain replies "Well Duh! Full Season!" (but I like your idea to fit in SG1 movie idea too ).

Now the logical half of my brain is back and duking it out with the fan side, oh it will be an amusing afternoon for me
                              LOL! My brain's doing a bit of the same thing.

What makes me wonder about season 3 is that in John Lenic's GW interview, he mentions that if SGU gets picked up for a second season they'll have to start production later because they can't film during the Olympics next year. Sanctuary may be similarly affected if it gets a 3rd season pick-up, but maybe they're going into production earlier rather than later.

Either way, hugs again to everyone who'll be missing out on seeing AT at the con, hopefully you'll get to see her sometime soon.

I had a little fun

Nice fic! I kinda want to watch Deadliest Catch now.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              According to imdb, it's been released in France and Hungary and should be released in Canada this year.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                                I went to London Zoo today with my mom since she's in town and look what I came across. Naturally I thought of Samanda. All hail the royal bird [/COLOR]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa154/PengYn/Misc/emu1.jpgCENTER]
                                Yes! Love it!

Last edited by jckfan55; 29 August 2009, 12:36 PM. Reason: fix image tag

Comment

Working...
                                X