Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Edb View Post
    Where the heck are all of you people who are freezing? Australia, New Zealand, the North Pole??? Or is that the South Pole?? Time for a survey. All those who are freezing step to the left. Now, all those who are broiling step to the right. Good. Now all those who are just comfy, not too hot, not too cold please step forward. Okay, now for the tricky part. Time to count off. Edb stepping right, one for broiling. Who's next? Please no pushing nor shoving, you'll all get you turn. Okay, we have:
    1--HOT vote
    steps away from the right and grins widely at the low 80's in July, finally some relief from the heat and dreaded humidity, and steps toward the middle
    1-Not too Hot and definitely not cold vote

RoX I will see if I can bottle up some of these temps and send your way. Or better yet talk to someone from California I hear they are in the 100+ degree F range so they have more than enough to spare.

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
      I have it on order and am eagerly waiting for it.
      Me too, I can't wait!

Julia(samcarterrules)
      sigpic
      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
        steps away from the right and grins widely at the low 80's in July, finally some relief from the heat and dreaded humidity, and steps toward the middle
        1-Not too Hot and definitely not cold vote

RoX I will see if I can bottle up some of these temps and send your way. Or better yet talk to someone from California I hear they are in the 100+ degree F range so they have more than enough to spare.
        Yep it was 112F here yesterday with lots of smoke in the air as well.

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Where the heck are all of you people who are freezing? Australia, New Zealand, the North Pole??? Or is that the South Pole?? Time for a survey. All those who are freezing step to the left. Now, all those who are broiling step to the right. Good. Now all those who are just comfy, not too hot, not too cold please step forward. Okay, now for the tricky part. Time to count off. Edb stepping right, one for broiling. Who's next? Please no pushing nor shoving, you'll all get you turn. Okay, we have:
          1--HOT vote
          1 more for the comfy (if a little soggy) UK. We've had a months' worth of rain here in a couple of days. Dry and intermittantly sunny and dull today though.

Mumsey
          For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Famantha View Post
            *delurking for a litle while*

Hi there

If you want a copy of the movie Stuck, it is still possible. Some more people have been asking how to get a copy, so the director of the movie Lindsay Bourne decided to make and sell some more copies. You just have to contact him at this address : [email protected]

Feel free to tell others who could be interested

*goes back to her happy shippy place *
            Someone should tell Amanda since she didn't seem to know he was selling it.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            Bummer (wow, haven't used that word in a long time ) that there was NO commentary for Midway. It may have been originally announced as Chris and Jason but the commentary info changed over time. Trio was supposed to include Jewel as well but that didn't happen. I assume it was because of schedule conflicts. However, I don't understand why they couldn't get anyone to do commentary for Midway.
            I think bummer is the appropriate term here. I know I was thoroughly bummed when it wasn't there. Chris and Jason are both hilarious and I was looking forward to listening to them. You wouldn't think the studio would release info about extras until they were actually done.

But, at least we have 4 eps with Amanda. The only one I was kind of disappointed in was the one for Trio. I wanted to hear more from Amanda about the filming, but Gero kind of monopolized that one. He's good, but he's not Amanda.

Spoiler:
            Loved the deleted scenes. But I think the following ones should have been left in somehow:
            1. Sam/Caldwell - I don't think he was flirty necessarily, just relaxed. He may have a little crush on Sam, but who wouldn't?! She certainly didn't play the scene that way, and it seemed like he toned it down as the scene went on, like he was picking up on the fact that she wasn't flirting back.
            2. John/Ronon in motel - hilarious
            3. Sam/Keller in Trio - they could have cut the part about the evals and left in the parts about their love life, or lack thereof. I think it would have been a good lead-in to the "who would you pick?" game.
            4. John/Caldwell - another chance to see Caldwell relaxed
            Some of the bloopers were pretty cute, but they needed more of them.
            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
            Anon

Comment

Stepping forward. Things are just right here, 22C (72F) and sunny.

By the way, for those of you who are cold, just how cold? Being from Canada, I suspect you are just chilly. We know real cold!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                I marched over there with all these arguments about what an awesome character Sam is, then remembered this:

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

So I just pointed out that he's spelling his name incorrectly.
                Heheheh, but I don't understand his name .... or your spelling of it

1--HOT vote
                Ummmm -- Comfy except for the freaking rain

And ARGHHHHHHHHH -- I have SUCH a toothache. For 1,5 week now, I was hoping it would just go away, no such luck. Now I need to gather enough courage to actually call the dentist. I will tomorrow!
                sigpic

Comment

1--HOT vote
                  *steps forward*
                  Not cold, but I have the feeling they're trying to turn Belgium into a swimmingpool... Even though I love rain, this is pushing it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                    Someone should tell Amanda since she didn't seem to know he was selling it.

I think bummer is the appropriate term here. I know I was thoroughly bummed when it wasn't there. Chris and Jason are both hilarious and I was looking forward to listening to them. You wouldn't think the studio would release info about extras until they were actually done.

But, at least we have 4 eps with Amanda. The only one I was kind of disappointed in was the one for Trio. I wanted to hear more from Amanda about the filming, but Gero kind of monopolized that one. He's good, but he's not Amanda.

Spoiler:
                    Loved the deleted scenes. But I think the following ones should have been left in somehow:
                    1. Sam/Caldwell - I don't think he was flirty necessarily, just relaxed. He may have a little crush on Sam, but who wouldn't?! She certainly didn't play the scene that way, and it seemed like he toned it down as the scene went on, like he was picking up on the fact that she wasn't flirting back.
                    2. John/Ronon in motel - hilarious
                    3. Sam/Keller in Trio - they could have cut the part about the evals and left in the parts about their love life, or lack thereof. I think it would have been a good lead-in to the "who would you pick?" game.
                    4. John/Caldwell - another chance to see Caldwell relaxed
                    Some of the bloopers were pretty cute, but they needed more of them.
                    Agreed. Would have loved hearing Chris talk about what it was like to work with Amanda again and to hear the boys talk about the big fight scene.

MG does have a tendency to monopolize his commentaries. Would have preferred more Amanda and would have rather had Jewel than MG. I had hoped the "making of" video would have been more of the actors and less technical stuff.

Agree with your points on the deleted scenes.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by sofie View Post
                      *steps forward*
                      Not cold, but I have the feeling they're trying to turn Belgium into a swimmingpool... Even though I love rain, this is pushing it!!!
                      A perfect 74F (23 C) here by the beach in SoCal, but I am stuck at work where the air is on and it's freezing!

Comment

MG does have a tendency to monopolize his commentaries. Would have preferred more Amanda and would have rather had Jewel than MG. I had hoped the "making of" video would have been more of the actors and less technical stuff.

Agree with your points on the deleted scenes.
                        He can't be as bad as RCC. Or can he? While I appreciate the writers taking the time & they often have interesting things to add, they should realize they're not the "star" attractions for most fans. And so leave room for AT to talk.

[today I'm in the middle on the hot/cold thing. tomorrow is expected to be broiling. So I'm kind of doing the hokey pokey here. ]

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                          *steps to the left*
                          1--FREEZING vote

Yep, the cold complainers were from A&NZ. It's cold over this way!! It's also 3am in Sydney so I doubt you'll get replies from the others for a while. I'm only awake because we have gale force winds at my place and I woke up because of the noise, decided my room was freezing and got up to put the heater on and get a hot cup of tea!!!

Now I'm up I think I'll go watch some Stargate, maybe some early seasons
                          Hey, I can wait for the other half of the world to wake up and stand counted. It's the middle of the afternoon here with lots of heat and humidity in the air. We have a Severe Thunderstorm Watch in effect. The storm clouds are rolling in so unless I blow away in a tornado or strong thunderstorm I'll keep the survey and tally going. Question for all the sleeping beauties, do you have tornadoes down under?

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                            1 more for the comfy (if a little soggy) UK. We've had a months' worth of rain here in a couple of days. Dry and intermittantly sunny and dull today though.

Mumsey
                            Darn rain...everyone round here is eyeing their sandbags again

Stepping forward. Things are just right here, 22C (72F) and sunny.

By the way, for those of you who are cold, just how cold? Being from Canada, I suspect you are just chilly. We know real cold!
                            Heh...if it's above -20C it isn't cold!

I submit exhibit a) the *inside* of my bedroom window this winter
                            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...e/S5030580.jpg

anyone surprised that I regularly ate my breakfast with my mittens on?

hehe...insert AT arctic picture here.
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                            My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Hey, I can wait for the other half of the world to wake up and stand counted. It's the middle of the afternoon here with lots of heat and humidity in the air. We have a Severe Thunderstorm Watch in effect. The storm clouds are rolling in so unless I blow away in a tornado or strong thunderstorm I'll keep the survey and tally going. Question for all the sleeping beauties, do you have tornadoes down under?
                              Polls have been open for about an hour. Results so far, 2 for Hot Samandans; 1 for Cold Samandans; 6 for Comfy Samandans and 1 for undecided, Hokey Pokey kind of Samandan. Keep those votes coming in.

Comment

Polls have been open for about an hour. Results so far, 2 for Hot Samandans; 1 for Cold Samandans; 6 for Comfy Samandans and 1 for undecided, Hokey Pokey kind of Samandan. Keep those votes coming in.
                                I'm a comfy London lass at the mo
                                Last edited by resurgamlaura; 10 July 2008, 12:47 PM. Reason: Silly articles
                                sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Working...
                                X