No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As well as the price issue, I'm cautious about it catching on. I mean, a few years ago they tried to introduce "minidiscs" into this country. My mum, all on the bandwagon, bought us all the latest minidisc players and stuff, and you know, minidiscs lasted maybe a year and fizzled out.

I had a DVD player on my computer, but stuck to VHS to watch normally. I got the Stargate DVDs as a space-saving issue and just watched them on my computer for the first few years. The only thing that got me a DVD player for my TV was that my first TV was cheaper to get a DVD combi than a TV on its own.

Now, of course, nothing comes on VHS so I HAVE to get DVD. I'm sort of umming and ahhing over BlueRay and whether it's here to stay. I'm pretty confident it is, but I just can't afford the player.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I've just had a thought: After Atlantis I don't want Sam to go back to SG-1...the team that is. Not the movies. I was just on this site where it listed the former members of SG-1 - Jonas Quinn, Jack O'Neill...Samantha Carter. And I found myself actually liking that. I think for her to go back to that team as a 2iC would be a BIG mistake and a real step-back in Sam's character development after her hugely successful leadership of Atlantis. If Joe's Blog was anything to go by though, we'll hear (and hopefully see) that Sam does have a command of her own in the S5 finale. In Stargate III I very much hope that it'll be a command that will ensure she has plenty to do in "Stargate III" (or "Project Terzo") AND ensures she encounters SG-1.

Now I know that Stargate: Continuum takes place after the Season 5 première episode of Stargate: Atlantis and Sam was back in the BDU's with the SG-1 patch on her arm but so did Jack. I personally just like to think that Sam and Jack were just seconded to SG-1 for the extraction ceremony and afterwards Jack will go back to Homeworld Security and Sam will go back to her new position...whatever it is.

Rant over (Actually...is it a rant? ). Please resume normal operations. Thank you.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
        I've just had a thought: After Atlantis I don't want Sam to go back to SG-1...the team that is. Not the movies. I was just on this site where it listed the former members of SG-1 - Jonas Quinn, Jack O'Neill...Samantha Carter. And I found myself actually liking that. I think for her to go back to that team as a 2iC would be a BIG mistake and a real step-back in Sam's character development after her hugely successful leadership of Atlantis. If Joe's Blog was anything to go by though, we'll hear (and hopefully see) that Sam does have a command of her own in the S5 finale. In Stargate III I very much hope that it'll be a command that will ensure she has plenty to do in "Stargate III" (or "Project Terzo") AND ensures she encounters SG-1.

Now I know that Stargate: Continuum takes place after the Season 5 première episode of Stargate: Atlantis and Sam was back in the BDU's with the SG-1 patch on her arm but so did Jack. I personally just like to think that Sam and Jack were just seconded to SG-1 for the extraction ceremony and afterwards Jack will go back to Homeworld Security and Sam will go back to her new position...whatever it is.

Rant over (Actually...is it a rant? ). Please resume normal operations. Thank you.
        I agree with the comment about going back to 2IC on SG1 (even though they keep claiming it is co-command) but, as I've said before, my concern with her in some other position is that we see less of her in the next movie or she spends the movie separated from the rest of the team.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
          [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]"Truuuulllleee scrumptious. You're well and truly scrumptious."

Whenever I hear that song or watch Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, it reminds me of Amanda.
          ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!? i grew up with Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!!! that's awesome!!!! now i'll think of Amanda every time i think of that movie! sweet!!!
          --Kate

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            I agree with the comment about going back to 2IC on SG1 (even though they keep claiming it is co-command) but, as I've said before, my concern with her in some other position is that we see less of her in the next movie or she spends the movie separated from the rest of the team.
            That could be a problem, I agree...but what if the movie revolves around Sam's new command? Aliens try to take it over and then Jack leads SG-1 to 'Gate on over to help her and her crew? With a story along those lines there'd be no problem with her being separated from her former team members because she'd be nearly almost at the centre of the movie with plenty of screen time.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

That could be a problem, I agree...but what if the movie revolves around Sam's new command? Aliens try to take it over and then Jack leads SG-1 to 'Gate on over to help her and her crew? With a story along those lines there'd be no problem with her being separated from her former team members because she'd be nearly almost at the centre of the movie with plenty of screen time.
              Excellent idea. Get writing!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                Talking of AT's clothes, what about Sam's clothes? We've seen quite a variety of things over the years from jeans to skirts to glam clothes.

What outfits do you like Sam in best?

How do you think Sam is most comfortable dressing?
                The jeans, white top and that long white flowy jacket thingie in 2010 is my favorite outfit, and if I ever get to GABIT one of these years, I'll be wearing it, or something like it. Hmmmm, I may have to learn to sew so I can make that jacket thingie.

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                With a Little Help from My Friends by the Beatles

Shall we all sing a round of Fish Heads?
                *In that really annoying chipmunk voice*

Fish Heads
                Fish Heads
                Rolly polly fish heads
                Fish Heads
                Fish Heads
                Eat them up, yum!

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                Please, remove the IMG tags when you quote pictures, or i'll be forced to delete your posts.
                The Noodle Cometh!

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                Now I'll have that song stuck in my head all day.

Well, then I'll join you in weirdness. I think she looks cool in BDUs too (and I was/am geeky, but no teenager ). As for civilian clothes I like her jeans & sweaters type outfits. they seem so comfortable. Don't like the twin set/skirt combos.
                ETA: and I second the request for a pic of the Upgrades/O'Malley's picture. That was a cool outfit right down to the boots.
                Me neither.

Here's a slightly more front on view of that outfit, but most of the rest of the pics don't show the red sweater at all.

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                Thanks But...er...which one do you mean. I have 20 rotating and few of them are recently added. I'm just curious.
                *Drool before your god!* HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I love it!

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                doctor demento is a collection of crazy songs. Like the

Startrekkin across the universe
                Fish Heads
                Purple People Eater

and other quirky and silly songs
                Heh. I remember in college I was in a biology exam and hadn't bothered to study the bacteria portion of the chapter. So when the teacher asked us to write a short paragraph about "Purple Bacteria" or something, I didn't have a clue and so wrote several sentences waxing poetic on the Flying Purple People Eater. The teacher wasn't amused.
                sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
                Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by Bekah See View Post
                  The jeans, white top and that long white flowy jacket thingie in 2010 is my favorite outfit, and if I ever get to GABIT one of these years, I'll be wearing it, or something like it. Hmmmm, I may have to learn to sew so I can make that jacket thingie.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...2010jacket.jpg

If you're lucky maybe it will be up for auction.

Comment

If you're lucky maybe it will be up for auction.
                    Where does one look for that kind of thing? Is it usually online or at conventions, or what? But her particular one would be too short for me, not to mention at least two or three sizes too small! But it would still be fun to have it. I can just see my hubby's face now! He'd be like

Hee- that smilie makes me laugh!
                    sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
                    Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

Excellent idea. Get writing!
                      Me? Doesn't Brad Wright *own* a pen...and the ability to read my mind?
                      Last edited by Alan; 19 August 2008, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Where does one look for that kind of thing? Is it usually online or at conventions, or what? But her particular one would be too short for me, not to mention at least two or three sizes too small! But it would still be fun to have it. I can just see my hubby's face now! He'd be like

Hee- that smilie makes me laugh!
                        At AT3 they had various clothing items for the charity auction (t-shirts, BDU shirts and pants, the blouse Sam wore in 1969). Also, Legends had items for sale.

I believe MS also does an on-line auction for charity.

Comment

I've seen similar pictures but I don't know if I've seen these specific ones:

http://dryope.livejournal.com/397103.html?#cutid1

Ooops! Forgot to credit Prion for the original link.
                          Last edited by EH-T; 19 August 2008, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Personally, I think it's most likely that Sam's next command will be of an X-304, maybe the Odyssey or a new one as hinted at in The Last Man. And I think it's a command position that'll keep her more involved in the next movie than command of Area 51 or another base.

Heh. I remember in college I was in a biology exam and hadn't bothered to study the bacteria portion of the chapter. So when the teacher asked us to write a short paragraph about "Purple Bacteria" or something, I didn't have a clue and so wrote several sentences waxing poetic on the Flying Purple People Eater. The teacher wasn't amused.
                            Hee, in my microbiology class today we talked about purple vs. pink bacteria. Now I'll have that song in my head when studying Gram-positive bacteria.

sigpic

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                              She had made a comment about the Bay City Rollers in answer to a question earlier in the day. So, when they decided that they would make Amanda sing while they passed around the bucket to collect funds for Hearing Dogs, she asked the crowd what she should sing. And I yelled out "Saturday Night by the Bay City Rollers" and she said "OK."

I know I loved the Rollers when I was younger but there is no way I could sing one of their songs from memory without hearing it again (once you hear the opening bars it comes back ). She just jumped right in, melody and words. The woman's memory just boggles my mind.
                              Wow, that's so cool.

I feel the same Alan
                              That sounds a great idea! Get writing Alan

Sorry if this has already been talked about but, I've just seen Search and Rescue....SPOILERS AHEAD, MINER CONTINUUM SPOILER TOO.....
                              Spoiler:
                              I'm a bit hurt (only in a fan sense of course) and disappointed by the way Sam was taken from command, I did like how they tied her leaving with the Continuum storyline but I thought they (TPTB) were a bit disrespectful to such a long running character as Sam to just push her aside like she's nothing and for no apparent reason that I can see. I hope its better explained in the next ep b/c right now I'm not impressed. However, I do understand that TPTB had to find a way to write Sam/Amanda out as a regular cast member/character. At least there's an option for Amanda to guess star if her schedule permits.

Having said that I did like the rest of the ep.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                                Personally, I think it's most likely that Sam's next command will be of an X-304, maybe the Odyssey or a new one as hinted at in The Last Man. And I think it's a command position that'll keep her more involved in the next movie than command of Area 51 or another base.
                                Hey, I'm all for that! Anything that keeps Sam in the thick of things will do me! I'd personally like to see her in command of a new class of ship that has both scientific AND military purposes. Who better to command that than Colonel Samantha Carter who can find balance between the two.

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                                I feel the same Alan
                                Glad we're thinking along the same lines, Julia.

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                                That sounds a great idea! Get writing Alan
                                Oh, no. Oh Julia...not you too. Anything I'd write would only lead to major, in-your-face, leaving no questions unanswered S/J shipping and you wouldn't want anything I wrote transferred on to screen, surely?
                                Last edited by Alan; 19 August 2008, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X