Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    she does....but she also really, really wanted to be on the team, knew she was only there cause hammond said she had to be there and, not only wanted to prove herself, also didn't want to tick her boss off to the point that he got rid of her

The male ego is a fragile thing, and when you're in a male dominated atmosphere like the armed forces, as a female, you learn to manipulate and work with it instead of against it

in early season one, sam didn't know jack. didn't know if he was fair or reasonable, so would she err on the side of caution?
    Well in both COTG and Emancipation, Sam didn't seem to shy away from showing or talking about her skills, mentioning the flight hours she logged and her level of hand to hand training.

But I think she quickly mellowed out in that respect, so I'm inclined to think, if the situation arose, Sam would just calmly match Jack shot for shot and not make a big deal out of just showing her competence.

sigpic

Comment

Hi y'all, just bringing some more new AT pics that Majorsam and parsifal dropped off at the Sam/AT pic thread again -

Last edited by Rocky89; 25 March 2009, 06:11 PM.

Comment

that would be a conundrum

imagine season one sam...full of hero worship of a sort for colonel o'neill, and it's shooting range time....does she try to out do him? or does she carefully make sure that she scores juuuussstttt under him, proving that she's just as good as him without risking the potentially fragile male ego by having a girl beat him?
        I think she'd try to beat him, heck she tried to armwrestle him

Comment

Has everybody seen this? The Sanctuary blog is back!

http://www.sanctuaryforall.com/index...Join_ID=263663
          "Many a good hanging prevents a bad marriage," William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night

Comment

Originally posted by wibbling View Post
            Has everybody seen this? The Sanctuary blog is back!

http://www.sanctuaryforall.com/index...Join_ID=263663
            Yeah I saw that, cool, eh?

Comment

NC

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                Hi Everyone,

Welcome to Samanda! your so right about both Sam and Amanda too.

OK guys I got a question for everyone, I know its probably been asked before, I just thought it might be fun. So here's goes:

Out of the 11 seasons we watched Amanda play Sam which ep/eps made you became a Sam fan?

I'll come back with my answer later.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                It was Day 1 for me. Watching Children of the Gods. Her entrance, the way she stood up for herself, her strength and professionalism but showing she wasn't cold by her humour and indeed holding back on laughter at one of Jack's jokes showed a multi-layered individual who took...and indeed continues to take my breath away.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                  It was Day 1 for me. Watching Children of the Gods. Her entrance, the way she stood up for herself, her strength and professionalism but showing she wasn't cold by her humour and indeed holding back on laughter at one of Jack's jokes showed a multi-layered individual who took...and indeed continues to take my breath away.
                  Good answer . When my Stargate marathon started, I paid CLOSE attention to that scene, mostly because it was Carter's first scene on Stargate . And also because of all those reasons you mentioned, in that one scene, IMO, she shows strength, professionalism, confidence with wit and humour .

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                    yes there are several times early on where you see that she's amused by Jack. Though there are times when even such a big Jackfan as me is with Daniel in Crystal Skull "Jack, don't be an ass." Sam is often amused but sometimes merely tolerant of him, I think.

speaking of fanon: We get a lot of Jack hanging around Sam's lab in fanfic and Sam telling him not to touch things. How much is that is really in episodes?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                      yes there are several times early on where you see that she's amused by Jack. Though there are times when even such a big Jackfan as me is with Daniel in Crystal Skull "Jack, don't be an ass." Sam is often amused but sometimes merely tolerant of him, I think.

speaking of fanon: We get a lot of Jack hanging around Sam's lab in fanfic and Sam telling him not to touch things. How much is that is really in episodes?
                      I can remember a few episodes (not all that many, though) where he's been in the lab- although usually for an actual reason- the 'mind of a child' scene where Daniel and Sam are talking and he's peering through a magnifier sticks in my mind in particular Scenes where she's told him not to touch anything? I'm coming up blank. Could be fanon I might just have to look up the person on LJ who does fanon vs. canon stuff to see if she's looked at that *toddles off*

EDIT: Yep, she has...kinda. Fanon all the way, apparently

http://sg-fignewton.livejournal.com/93961.html#cutid1
                      Last edited by resurgamlaura; 25 March 2009, 06:01 AM. Reason: Providing linkage
                      sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Happy Birthday ScifiGirl!!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Speaking of Children of the Gods. I had to laugh when I saw this: http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/03/25...or-matt-mason/

Think Sam will be going to the movie?
                          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                          Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                            Speaking of Children of the Gods. I had to laugh when I saw this: http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/03/25...or-matt-mason/

Think Sam will be going to the movie?
                            How could she resist?

I think I see a plot bunny hopping by. Quick, somebody catch it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I've shopping today I got some new clothes and a 'doohicky' (new mobile/cell) I love it and am eager to look at it, its charging right now. So here's a question: Do you think these kind of 'normal doohicky's' still bring out Sam's eager excitement to figure out how to use it or has she seen to many alien technologies now to let it excite her?

hiding behind spoiler tags since it's blatant off topic begging

Spoiler:
                              wanna help me make the top 21?

Remember the cover contest for the blue ray? well they had a few issues so the entry and vote deadline is now march 27th. anyone feel like giving me a hand to hit the top 21?

http://sgafanschoice.com/?submissionId=220

the link probably won't come up right, there is no direct way to link and i've tried the 'e-mail a friend to vote' link but it doesn't seem to generate the e-mails. I have 10 covers that i came up with, but only one that stands a chance of having enough points, and it's on page 3, Skydiver Nine

If you like it and you'd like to vote, I'd be very thankful.

If you like others better, that's fine too. The realist in me knows that there's not much of a chance, but it's fun to play with.

Thank you kindly
                              It worked for me too, very nice Sky! Voted for you.
                              Originally posted by Rocky89
                              Respectfully snipped for space...
                              OT- Hey everyone, big news, for me that is .

Tomorrow I got an interview at my town's hospital, I'm going to try and get a co-op placement there .
                              You'll do great!!
                              Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                              Thanks for all the advice, guys! You're all awesome. Right now it's 6.30am and I'm off to my very first day at clinical placement. They are letting this baby nurse at real patients. Byeee!
                              Hope placement goes/went well Neep, good luck with your teeth too! *hugs*
                              Originally posted by Rocky89
                              Respectfully snipped for space...
                              Anyway, as for the interview, I nailed it, I want in there, nervous, but I knew I had to do it. All I got to do now, is get some paper work filled out by a doctor and I'm ready to go. Thanks everyone for the green and good wishes *high fives Samanda*
                              See told ya you'd do great! Well done!!
                              that would be a conundrum

imagine season one sam...full of hero worship of a sort for colonel o'neill, and it's shooting range time....does she try to out do him? or does she carefully make sure that she scores juuuussstttt under him, proving that she's just as good as him without risking the potentially fragile male ego by having a girl beat him?
                              she does....but she also really, really wanted to be on the team, knew she was only there cause hammond said she had to be there and, not only wanted to prove herself, also didn't want to tick her boss off to the point that he got rid of her

The male ego is a fragile thing, and when you're in a male dominated atmosphere like the armed forces, as a female, you learn to manipulate and work with it instead of against it

in early season one, sam didn't know jack. didn't know if he was fair or reasonable, so would she err on the side of caution?
                              I agree with you Sky, I think Sam would be quite cautious about up-staging (< not sure if I'm using that in the right context) her new C.O.
                              Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post
                              Happy Birthday from me too!!

EDIT: rderoch love the link hehe and of course Sam will watch, Jack will even go buy her the DVD to remind her of the day they met.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

i think sam likes a new toy just like anyone.

and, even if she ended up doing her best on the rifle range, i can see her at least thinking about what to do and internally debating to miss or not to miss
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X