Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    *wipes tear*

I seriously love you guys! G4, Samandans... group hug!

As for all the work that went into the wonderful quilt... I love it so much and I'm sure it means so much to everyone, especially Amanda. I think I have worked out a way to put AT4 on my student loan. So you can kick my arse then, and rest content with the knowledge I will be in debt for the rest of my life

*edit* Ummm... the airfare alone will cost half as much again as what I can squeeze out of my loan. Looks like I'm working overtime over the summer
    Hey Neep. You and I are next to each other on a blanket now

Our names! On the quilt! Get out of the gutter!

And you had better make it to AT4!!! I must meet my crazy kiwi friend!

Comment

Crossposted from the Gabit thread ...

I wrote a little (or not so little) report on AT3. It's in my LJ, maybe it's boring to others, but if you want to read it, it's here.

I'm almost done with typing out everything I remember from the Q&A's and will post that in my LJ as well. Will give the link here.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post

I wrote a little (or not so little) report on AT3. It's in my LJ, maybe it's boring to others, but if you want to read it, it's here.

I'm almost done with typing out everything I remember from the Q&A's and will post that in my LJ as well. Will give the link here.
        Great! Thanks so much!

Comment

Great report!!!! Can't believe it's been a week since the cocktail party

Comment

Did anyone asked Amanda about the pink streak of hair Magnus had?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              yeah, you need to remove the stargate, sorry. i thought it worked. Guess i should have clicked it

www.agentwithstyle.com

then navigate to 'what's new' or 'stargate' and you'll find it.

thanks guys. I hope you enjoy it

Commercial is right...

I'll read it after it's not a fanzine. I'd pay paperback prices, but not that. Sorry Sky.

suse
              sigpic
              Mourning Sanctuary.
              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                Did anyone asked Amanda about the pink streak of hair Magnus had?
                Nope.
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks Ann!
                  We are super excited also. And we're working really hard to keep the momentum up!
                  hugs*
                  -geek-

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                  Hey Samanda Sisters & Brothers!!!

It was so amazing to see everyone again at AT3!!!!!!!

If you have a second - a couple of us could really use your help right now though... well, quite a few of us actually!

When you have a second, please pop on over here to the OT thread:
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...19#post8204419

... and help us get the word out, would you??

Huge Love**
                  -geek-
                  Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                  Thanks for the link! I think this is a tremendous event you, Julia and crew are putting together!! I am sure you will be very successful, because this describes us or someone we know. So I think it will touch many lives.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Hey all I started a I ship Sam thread

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=54812

I just thought some of you might like to Multi ship Sam like I do any and all Sam fans are welcome
                    sigpic
                    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

i have pics of the bracelets. I was making a photo of who gave what to give to mumsy and becky, then when i got some charms at the con (thanks to those that hand carried them) i put them on and took a new photo...but the photoshop file for the bracelets was at home. I hope to get to it in a day or so and post it off to becky and mumsy so that they can know who gave what

I dont' have any pics of the presentation obviously
                      Would love to see final photo when you get a chance to dig it up Sky. Darn that I had to walk so far that afternoon it cos that was definitely something I was looking forward to filming.

Originally posted by Riftzone View Post
                      I didn't any good photo's at AT3 thanks to carpel tunnel causing camera shake but hopefully won't have the same problem at AT4.

My favorite episode is Foothold, i got a prop symbiote from legands but can't display it at home as my housemate is scared of snakes....
                      Aren't they the greatest things though? I seriously thought of buying the one on display at AT3 and even wandered into that room bout a million times to stare at it. lol Would have been an awesome conversation piece.

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
                      I didn't get a single good photos either on account of having a really pants camera, every photo looked like it had been taken in a wind tunnel during an earthquake so I gave up taking them.
                      awww...and hehe. Sorry, that description is just hilarious as I can just imagine what those photos looked like.

Mine didnt turn out too badly. Even being in the very last row I was able to click away, especially during the auction when Amanda roamed the back of the room often.

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                      For all the Gateworlders I reacquainted with - too numerous to mention but you all know who you are, and those I met for the first time, ditto. It was fantastic to put names to faces and thanks for the fab chocolate.

I meant what I said on Sunday - you are all reflections of Amanda, her compassion and her humanity and it was a privilege to meet you all.
                      I look forward to seeing hopefully all of you again at AT4.
                      I have to confess that standing with Amanda in the dark at the back of the hall, tears crept into my eyes when I watched your reactions to the AT4 promo video. I remember thinking "okay we must be getting it right!"

Amanda had a blast. We had a blast. The staff had a blast. I hope you all did too.

Basically you all rock!

Julia
                      G4
                      I know this has been reiterated often this week, but I just wanted to thank the G4 for such an awesome weekend. I will forever remember the fun and friends I made there and I look forward to the same yet again next year.

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                      LOL at the toy baby adventure. It's very good experience! Yes for the same reason I have tremendous respect for mom's and how much they do behind the scenes and the juggling act that do. I don't know how Amanda was able to come back so soon and keep her sanity.
                      She probably came back to *keep* her sanity.

Originally posted by sanctuary4all View Post
                      Nope didn't sound lame to me at all! When I am freaking out or bummed, I think of her & settle down, smile & get the strength to keep on throughout my day.
                      I have been soaking up all the smiling photos of Amanda from AT3 and getting some much needed chuckles from the stories. I have been getting more & more bummed & nervous about impending surgery and all that entails and I keep thinking of Amanda. She brings a smile to my face through the tears.
                      I know I haven't had the chance to meet her in person yet, but I have decided that she must be an Angel. With all that you folks say about her & the way you describe her... she just has to be. That much kindness and love and absolutely genuine.
                      Good luck with the surgery and keep focusing on Amanda for your strength and comfort as I can truly tell you she is everything everyone has been saying about her.

Little report? hahaha Oh and Add me woman!

Comment

want some angst with a heavy does of ship?

http://annerbhp.livejournal.com/79588.html
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i read 'julia's speech' from AT3, transcribed on amandatapping.com

http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts...isplay&pid=241

it was a VERY moving speech and absolutely beautifully written. no wonder amanda cried!

i'll never get to go to these cons, so it's wonderful when everyone gives their reflections on their experiences.

i've adjusted to the dark hair, but i still prefer the blond. but the pictures taken show just how beautiful amanda is, inside and out. we're so lucky to have amanda in our lives.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            i read 'julia's speech' from AT3, transcribed on amandatapping.com

http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts...isplay&pid=241

it was a VERY moving speech and absolutely beautifully written. no wonder amanda cried!

i'll never get to go to these cons, so it's wonderful when everyone gives their reflections on their experiences.

i've adjusted to the dark hair, but i still prefer the blond. but the pictures taken show just how beautiful amanda is, inside and out. we're so lucky to have amanda in our lives.

sally
                            I copied it onto a Word doc and threw it in the file with all my pics and vids from the weekend. That way, whenever I want to go back to the fun moments, I will find the speech given to Amanda there and can read and be happy again. It was deeply emotional and a very special ending to an awesome weekend. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                              I copied it onto a Word doc and threw it in the file with all my pics and vids from the weekend. That way, whenever I want to go back to the fun moments, I will find the speech given to Amanda there and can read and be happy again. It was deeply emotional and a very special ending to an awesome weekend. *sigh*
                              i've been saving everyones (reports that i've read) recollections too, onto a note pad. i've already got lots of photos too.

i'm now waiting for all those amanda interviews to start showing up. didn't she do, like, 30 or so?

i'm also *very* excited about seeing future adds for sanctuary.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

want some angst with a heavy does of ship?

http://annerbhp.livejournal.com/79588.html
                                Spoiler:
                                that was very well done. disturbing, but had a happy ending.

i'm going to go now see if 'the way' series has been updated.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X