Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
    Being a major XF fan, I kept waiting for a little look between them.

Kind of a "Haven't I seen you somewhere before?" kind of a look?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
      Kind of a "Haven't I seen you somewhere before?" kind of a look?

Aaaww! That's really cute.

Comment

Here is my view on the Season 4 DVDs. Put in spoilers for those not interested by what I have to say or for those who don't want to be spoiled.

Deleted scenes (the one I'm really sorry they didn't keep was the one with Caldwell, details below):

Spoiler:
        At first I was concerned they all involved Sam but then they showed some others. The shippers will be thrilled with the deleted scene from Trio. I'm a bit of a shipper so I enjoyed seeing it. Still think they could have kept it in.

There was a scene with from Reunion where was explaining the reasons why she was chosen to lead Atlantis, that she was a combination of military and scientist, she got strong recommendations from and Woolsey. She mentioned she was hesitant because of outstanding issues. McKay thought she meant him but she quickly explained it was she thought she was still needed at the SGC. Then she said she considered what was waiting for her in Atlantis (and that's why she took the job) and again McKay assumed she meant him. She quickly dispelled him of that notion. Cute scene.

Next was part of the Sam/Ronan scene when he was packing. Best part was when she asked him about a necklace and he explained it was made from the fingers of the 1st Wraith he killed. Nice reaction from Sam.

Cute scene on balcony with Shep. He tells her there is a welcome home party for Ronan (shows she is included/welcome). They dicuss the crazy day and she says it's like she never left the SGC and says she thinks she's going to like it in Atlantis.

The one scene I really wished they had kept was the one with Caldwell from BAMSR. Sam is on the ship, he comes into the room and she says she hopes he doesn't mind that she's going over some modifications. He says "You're SC, this is what you do. Some of the best stuff on the ship is here because of you." She says command is going good, she thinks. Protocols are more relaxed and she misses being on SG1. He talks about how she misses the adreneline and that it is lonely at the top. She says "a little" and though everyone is wonderful, it's not the same. Caldwell says "you and I know no one in 2 galaxies is better suited to run Atlantis. You are where you need to be." She says she may transfer power (technobabble) and he says that's fine. She says "It's what I do".

MG says it was cut because the episode was too long and Mitch played it to romance-llike.

Regarding bloopers, they were cute but not that great. Nice ones with Amanda:
        Spoiler:
        With Kavan, they look at each other and start laughing. He says something in a funny voice and then sticks out his tongue and looks like he is going to lick her. (Has he been reading this thread too much?) She says "oh my God" in a funny voice. The director yells "cut' and Kavan says "don't cut".

In the deleted balcony scene with Shep, AT messes up a line, talks nonsense and gives a funny wave.

In the video feed scene with and she messes up a line and says "and I'm comin' to your show" then she makes a thumbs down gesture like the show is going to tank as a result.

I really like the profile on Carter coming to Atlantis. I'll give more details later if anyone is interested.

The commentaries by Amanda and Martin were fun as usual. Amanda had a couple of great one liners (on Lifeline when she describes the look of a building, her adlib in Trio that didn't make it to screen and her comment on why the Jaffa are such bad shots). I love the banter between them.

Lots of very nice things said by others about Amanda, no surprise there.

Interesting to note how prominent Sam is on the actual DVD covers. Odd picture choice of her on the back of the box though. It is clearly an SG1 picture (because of the hair) which I think is from 200. They just photoshpped in an Atlantis patch on her arm.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

And then:

Comment

So, EH-T--bottom line is the Atlantis set worth buying for the AT stuff? Since we've been sharing a brain lately I'd probably agree with your assessment. I haven't ordered it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
              Ah the good old peguin Polar bear fights

Ohhhhh I was at the mall yesterday and I was at a jewlery store and there were penguin earings, I was like "OMG Peguin earings......must buy..." so i did, hehe I have penguin earings Ill have to see if I can get a photo of them, there cool
              Not fights. We polar bears like penguins. They're such silly little creatures. And we love playing "toss the penguin."
              (I actually have penguin earrings too).

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                Not fights. We polar bears like penguins. They're such silly little creatures. And we love playing "toss the penguin."
                (I actually have penguin earrings too).
                Ooooooh so the truth comes out... You're really a closet penguin! It's OK I won't tell ... too many people

On the S4 Atlantis Box set my set has already been ordered. Just waiting for delivery then I will go back and read what you wrote EH-T

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                  Ooooooh so the truth comes out... You're really a closet penguin! It's OK I won't tell ... too many people
                  Just the whole of gateworld. lol.

And yeah, I like the fact that the polar bears and the penguins here do get along. Where on earth would the fun be if we were glaring at each other all day.

Psst Jckfan: personally I quite like 'toss the penguin' myself. gives me the allusion I can fly
                  sigpic

Comment

Just for fun
                    Spoiler:

watch for Jckfan sliding in to join the penguins

"wow that looks like it hurts"

I agree with you PengYn it is nice that the polar bears and penguins get along! It wouldn't be nearly as much fun if they didn't.

Comment

^ love it!

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                        I agree with you PengYn it is nice that the polar bears and penguins get along! It wouldn't be nearly as much fun if they didn't.
                        Yes I agree, I like that everyone can be nice here regardless of whether you're a shipper or not, it doesn't happen everywhere
                        sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

http://www.addictinggames.com/pokethepenguin.html

FF
                          sigpic

Comment

...And that's just pressed my 'manical and sadistic inner child' button. Whoopsy
                            sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
                              ...And that's just pressed my 'manical and sadistic inner child' button. Whoopsy
                              And you hide it so well...

FF
                              sigpic

Comment

OMFG!!! that is fanfrellin'tastic!

*wanders off to poke the penguin again...and again...and again....
                                sigpic
                                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X