No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like Amanda and Sanctuary are racking up the nominations this week. The nominees for the Constellation Awards (Canadian Sci-Fi Awards) were announced today. Amanda was nominated in three different categories.

1) In the "Best Female Performance in a 2008 Science Fiction Television Episode” category for “Sanctuary” ("Requiem”)

2) In the "Best Female Performance in a 2008 Science Fiction Film, TV-Movie, or Mini-Series” category for “Stargate: Continuum”

3) And in the special award category, “Outstanding Contribution to Science Fiction Film or Television In 2008”

Sanctuary is also nominated in the “Outstanding Contribution to Science Fiction Film or Television In 2008” and the Best Sci-Fi Series categories.

There are also many other nominations for both Sanctuary and Stargate:Continuum, including a Best Male Performance nods for Robin Dunne for Sanctuary and RDA for Continuum.

http://www.hardcorenerdity.com/profi...ogPost%3A45350

Constellation Awards

Congratulations to the nominees!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
      Re: discussions of Sam and her motorcycle--
      In one commentary or interview, they talked about the idea that Sam was shown working on her bike in The Curse(?) because iirc AT objected to it being Sam working in her garden. She didn't think it was in character. So my question is, if they didn't pick the bike what else do you think would have been a good hobby for Sam to have?
      If not the motorcycle, I can see Sam building her own computers or model airplanes, or maybe some astronomy.

Originally posted by Melora View Post
      It looks like Amanda and Sanctuary are racking up the nominations this week. The nominees for the Constellation Awards (Canadian Sci-Fi Awards) were announced today. Amanda was nominated in three different categories.

1) In the "Best Female Performance in a 2008 Science Fiction Television Episode” category for “Sanctuary” ("Requiem”)

2) In the "Best Female Performance in a 2008 Science Fiction Film, TV-Movie, or Mini-Series” category for “Stargate: Continuum”

3) And in the special award category, “Outstanding Contribution to Science Fiction Film or Television In 2008”

Sanctuary is also nominated in the “Outstanding Contribution to Science Fiction Film or Television In 2008” and the Best Sci-Fi Series categories.

There are also many other nominations for both Sanctuary and Stargate:Continuum, including a Best Male Performance nods for Robin Dunne for Sanctuary and RDA for Continuum.

Constellation Awards

Thanks for the news! I think it's pretty cool both AT and Sanctuary as a series got nominated in the Outstanding Contribution category.

sigpic

Comment

I'm very pleased Sanctuary got so many nominations. Not bad for a 13 ep first season.

And Continuum too. And SGA.

Imo some of the nominations to be a bit spurious, but what do I know?

suse
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Off topic nursing and women in the Air Force

Spoiler:
          Today I was giving a bed bath to one of the residents at my clinical placement. I was told that she wouldn't understand me so to just keep reassuring her. She was very self conscious, so I asked her about the medals on her nightstand. She completely forgot about trying to pull the blanket back up and said "I was in the Air Force! I loved my years in the Air Force." She continued chatting about it for a little while, before she got confused and started asking about her cat again. But I connected We had a real conversation, even if she doesn't remember it tomorrow.

In my lunch break I checked her file- she was a driver in the NZ Air Force 1940-44.
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Constellation Awards

Huge congrats to everyone on Sanctuary, SG: Continuum and SGA but especially to Amanda!! Its nice to see her getting noticed more! I wish all the nominees luck!
            Originally posted by NZNeep View Post

Spoiler:
            Today I was giving a bed bath to one of the residents at my clinical placement. I was told that she wouldn't understand me so to just keep reassuring her. She was very self conscious, so I asked her about the medals on her nightstand. She completely forgot about trying to pull the blanket back up and said "I was in the Air Force! I loved my years in the Air Force." She continued chatting about it for a little while, before she got confused and started asking about her cat again. But I connected We had a real conversation, even if she doesn't remember it tomorrow.

In my lunch break I checked her file- she was a driver in the NZ Air Force 1940-44.
            Aww Neep that's great, I love hearing stuff like that, and at least the lady was happy while she was telling you.

Julia(samcarterrules)
            sigpic
            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Constellation Awards

RDA was in Continuum??? I must have blinked and missed him

Comment

Oh wow...that's just awesome stuff...thanks Melora!!
                I'm not surprised that Amanda has been nominated for more awards...in my humble opinion, she more than deserves them. I hope this is a start of many more to come!!
                Spoiler:
                That's really sweet Neep! You know she may not remember you tomorrow but she might remember you the day after or next week...or when you least expect it. Happens to me every day. One thing I love about the residents is that to them everyday is new...like they never had yesterday and they repeat the same old stories all the time like they had never told anyone before...and I love pretending that it's the first time I've heard it...or believe the story that I've just been told by this lovely quiet lady who just stole another residents trolley, has just bought it for herself so that now she has two to push around.
                I can't wait to start my nursing course...especially after the crappy day I had today.
                But I'm off for 2 days...camping in the bush!! Yay!!!!
                Then it's back home on Friday night to go to work this weekend...leaving the hubby and kids behind in the bush...only they don't know it yet but I plan on surprising them on Saturday night by trekking back after work and spending the night with them so I can be there on Easter morning...only to leave by 9 am to go back to work...it's a 2 hour drive!!! Oi!! I must be nuts!!!

So just in case I miss the chance to say this...
                Happy Easter everyone!!!

(((Samandans)))
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                  If not the motorcycle, I can see Sam building her own computers or model airplanes, or maybe some astronomy.

Thanks for the news! I think it's pretty cool both AT and Sanctuary as a series got nominated in the Outstanding Contribution category.
                  maybe she built rockets for her Matt Mason doll when she was a kid.
                  Can't you just see her building rockets & model planes? Maybe she made Barbie into an astronaut too. I used to drive Barbie around in "cars" (which were just shoe boxes)--I bet Sam made real ones.

Great to see the noms for AT & Sanctuary. Requiem really highlighted her talent. She had both "crazy" moments (always popular at award time ) but also really great subtle moments (which she does so well.)

Comment

Even though I can't actually stay and play lol. I head out to the airport in about 15 minutes and fly home later this evening. So there are definitely a lot of con pictures that should filter in over the weekend when I'm a little more rested and a teeny bit sane.

Until then! *hugs to all*
                    sigpic

Comment

Hey y'all can I ask a favor?

During the easter weekend we planned a small 3-4 day vacation. And since I possibly don't have internet there I'll possibly miss all the reports from what Amanda said at the con and at the special sanctuary behind the scenes tour.

Incase the reports and news, pictures aren't online by friday afternoon, can somebody collect them and send them to me in a PM or e-mail. (Normally you should see my e-mail adresses when you click on the MSN, Yahoo Messenger icon somewhere on your right.

I prefer a PM incase the reports come out during the weekend. I'll try to book lil' ferrits site / LJ now, but it's rather late and, tomorrow I probably forgot that I wanted to bookmark her site.

It's a just in case eh sceranio / favor hope nobody minds that.

We'll see how it'll play out by friday.

I just want to avoid reading trough well pages of new posts (which in some peoples opnion can limit the joy of wanting to read it cause of the amound) I can luckily cope now. I know I should be here more.

I'll try do drop a message before I leave friday afternoon OK?

Thanx

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post

Even though I can't actually stay and play lol. I head out to the airport in about 15 minutes and fly home later this evening. So there are definitely a lot of con pictures that should filter in over the weekend when I'm a little more rested and a teeny bit sane.

Until then! *hugs to all*
                        One out of two ain't bad....

Safe trip!

suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

PengYn? sane?

Comment

I dropped the pengYn off at the airport shuttle about 3 1/2 hours ago. *sniff* Just got a text from her. Her flight got changed and she's now on a direct flight home, though she is leaving about 1 hour 15 minutes later, she will be getting home about 2 hours earlier.

I miss all my travel buddies!

We said goodbye to EH-T on Monday after the con and then bye to SJSL this morning after breakfast (she's still here touring Vancouver with her hubby).

I am all alone now. I don't fly out until noon tomorrow (though I will have to catch my shuttle at about 9:30am).

It has been such a wonderful trip and I am so fortunate to have been able to share it with such a wonderful group of Samandans. I can't wait until AT4!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                              maybe she built rockets for her Matt Mason doll when she was a kid.
                              Can't you just see her building rockets & model planes? Maybe she made Barbie into an astronaut too. I used to drive Barbie around in "cars" (which were just shoe boxes)--I bet Sam made real ones.
                              Heh, I kinda did that in middle school. We were making model rockets in Science Club (once a geek always a geek ) and my friends and I built one with a compartment that we put one of those Treasure Troll dolls in. It took 3 B engines to get it off the ground but it launched and had pretty decent hang time.

Of course, Sam would probably make sure to design a parachute for Barbie so she wouldn't crash down to earth with her hair on fire.

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Very cool

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                                Heh, I kinda did that in middle school. We were making model rockets in Science Club (once a geek always a geek ) and my friends and I built one with a compartment that we put one of those Treasure Troll dolls in. It took 3 B engines to get it off the ground but it launched and had pretty decent hang time.

Of course, Sam would probably make sure to design a parachute for Barbie so she wouldn't crash down to earth with her hair on fire.
                                Ahh...we launched many a toy into the sky with rockets when we were children....or threw them out of the loft windows, off cliffs or out of trees with 'parachutes'

I'm amazed my Action Man lasted as long as it did.
                                sigpic
                                Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                                My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Working...
                                X