Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
    lol. 'tis okay, I do it out of love. OR you can ask Jan, Ann, or Mandy.. I accept tackle hugs
    Wouldn't want to hurt my little penguin friend. But how about a careful Polar Bear hug. (((PengYn)))

Comment

Welcome to Samanda EvanstarSRV

Evening Samandans

Entertainment weekly did a few Comic Con portraits. My shippyness aside (well - maybe not completely *snort*) isn't this just gorgeous!!

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a...Anderson_l.jpg

Taken from HERE
      So it's just me spamming Samanda tonight. 'kay. I can live with that.

Courtesy of dryope's LJ

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a...%20Sam/029.jpg
      *tacklehugs PengYn* those are great! Thanks for posting those.

And now this sleepy Samandn is off to bed, night everyone

(((((((Samanda)))))))))

Julia(samcarterrules)
      sigpic
      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

PengYn Great pictures hon, can't green ya but consider yourself greened! Oh yeah here's a big tackler hug lol (((PENGYN)))

(Is silently carefully looking for EvanstarSRV) Welcome, have a nice, just-right coffee. Hope your a coffee person.

Original introduction BTW. Ya don't need to be shy, just "come in and play " I forgot my first post in GW or here in this thread. But it had something to do with Amanda

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
          Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! This is my first foray into online fandom, though I've been a scifi fan for a very long time.

Well, I guess I should clarify that I started watching Stargate in the fall of 2005 (when season 9 began I think), but I didn't really watch the new episodes, mostly because I was busy on Fridays with my local Tea Club.

I got somewhat caught up through the mini-marathons SciFi ran on Mondays, and then finally started watching the new episodes by the season 9 finale and kept on though season 10. I've since gone back and seen most of the series, though I'm still missing some big ones like Abyss, Meridian, and Gemini.

But it is very much the Carter character that has kept me interested in Stargate, and I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that I understand most of her technobable. Stargate is the first scifi show I've seen that seems serious about explaining things in a somewhat probable way, so the scientist in me loves it when Sam starts taking about M theory or gravitational waves. I think I've even referenced the episode Point of View when I was discussing string theory with a friend.

And to chime in on the coffee/tea discussion, I'm a tea girl at heart, though I can't really say no to Starbucks. But my absolute favorite is masala chai from any cafe in Mumbai, India. I really can't drink any of the chai served here in the States after tasting the authentic stuff.
          You understand the technobabble? I'm impressed!

Evening Samandans

Entertainment weekly did a few Comic Con portraits. My shippyness aside (well - maybe not completely *snort*) isn't this just gorgeous!!

Taken from HERE
          Thanks. Isn't that just sweet! I didn't check the link and have to dash off. Are these going to be in a magazine form shortly?

Seeing the pics of Amanda with Rick, Chris and Rick AND Chris I just want to say: I want to be Amanda!

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          Thank you kindly. All those RDA pics! sighs happily. I greened you for a previous post so couldn't again.

RDA, AT & CJ make jckfan a happy camper.

ETA: I hit another posting milestone without noticing until someone pointed it out. Missed posting it here, but it was in the RDA Thunk Thread, so that 's good too.
          Ditto. Ditto. And CONGRATULATIONS ON (OMG) 7,000 POSTS! Virtual green as i can't give you the real thing.

Wouldn't want to hurt my little penguin friend. But how about a careful Polar Bear hug. (((PengYn)))
          Just read a stat today that 60% of the world's polar bears are in Canada. You should come for a visit, you'll feel right at home!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Evening Samandans

Taken from HERE
            Oh.

My.

How lovely!

Thank YOU so much for finding the gorgeous photo.

Last edited by kiwigater; 01 August 2008, 02:28 PM.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]So it's just me spamming Samanda tonight. 'kay. I can live with that.
              Thank you!

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Evening Samandans

Taken from HERE
                Who's that guy? I'm sorry...but Amanda is dayum HOT in this pic. RDwho?
                Last edited by kiwigater; 01 August 2008, 02:28 PM.
                sigpic
                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                  Do you think Amanda is more a coffee drinker or a tea drinker...and if tea...what kind???
                  I don't know about Amanda, but Sam has been shown drinking both on the show. (Coffee in a couple of different eps, hot tea in Urgo).

I'm strictly a tea person, myself.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                    Who's that guy? I'm sorry...but Amanda is dayum HOT in this pic. RDwho?
                    I have always maintained that Amanda would be hot wearing a burlap bag. In sub-freezing temperatures.

Now, totally off-topic...but I'm curious to know who is going to Toronto next week to see Me So Lovely?

My LJ

Comment

Stargate: Continuum / Sanctuary - iO9: Video Interviews Amanda Tapping / Ben Browder:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....52&postcount=1

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Aww, Jckfan's my new favourite bear!

*fickle PengYn runs away quickly before the rest of the pack visits the thread....*
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                          Do you think Amanda is more a coffee drinker or a tea drinker...and if tea...what kind???
                          Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                          I don't know about Amanda, but Sam has been shown drinking both on the show. (Coffee in a couple of different eps, hot tea in Urgo).

I'm strictly a tea person, myself.
                          I have to agree, with Strix varia. Sam I'm certain of but Amanda is another matter. It wouldn't surprise me though if Amanda liked both coffee and tea too though.

Personally speaking I like coffee but I do drink more tea than...well...anything else out there really. In fact if I went to a nightclub, and it were possible to do so, I'd sooner have a cup of tea than a pint or a bottle or WKD.
                          Last edited by Alan; 01 August 2008, 02:48 PM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                            I have always maintained that Amanda would be hot wearing a burlap bag. In sub-freezing temperatures.

Now, totally off-topic...but I'm curious to know who is going to Toronto next week to see Me So Lovely?
                            ME! and Becky too. We fly out on Wednesday.

Mumsey
                            (starting to pack tomorrow )
                            For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
                              Unbelievable.

It's a movie, on DVD no less, it's not like they have to worry about people needing an intermission. I mean it's already 1 hour and 44 minutes, why not add 15 more and get some character moments in their.

Then again, given that it was RC's suggestion, I really shouldn't be surprised.
                              Intermission or not, some movies end up having pacing issues because the creators can't "kill their darlings" as the creative industries put it. In other words, they love all the scenes so much that they can't see objectively what really needs to be cut out for the sake of the story. I was surprised to hear that stuff was cut from Continuum, because it already felt a little padded to me—my inner editor was whispering "cut, cut" at several parts. Definitely had parts that needed to speed up. So I'm with RC on that point.

However, I am extremely ticked that we didn't get deleted scenes. I squee for deleted scenes—how dare they not include the scenes if they talk about them! Grr....

And if any of them are Amanda scenes... No, I should just shut up now—I was okay with the movie, really, I just need to keep repeating that to myself.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                              ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

[QUOTE=EH-T;8678487]You understand the technobabble? I'm impressed!

Well, most of it. I took a lot of physics at college even though I was a bio major and I love Hawking's Brief History of Time and Brian Greene's The Elegant Universe. I'm pretty much a science geek with a bit of history on the side.

Oh, and thanks for the coffee Daivy! I hope it's decaf or I'm going to be up all night.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X