Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Dipsofjazz

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    But it was so cute short. I really liked it in Beneath the Surface.
    She could even wear the super short do in S6 and look great.

<sniff> I was so hoping to be able to go. But I hope you and everyone else who's going has a great time. Samanda love to AT.

My DVD is all ordered. Now I wait impatiently for it to arrive.
    i cant remember the exact epi i thought it was too short... and it wasnt so much the back of the neck length, as the on the head length if that makes sense

ive ordered my sanctuary dvd too, bring on sept

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
    Me too, I look for what's inside the person first, inner beauty, and Amanda's inner beauty is just as pure as her outside beauty .
    ah ha, who a person is is what makes them who they are, and thats what is important to me... ive even written a poem on the subject...

yup, AT is blessed with an abundant of inner and outer beauty...
    "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Only 3? You're selling Amanda short, she's so, so, sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much more.

OMG, hee, you're so bad bad with Internet symbols.
      <3 represents a heart.

Originally posted by jckfan55
      Given that last terrible wig (it reminded me of Barbie artificial hair ) I would hope they'd go for the light brown option. I don't think Sam would dye her hair. But they could do a quick explanation.

Someone could ask about it and they could explain it by saying Sam lost a bet or she had to dye it for some alien ritual or something. A bit fan fic-y, but I could cope.
      I agree about Sam not dying her hair, but then I've come to dread the wigs they use on Stargate so. If her hair doesn't return to her natural color, just address it shortly and move on.
      Although! Talking about the EatG wig, I have to say. Compared to the wigs they've given her in the past (PoV atrocity, anyone?) that one wasn't all that bad. I was strangely proud of them for at least making it look like hair, if not natural hair. Even if those loose strands made no sense. (and make-up -- they're lucky to have a naturally beautiful woman playing the role of a USAF officer; she doesn't need obvious make-up.)

Sky, rderoch, much fun at the con!
      you're so cute when you're slurring your speech but they're closing the bar and they want us to leave

'What is it, Sebastian? I'm arranging matches.'

"Religion is far more of a choice than homosexuality. And the protections that we have, for religion --we protect religion-- and talk about a lifestyle choice! That is absolutely a choice. Gay people don't choose to be gay. At what age did you choose not to be gay?" (Jon Stewart, The King of Common Sense)

Comment

NC

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
          I'll be there.
          Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          i didn't advertise that we were going. my friend sue is taking her nephew to his first con and i'm going along to help out

it's a fast run, drove up today, back sunday

Excellent excuse to go to a con. Have fun!

I can't believe mandy is still counting the years but

Happy Birthday MandySG1!!!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by slurredspeech View Post

I agree about Sam not dying her hair, but then I've come to dread the wigs they use on Stargate so. If her hair doesn't return to her natural color, just address it shortly and move on.
            Although! Talking about the EatG wig, I have to say. Compared to the wigs they've given her in the past (PoV atrocity, anyone?) that one wasn't all that bad. I was strangely proud of them for at least making it look like hair, if not natural hair. Even if those loose strands made no sense. (and make-up -- they're lucky to have a naturally beautiful woman playing the role of a USAF officer; she doesn't need obvious make-up.)

Totally agree. I wonder if they didn't have her usual SG makeup artist for that ep. There were a couple of S9 episodes where I thought they overdid the eyeliner or something too.

I agree re: the POV hair.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
              Totally agree. I wonder if they didn't have her usual SG makeup artist for that ep. There were a couple of S9 episodes where I thought they overdid the eyeliner or something too.

I agree re: the POV hair.
              There were a couple of episodes where I thought they did too much with the lip gloss or lipstick and were trying to make her have poofy looking lips (like somebody with collagen injections), and having her wear make-up while on dusty, dirty missions, where it seemed just so waaay out of place. She was already pretty; they didn't have to pretty her up to send her on missions tramping through the woods or the desert or wherever.

Comment

i didn't advertise that we were going. my friend sue is taking her nephew to his first con and i'm going along to help out

it's a fast run, drove up today, back sunday
                Oh, now I get it , have fun and I hope your friend's nephew has fun.

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                ive ordered my sanctuary dvd too, bring on sept
                How awesome would it be if I got it signed by Amanda? Then I'd have 3 DVD's signed by my queen . Speaking of which, I made a new album on my profile page for my pics of my signed DVD's signd by Amanda .

My two SG-1 DVD's signed by the awesome Amanda Tapping

ah ha, who a person is is what makes them who they are, and thats what is important to me... ive even written a poem on the subject...

yup, AT is blessed with an abundant of inner and outer beauty...
                Agreed, Amanda is blessed in so many ways , but she's pure beauty inside and out, and not just physical beauty, I'm taking about what's inside, her true beauty comes from her heart .

<3 represents a heart.
                Oh, so I guess we've both learned something today, <3 means a heart, and Amanda is WAY, WAY, WAY more than a 3 .

I wasn't sure about her wig from PoV, but I really liked her wig from Grace of God, it look good on her . But I'm still hoping that her hair will be blonde enough in time for the 3rd movie, hopefully now that the movies have been delayed a bit, it gives her hair more time to go blonde .
                Last edited by Rocky89; 21 August 2009, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Hey guys, I'm not sure if you know but yesterday there was a HUGE thunderstorm in my town, and near my house, and of course I got it on my camera out to get a piece of the action . There was a mother of a thunderbolt or clap or whatever you call it, and it was amazing, I've never seen anything like it, I actually ran back into my house . I was so shaken, but I didn't get it on camera . In the vid you can hear me and a friend, and it's safe to say we got a little bit excited , I almost sound desperate for there to be more thunder and lightening. I wish I could have caught the HUGE one, but I'm glad I caught what I did, And the noise was wicked.

Here's the vid I took outside my house, it was originally 12 minutes, but my PB account cut it down to 4 minutes, but there's a lot of cool lightning shots and some funny commantary by me, and below are some attachment screen caps of the lightning strikes I took from the vid: Rocky's thunderstorm, August 20, 2009
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Rocky89; 21 August 2009, 09:23 AM.

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MandySG1

<3 represents a heart.

oh yeah, the PoV wig was definately atrocious

she is already beautiful, they dont need to overdo the makeup...

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    There were a couple of episodes where I thought they did too much with the lip gloss or lipstick and were trying to make her have poofy looking lips (like somebody with collagen injections), and having her wear make-up while on dusty, dirty missions, where it seemed just so waaay out of place. She was already pretty; they didn't have to pretty her up to send her on missions tramping through the woods or the desert or wherever.
                    definately... they should do sams makeup to be appropriate for the eps... and AT is naturally pretty she doesnt need fancy makeup, especially for offworld missions...

How awesome would it be if I got it signed by Amanda? Then I'd have 3 DVD's signed by my queen . Speaking of which, I made a new album on my profile page for my pics of my signed DVD's signd by Amanda .

My two SG-1 DVD's signed by the awesome Amanda Tapping

Agreed, Amanda is blessed in so many ways , but she's pure beauty inside and out, and not just physical beauty, I'm taking about what's inside, her true beauty comes from her heart .
                    that would be cool if you could get your sanctuary dvd signed as well... and the two signed movies is neat...

exactly, AT has an amazing heart and is just such an amazing person... you cant help but be drawn to her...
                    "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

HIPPIE BIRDIES MANDY!
                      Hope you have a frellin'tastic day and year!
                      *HUGS*
                      sigpic
                      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                        I read or rather saw/heard that interview too and I have to say that I am quite confused over that statement coz when season 5 started, Sam had the longer locks but they cut it several eps in for BtS...so I dunno...I get the feeling that the cliffhanger excuse is just that...an excuse. I'm sure that if Amanda really wanted to grow her hair longer they would have been able to accommodate it somehow. I just reckon that it was easier for Amanda to keep it shorter given what she had to do to portray Sam.
                        I did hear though that the Air Force adviser did advise that Sam's hair had to be short...that the longer style was not acceptable. So maybe it was a bit of both reasons.
                        One of my friends was in the military and she had long hair which she always wore up to comply with the rule to not touch one's collar. She was lucky to have the kind of hair that STAYED up--mine being baby fine and slippery would be "down" within half an hour of putting it up.

I'm trying now to catch up with this thread--I've been out of town and had eye surgery--no time for "playing" on my Mac. Hope everyone who had birthday's, or other celebrations had a good one. I'm finally back to a relatively normal life.

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                          definately... they should do sams makeup to be appropriate for the eps... and AT is naturally pretty she doesnt need fancy makeup, especially for offworld missions...
                          In the early seasons she used to wear lipstick and what not, but not so much in the later seasons. I think it was around season 3 when she started to tone down the makeup for the show. But yeah, Amanda doesn't need makeup, she has the best beauty of all, natural beauty.

that would be cool if you could get your sanctuary dvd signed as well... and the two signed movies is neat...

exactly, AT has an amazing heart and is just such an amazing person... you cant help but be drawn to her...
                          As much as I'd love for her to sign my copy of S1, I don't know how I'd get it to her, I couldn't ask another Samandan to do that again. And I agree with what you said about her heart, it's her heart that attracts more fans.

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz
                          Hey everyone.

I come in seek of some help. I'm currently writing an assignment for my Television Studies course and I'm discussing Sanctuary. I wanted to quote Amanda saying that it was about 5 years before it's time, but I have no idea where that quote is from. I remember that it's a video interview, but I don't know who it's with and where I saw it. So I was wondering if anyone here knew?

Thank you so much!
                          Emma
                          Hmm, the best I can think of right now is this interview:

Amanda Tapping interview

I think she said that in an audio interview, but I can't really remember right now. Good luck, I hoped I helped .

Comment

in s3 i think she wore brighter lipstick, but then folks started to point out that it wasn't flattering, and wasn't in regulation ( i think the wording for makeup is 'discreet and natural looking' and her red lipstick wasn't quite)

in s4 or 5 she wore some slightly oranger stuff, then finally what looked like a tinted gloss, that was incredibly flattering
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

in s3 i think she wore brighter lipstick, but then folks started to point out that it wasn't flattering, and wasn't in regulation ( i think the wording for makeup is 'discreet and natural looking' and her red lipstick wasn't quite)

in s4 or 5 she wore some slightly oranger stuff, then finally what looked like a tinted gloss, that was incredibly flattering
                              Not helped by Amanda needing the normal make-up for in front of the cameras. On the whole, they got the balance pretty well right, but I do remember the odd lipstick which made me flinch for how bright it was.
                              I 'do' lipstick, it's the only make up I bother with and I have a pewter bowl of about 25 different shades, won't leave the house without it on, even though I don't wear other make up (not through natural beauty, more though just can't be bothered!)

FF
                              sigpic

Comment

i'm allergic to the paba in most lipsticks, so i can't wear them, the other makeup just tears my eyes up so i rarely wear any, and if i do it's just some powder and lip gloss, and usually end up having to wash it off before the end of the day
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X