No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friend Rocky89 very kindly sent me this link to an interview with Amanda where she talks about Sanctuary (http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=60912)

But this part which I've quoted below got me *really* excited because it's something I hoped would happen now Amanda's made Sam a main character in both Stargate SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis:

Tapping will also reprise the role of Carter in an upcoming straight-do-DVD Atlantis movie, she said.

"I know nothing about it," Tapping said. "I can honestly tell you that. I was asked if I could make myself available, and I said of, 'Of course I would.' Stargate is home. I may be off at university right now getting my Ph.D. in craziness, but I will always go home for Thanksgiving dinner at Stargate."

That's great that Amanda's going to be in the Stargate: Atlantis movie! Whatever Sam's new command role is must facilitate her being able to move around to be able feature in both a Stargate SG-1 *and* Stargate: Atlantis movie! It's too awesome for words! Yay Amanda! God bless ya!

If anyone wants to do any greening for this then may I please recommend sending it to Rocky89. He's the one who provided the news so he's the one that deserves the green.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I watched the interview a couple of days ago here, and I got the impression she was talking about the SG1 movie. I thought she said she knew nothing about when the SG1 movie would be filmed, but rumor was it would be late spring, early summer, around the same time as the SGA movie.

But, I don't feel like checking that again. So if anyone remembers something else?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
        My friend Rocky89 very kindly sent me this link to an interview with Amanda where she talks about Sanctuary (http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=60912)

But this part which I've quoted below got me *really* excited because it's something I hoped would happen now Amanda's made Sam a main character in both Stargate SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis:

Tapping will also reprise the role of Carter in an upcoming straight-do-DVD Atlantis movie, she said.

"I know nothing about it," Tapping said. "I can honestly tell you that. I was asked if I could make myself available, and I said of, 'Of course I would.' Stargate is home. I may be off at university right now getting my Ph.D. in craziness, but I will always go home for Thanksgiving dinner at Stargate."
        That's great that Amanda's going to be in the Stargate: Atlantis movie! Whatever Sam's new command role is must facilitate her being able to move around to be able feature in both a Stargate SG-1 *and* Stargate: Atlantis movie! It's too awesome for words! Yay Amanda! God bless ya!

If anyone wants to do any greening for this then may I please recommend sending it to Rocky89. He's the one who provided the news so he's the one that deserves the green.
        Thank you, but I can't, my no means accept all the credit, morjana was the one who provided it in the first place, so all the credit and green should go to her . I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FREAKING HAPPY to hear she'll be in the Atlantis movie for 2 reasons:

1. Like you've been hoping, it'll give her a good chance of being a big part of the SGA movie, it'll get her back with the SGA team, so she can finish her job as BC the right way, and it'll be sorta like a comeback (not that she needs one ) as the REAL leader of Atlantis.

2. And unless some other SG-1 actors make crossovers to the SGA movies, and vice-versa, Amanda will have the most SG movies under her belt . If that's the case, I hope the SG-1 movie comes first . Either way, I'm so happy and glad she'll be in the SGA movie, and that we know without a shadow of a doubt that she will make herself available.

Comment

OK, I listened to the interview again (such a hard job) and she's definitely talking about the SG1 movie (she says: you mean the 3th one??). So, I really don't think there are any plans yet to have Carter in the SGA movie. Oh, and I'm sure this is the same interview that is quoted, cause all the other phrases used are exactly the same, also the picture with it is from that interview. So, the person who transcripted it, got confused. Imo.

Sorry Rocky.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
            OK, I listened to the interview again (such a hard job) and she's definitely talking about the SG1 movie (she says: you mean the 3th one??). So, I really don't think there are any plans yet to have Carter in the SGA movie. Oh, and I'm sure this is the same interview that is quoted, cause all the other phrases used are exactly the same, also the picture with it is from that interview. So, the person who transcripted it, got confused. Imo.

Sorry Rocky.
            No, no, I'm talking about this one - SciFi Wire

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
              No, no, I'm talking about this one - SciFi Wire
              I know, but imo that one is a transcript of this interview, and it's wrong.
              sigpic

Comment

*Does some thinking*

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  how is all of this supposed to settle if it keeps being brought up?

there was NO *proof* that this rumor was, indeed, just a rumor.

this all comes down to not someone(s) trying to calm others down (which was a sound idea), but HOW it was done.

not what was said, but how.

i haven't forgotten how scared i was when i read that rumor. that's all that should have mattered, the thought that something might have been wrong with amanda. that's all that mattered. it should have brought us together, not a battle.

not what was said, but how.
                  Thank You. Yeah I happen to agree with Sal. This is something that no matter weither it was true or not, it should have brought us together not pulled us apart.
                  Personally I dont think there was "Panic" as per say, I think panic is too strong a word, there was a lot of concern shown at once by different people. I know when I read the "thing" my heart and gut just dropped, cause I'm actually a big worry wort, I worry bout that type of thing happening all the time, I know I souldnt but I cant help it, and its gotten worse ever since Don's Passing. I think its natural to worry about someone when you hear something about them, weither it comes from a creible source or not. I just think that we needed to be more gentle with peoples feelings then shutting them down instantly. but thats my two cents anyway....

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                  Personally I love pond water jelly...it can be made with blue jello or green jello or a greeny blue jelly. It's a layer of chocolate jelly (made with chocolate milk and gelatin) a layer of gummy worms then the blue/green coloured jelly and top it off with angelica pond weed and jelly frogs and it looks like, well, a pond!

you're so incredibly subtle in your approach as always Neep
                  SUBTLE!!! EILEEN!!! Does she even understand the word Subtle????
                  sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Well it worked last time.
                    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Yep, you're right about that. Amanda was talking about the SG-1 movie. The dude got it wrong.

Oh yeah and it's only 27 hours and 7 minutes to go!!
                      -

Comment

At the Paley Center event tonight

Comment

Must. Have. Larger. Pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post

I watched the interview a couple of days ago here, and I got the impression she was talking about the SG1 movie. I thought she said she knew nothing about when the SG1 movie would be filmed, but rumor was it would be late spring, early summer, around the same time as the SGA movie.

But, I don't feel like checking that again. So if anyone remembers something else?
                            i believe amanda was talking about the 'sg1' movie, not the atlantis one. though, amanda/sam could very well be in the atlantis one, seeing that if the atlantis movie picks up where the last ep leaves on, and sam's in the last ep...

but i'd MUCH prefer she be in the sg1 movie.

ONE MORE DAY 'TILL SANCTUARY!!
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                              Very nice picture! I can't wait till tomorrow night

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post

omg, that woman is gorgeous. GORGEOUS! just a classy package of amanda awesomeness.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X