No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night all, take care and have a lovely weekend!!! My work week starts tomorrow!! Oh Joy!!
    (((Samandans)))

"Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      Juts watch out for the Polar bears...
      Didn't you know? Polar Bears walk the streets over here... well, not really, but people seem to think so

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
      Welcome misskitten and hello to Norway!

The pilot is good but there is much more to Sam.
      Wow, I wonder what it's like to go back 10 years and watching SG 1 for the first time after you've seen Sam on SGA?!?
      It must be strange seeing "the early years".
      It is a bit weird to do the whole Stargate thing backwards. Before I even watched SGA, I watched a couple of youtube clips with Jewel's character in (yup, big Jewel Staite fan) so one can kinda say I was turned a Ronon/Keller shipper before I had seen the show...

I think it's fun though, to see what Sam was like when she was introduced. I totally understood why she has such a following and why so many were really excited about her coming over to SGA. I'm looking forward to see what young!Sam has to offer (not that she's old now)
      sigpic
      My Site || My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Neesie View Post
        Hi guys,
        Kind of a random drive by posting...
        I googled AT 4 and discovered that AT4 is an anti-tank weapon. Found it amusing so figured I'd send it along.
        Hope it lessens the drama that seems to be going on here a bit.

Back to my search...
        hehehe...that made me smile.

Originally posted by misskitten View Post
        Hi *waves*

I'm a recent convert to the Stargate franchise. I began watching SGA about 1-2 months ago and is up to date on that front. Since I loved that, I decided to check out the rest and bought the movie and the entire SG-1 series in one go. Yesterday the movie arrived, so I could get started. I immediately watched the SG-1 pilot after that and I fell for Sam.

I mean, I like her on SGA, but I feel her role is so different there than the impression I got from her in the SG-1 pilot. I really loved the arm wrestling line. That's what really sealed the deal for me. I'm looking forward to watching the show from now on, which is definitely gonna take a while. Just wanted to pop in and say how much I loved her in the pilot
        Ooh welcome! Sometimes I wish I could go back and watch shows with new eyes now. I hope you enjyo your forrays into early SG1 and watching Sam evolve into teh character as you know her now.

Sam rocks!
        sigpic
        Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
        My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
          Welcome to Samanda kitten!! Just uhm, don't fret about the recent unrest here...all's well again!! I think it's fair to say we're pretty passionate folks here!!
          Juts watch out for the Polar bears...the penguins are harmless!!
          Except when the bears try to use us as paper aeroplanes. So just make sure you're prepared to duck randomly and with no warning.

I luvs my bears... honest!

And welcome to Samanda misskitten
          sigpic

Comment

I know that it seemed hypocritical of me to crit one person for posting stuff without credible sources and then to do so myself. And if people choose not to believe me, that's fine.

Here is my issue....this person contacted me and told me the news. They were also concerned because they don't want the general forum public to know that they - as a person - have a direct line to an actor. And why? They didn't go into details but my experience allows me to fill in the gaps.

Often, when a member of a group has a direct line to a celebrity, all of a sudden that person is deluged with: I want to send her, can you help me? I want to get her to tell my friend happy birthday, can you help me? I'm going to be in vancouver next week can you.....' and the list goes on.

All of a sudden, this person loses their ability to post as a 'real' person and is seen as little more than a contact source to the actor, or, in some cases, 'well they expressed this opinion, they can talk to amanda, so that must be her opinion too'

and things just get icky.

I personally know this person. I know that they have contact and I know that they are responsible and would never lie. And that's good enough for me.

I will not divulge this person's identity and that's the end of the story. If you as a person choose to keep your skepticism....hey you know, if my roles were reversed and a person that i'd never met was saying what i'm saying I'd probably feel the same way. No harm, no foul and I understand how and why you feel the way that you do.

However we'll just need to accept things the way they are because I'm not naming my source, and I don't expect them to name themselves. You're just gonna have to take this one on faith and if Amanda ever chooses to publicaly acknowledge the wrongness of that rumor, that's her business.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Questions of the day....

Do you think Sam and/or the rest of SG1 would watch Sanctuary on Team night?

Why or why not?

If they did watch, what do you think each of the Team members would say about the show?

Go Sam Go AT Go Helen

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                Here is my issue....this person contacted me and told me the news. They were also concerned because they don't want the general forum public to know that they - as a person - have a direct line to an actor. And why? They didn't go into details but my experience allows me to fill in the gaps.

Often, when a member of a group has a direct line to a celebrity, all of a sudden that person is deluged with: I want to send her, can you help me? I want to get her to tell my friend happy birthday, can you help me? I'm going to be in vancouver next week can you.....' and the list goes on.
                I know what you mean, perfectly. I don't have any personal direct links to any celebs (at least not anyone you've heard about), but I have friends who have. Some of the celebs are of interest to me, some are not, but as tempting it is to "ask favors" I don't, because my friends are more important to me and I don't want to put them in an awkward position. And it would be unthinkable for me to name any of the friendships between people I know and celebs. Not only would I betray their trust, but I would also risk ruining the trust the celebs in question have in my friends (awkward phrasing, I know).

I support you in not naming your source and I hope you never will. Revealing sources like that will only lead to disaster.
                sigpic
                My Site || My Blog

Comment

Hey Everyone,

I'm home from college early b/c our afternoon classes were cancelled, so I get to spend more time with you guys. Yay!

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                  I'm looking for something innovative in an industry that has felt so samey for a long time. I am looking forward to the feel of the show, a show about outsiders and abnormals in an inclusive-extension-of-the-spectrum of normal way.

The whole mother and daughter thing....all these interesting characters which feel like they have depth and substance and stories to tell.
                  Nicely put Titi! I'll go with that too.

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                  Here, let me check....

you be the judge
                  Hey Mandy I thought that was the smiley for me?
                  ok guys

first, after my comment yesterday about not trusting things you can't verify...well you're just gonna have to go with me on this one. My source is and will remain unnamed, but I trust this person implicitly.

I have been informed, by what i consider to be a 100% credible source, that this person spoke to Amanda and she's fine. The post on IMDB was 100% WRONG.

So please, put your worry away. Amanda's fine and, i'm sure, the only bit of unsettled in her life right now is waiting for Oct 3rd and Sanctuary's ratings.

So, move along here, nothing to see
                  Thank you Sky so much for finding out for us *hugs you*
                  Hi *waves*

I'm a recent convert to the Stargate franchise. I began watching SGA about 1-2 months ago and is up to date on that front. Since I loved that, I decided to check out the rest and bought the movie and the entire SG-1 series in one go. Yesterday the movie arrived, so I could get started. I immediately watched the SG-1 pilot after that and I fell for Sam.

I mean, I like her on SGA, but I feel her role is so different there than the impression I got from her in the SG-1 pilot. I really loved the arm wrestling line. That's what really sealed the deal for me. I'm looking forward to watching the show from now on, which is definitely gonna take a while. Just wanted to pop in and say how much I loved her in the pilot
                  Welcome to Samanda misskitten!! Hope enjoy getting to know all of SG1, especially Sam! Come back to Samanda often to let us know how your enjoying it.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                    Questions of the day....

Why or why not?

If they did watch, what do you think each of the Team members would say about the show?

Go Sam Go AT Go Helen
                    I think she/they would, and I'll tell you why.

: She watches sci-fi movies to see if their doing it right . And she spends her days telling with things out of the normal anyway, so she'd probably like the show .

: Mostly likely Cam would watch the show for Helen . Plus he clearly likes those kinds of shows/movies, so yeah, I think he would.

: Daniel on the other hand would probably watch the show to try and unterstand it's mythology, cultural background and to see if any of it's correct and makes sense.

: He'd probably watch the show to observe John's and Ashley's fighting skills and then he'd stick back and think about how they could do better .

: I can think of 2 different possibilities. 1: She wouldn't like the show because she'd be way, way too jealous of Helen, because she'll know Helen's the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay hotter brunette . Or she would like the show, because she like's Helen, and admires her great beauty as a superior looking brunette, and looks up to her .

And : Of course he'd watch the show for his girl .

Oh, let me fix those smiles for ya

Go Sam, Go AT, Go Helen

Comment

ok guys

first, after my comment yesterday about not trusting things you can't verify...well you're just gonna have to go with me on this one. My source is and will remain unnamed, but I trust this person implicitly.

I have been informed, by what i consider to be a 100% credible source, that this person spoke to Amanda and she's fine. The post on IMDB was 100% WRONG.

So please, put your worry away. Amanda's fine and, i'm sure, the only bit of unsettled in her life right now is waiting for Oct 3rd and Sanctuary's ratings.

Yay! Finally no more rubbernecking! Let us commence..again!

Originally posted by Neesie View Post
                      Hi guys,
                      Kind of a random drive by posting...
                      I googled AT 4 and discovered that AT4 is an anti-tank weapon. Found it amusing so figured I'd send it along.
                      Hope it lessens the drama that seems to be going on here a bit.

Back to my search...
                      heh...maybe that's a hint as to how 'explosively fun' the next one will be.

Hi *waves*

Welcome to Samanda!

Sounds like your going to take a bit of a trip back in time! Your in for some big surprises with the character of Sam and I know she'll grow on you more and more. Heck, I didnt come into to the series until WoO, but going back and watching the pilot and the first few seasons was very fun. Finding an intelligent woman in a Scifi series was quite refreshing considering what was out there at the time.

Lilferret! If your out there and lurking...
                      Spoiler:
                      No disrespect to you and your concern for Amanda. We were all concerned for her, but at different levels. We chose to show it in different ways. All I was just stating was that I refused to believe a rumor. Your concern for Amanda wasnt flippant, but to me the rumor was. When I came into this thread, it was the next day after everything happened. I clicked on the link and found that it had been removed. For me, that gave me a small measure of hope that it wasnt true. I know Sky. I trust Sky. Whomever her source is is good enough for me.

I hope you'll come back and play in the Samanda sand box again. Just know I love ya.

And what I'm looking forward to about Sanctuary?

Watching something completely new and fresh! Having that old excitement back about seeing AT in another series and knowing the potential that the show has as well is awesome. Also, knowing its her 'baby' atm makes me want to pick up the proverbial pom-poms and start cheering her on. She's come a long way!

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                        Hey Everyone,

I'm home from college early b/c our afternoon classes were cancelled, so I get to spend more time with you guys. Yay!
                        lol don't you just love it when that happens

Welcome to the thread misskitten!!!!!

Comment

Hi *waves*

Welcome misskitten! Hope you have fun here, I sure do.

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                          Ooh welcome! Sometimes I wish I could go back and watch shows with new eyes now. I hope you enjyo your forrays into early SG1 and watching Sam evolve into teh character as you know her now.
                          I kinda feel like I've had a rather unique Stargate viewing experience because I've seen all of it pretty much completely out of order, like watching Unending before Children of the Gods. That was interesting.

Re: Sanctuary

I really looking forward to the series because I just love the concept, exploring both the science of the abnormals and the history of Magnus's character. That science/history aspect is probably what I love best about Stargate, and I think Sanctuary has the potential of developing as rich a mythology and universe.

Stargate has also made me an AT fan, so I'll happily give anything she does a chance. I loved the webisodes, so I'm super psyched about the series. The only downside for me is having to tape NBC's Life since it's in the same timeslot.

sigpic

Comment

ok guys

*Wipes Brow* Good. Thanks for doing that, Sky.
                            sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
                            Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                              Questions of the day....

Why or why not?

Go Sam Go AT Go Helen
                              No, I don't think Sam would find it scientifically sound and she might probable think it's just another 'Mutant X' or 'X-Men' wannabe; Jack might watch it though, because he'd think Helen is HOT, heck the actress that plays Helen might be his gavourite new actress (thus beating Mary Steenburgen)

Comment

Originally posted by Bekah See View Post
                                *Wipes Brow* Good. Thanks for doing that, Sky.
                                Couldn't have said it better myself It's great news and I am very happy to hear it, so thanks Sky, and Sky's contact
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X