No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Campers, c'est moi, c'est moi! Oh, how I miss Sam Carter! And I think this post rolls me over to a 3500 so it's only fitting to stop by and wish everyone well.

I guess a lot of us are playing in different sandboxes now that Sanctuary is on a roll. Exciting times for Amanda and her crew. How wonderful for her. Yet, a part of me will always miss Sam.

Take care everyone and see you around the galaxy!

Peace, CG

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
      I'm no english major.
      Oh, but Falcon you are! You're way too modest!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
        Carter Withdrawal

You know you miss Sam Carter and Stargate SG-1 when …

(((CG))) good to see you back!!!

*LOL, I won't say how many I checked off*
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Hi Campers, c'est moi, c'est moi! Oh, how I miss Sam Carter! And I think this post rolls me over to a 3500 so it's only fitting to stop by and wish everyone well.

I guess a lot of us are playing in different sandboxes now that Sanctuary is on a roll. Exciting times for Amanda and her crew. How wonderful for her. Yet, a part of me will always miss Sam.

Peace, CG
          i miss sam too!!

having her on atlantis was a gift, and extention of the adventures of sam carter. without her, the real end had come.

BUT, we still have 'enemy at the gate' to look forward too, and more sg1 movies!!

sally

sigpic

Comment

guys, if you quote pics/graphics and dont snip the img tags, i'm gonna delete your posts
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
              *waves hi*

So are you two going to see Amanda in Auckland next year?
              I was planning to be in England already... but oh yes. I will be there.
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Hi guys, this is it, my BIG 1000th post. I want to thank all you guys for being great friends, giving me a happy and fun place to come to everyday and being good friends. This a good, a place of fun, a place of joy, a place of friends, this is a home away from home, and most of all, a place where we can all come together from around the world, not as individuals, but as fans, fans of a VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY special woman-- Amanda Tapping.

As I promised for my big 1000th, I've got a really special treat for y'all. It's a very special tribute vid I made on YT about Amanda, I just posted it now. I got the idea of it after I heard they made a vid of her at AT3 about her life and career, so I thought I'd do the same. First let me explain the vid, it's 9 minutes and 42 seconds long and the song I choose is called "Melodies of Life" by Emiko Shiratori. I love this song, it was always my first choice to use, and it fits beautifully with Amanda and the pics I choose. And those pics start off early in her career, and in her life, and they lead up to the person she is today, both in her personal life, and in her career, so it's like that vid from AT3. I also made this because for the first time, instead of writing and telling about how much I LOVE Amanda, I wanted to try and show you guys visually, I wanted to put my feelings for her on screen and into a YT vid.

Speaking of which, I'd very, very much like to give credit, and a HUGE thank you to Kate, Sally, Sky, Chelle, dipsofjazz, JanSam, jasmina, Jenni, Jumper_One, LilFerret, MajorSamFan, morjana, OneillTwo"LL"s, and Parsifal for all their help in helping me to make this awesome vid and for helping me with the pics. So let's lets her it of them, woo hoo. I'd also like to think GW, MGM and AT's website, that's where the pics are from, but I found most of them here on GW and the Sam/AT thunk thread. BIG DISCLAIMER: None of these pics are mine, and/or none were taken by me, the credit for the pics in the vid should go to the users I mentioned and for those users I forget, contact me and I'll credit you!

Now, my fellow Samandans, my first BIG Youtube tribute to-
                The Amazing, Beautiful, Caring, Funny, Lovely, Talented, Smart. The one and only:
                (((Amanda Tapping)))
                (This is the link ^)

Last edited by Rocky89; 22 October 2008, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                  Now, my fellow Samandans, my first BIG Youtube tribute to-
                  The Amazing, Beautiful, Caring, Funny, Lovely, Talented, Smart. The one and only:
                  *standing ovation*

My. Frakking. Hero.

I just wish I knew what you were doing, since I have all pics from Tampa out on the net.

*more clapping*

EDIT - NOOOOOOOO! I can't green you.

Comment

wow, rocky!!

sally

sigpic

Comment

I've never seen any of those candid pictures before, where did they come from? The pictures of her at comic con were the best, just wow.
                      Awesome tribute btw, the music is "awww"

Comment

Carter Withdrawal

*ticks down the list and keeps total to herself* you made me lol over my porridge thank you I do miss Sam *sigh*

Congratulations Rocky! Woo! *tucks video away for later when she's not going to wake sleeping people up.*

And what a 1000 posts it has been *g*
                        Last edited by Tittamiire; 23 October 2008, 03:16 AM.
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                        My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Congrats Rocky!!!!!!!!!!! *saves the vid for later*

CG!!! Good to see you again

And I see Dona lurking Yay!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Carter Withdrawal

You find all your boxed sets of DVDs and begin watching Season One, sighing at the promise of youth …

You begin re-reading Carter fic that you’ve read a hundred times before …

You start humming the Stargate theme in elevators …

You coordinate your new wardrobe around the colors of Sam’s BDUs …

You buy books on quantum physics and pretend to understand what you’re reading …

You add blue cleaning tablets to your toilet bowl and say “Chevron Seven Locked” before flushing …

You make it to the Seasons Four and Five DVDs, sighing at the promise of Sam and Jack …

You find yourself saying, “Sir”, to your boss …

You look for the familiar profile of a cute blonde behind the wheel of a silver Volvo or a biker’s helmet …

You start talking to your plants and buying blue jello …

You watch Season Seven and sigh, “What was she thinking?!” …

Someone sings “Amazing Grace” and you imagine a little girl with flowing curls and sparkling eyes …

You see an Erector Set and think of RepliCarter …

You watch Season Eight and take up fishing …

You refuse to watch Season Nine and fast forward to Season Ten, sighing at the beauty of maturity …

You let your hair grow longer …

You become a fan of Stargate Atlantis, just because …

You have flashbacks when watching Sanctuary … Helen Magnus looks so familiar …

You prefer combat boots to stilettos …

You love penguins yet know that polar bears are a threatened species and Carter would take that seriously …

You look for ghouls with glowing eyes at Halloween and give them more candy …

You watch a new TV comedy, Samantha Who?, but that blonde is just not Carter …

You watch Moebius and know that AU Carter could have had her own TV comedy …

You make a mean soufflé …

You look through all your Carter pictures and Con memorabilia and you sigh, just sigh …

You have a strange dream … Sam Carter is transported back in time to Victorian England where she meets a mysterious young doctor who takes her on the wildest adventure of her life …

You wonder if Jack O'Neill and Jack the Ripper will ever meet ...

You begin thinking of writing some parallel universe fanfic …

More than a few of these apply to me...

I am enjoying Sanctuary very much--I am very impressed with the "artwork" and I love Helen's accent. What an imaginative story!!!

donamac

(very glad to find the forum moving faster again at last. I had been avoiding frustration lately and there was almost nothing more frustrating than waiting for 2 and 3 minutes for a screen to come up.) Thanks to whoever is responsible!!!

Comment

Peace, CG
                              I miss Sam too. A while ago I discovered a series by sbz--The Way series and I've really enjoyed it--it is sad and a lot of whumping of poor Sam--very Sam-centric AU. Really an epic.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/958485/sbz

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
                                I miss Sam too. A while ago I discovered a series by sbz--The Way series and I've really enjoyed it--it is sad and a lot of whumping of poor Sam--very Sam-centric AU. Really an epic.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/958485/sbz
                                I agree, that fic does an excellent job for soothing my missing Sam sadness...I look forward to the updates
                                sigpic
                                Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                                My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Working...
                                X