Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
    I really like your colour palette, must be a throwback to my hippie days!
    But every one of them is beautiful and delicate and very 'Amanda', if that makes sense?

FF
    Thanks, I like colours as well
    And I agree, all of them are "very Amanda"

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
      But...

What she said!!!
      She may be the star, but that doesn't mean she has to be actively involved in the first day of production ... at least I wouldn't presume so. Or maybe Amanda is just one of those lucky people who never suffer from jet-lag. *ponders simply asking her at AT3*
      *remembers how basically incoherent bouncy-ames became in her presence at Expo*
      (Yes, believe it or not, I turned shy. And then bounced for the rest of the day, much to the amusement/embarrassment of those around me )
      I don't think I've said this quite enough yet. Just to reiterate...I AM UNBELIEVABLY JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

I saw a post earlier about there being too much to read through on this thread.

For those who are new (like myself ), I highly recommend going back and reading the earlier parts of the thread. Even if it is 4400 pages. It is incredibly good reading and I wish I could have been a part of it, particularly the first 200 pages (which I'm in now). I skipped around about to read about AT2 and other things.

Loads of Samanda goodness

Go SAM

Comment

Hi Samandans!

Just popping out of my usual Samanda Lurkdom for a bit of a fangirl squeeeeeeee!!!

She's a super smiley goddess, I swear!

Really enjoying all the conversation in here, by the way! WTG!!!
          sigpic

Comment

i'm sure there will be days when amanda doesn't hae to be on the set. helen won't be in every scene, or if amanda is there, she's not ther to act, but to produce, thus can come in in her scrubbies and chill

or, is she needs/wants time off, they just do what SG1 did for rick, schedule all her scenes in a couple day span and then not have her come in for a few days
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              i'm sure there will be days when amanda doesn't hae to be on the set. helen won't be in every scene, or if amanda is there, she's not ther to act, but to produce, thus can come in in her scrubbies and chill
              That said, Amanda strikes me as a high-motor individual. It wouldn't surprise me if she was flying home Sunday with intentions to be on set late Monday or Tuesday even if Helen isn't filming.

Oh to have that kind of energy... I know I'd be sleeping Monday.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                ... I am hoping that with the new lenses I bought for my camera that the ones from AT3 (and Comic Con this year) will be even better!
                I'll be just behind you with my *very old* Canon, so I don't think I'll be taking much photos, as yours will be waaaaaaaaaaaay better

Comment

Dear Samandans,

I made Amanda related art again, thanks antoa315 for her beautiful pictures!!!! Feel free to use them and I'd love to read your opinions!!

Icons:

Banners:

Wallpapers:

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                    But...

What she said!!!
                    She may be the star, but that doesn't mean she has to be actively involved in the first day of production ... at least I wouldn't presume so. Or maybe Amanda is just one of those lucky people who never suffer from jet-lag. *ponders simply asking her at AT3*
                    *remembers how basically incoherent bouncy-ames became in her presence at Expo*
                    (Yes, believe it or not, I turned shy. And then bounced for the rest of the day, much to the amusement/embarrassment of those around me )
                    Definitely embarrassment.
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Another chance to submit questions for an interview with Amanda.

The latest victim of the Fannish Inquisition is Stargate’s series-hopping Amanda Tapping, who's now also the star of the web-to-series, Sanctuary. We need your questions to ask her, and we need them fast (SFX is interviewing her next week).

You can get your questions to us in one of three ways:

1) Post your question in the comments section following this news story

2) Post your question in this thread on the SFX forum

3) Email your question to [email protected]
                      http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=...questions_for2

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                        I saw a post earlier about there being too much to read through on this thread.

For those who are new (like myself ), I highly recommend going back and reading the earlier parts of the thread. Even if it is 4400 pages. It is incredibly good reading and I wish I could have been a part of it, particularly the first 200 pages (which I'm in now). I skipped around about to read about AT2 and other things.

Loads of Samanda goodness

Go SAM
                        What a lovely compliment to the Royal Days and Royal Court of Samanda! Thanks from all of us royal hens who had some small part in the early history. Those pages are part of what Astrogeologist compiled and then sent on to Amanda as our tribute to Sam Carter (the famouse "red book"). I agree, there is a lot of good reading there and so glad you're enjoying it!

In the meantime, here's a link to a modern-day Sam Carter who just came back from a perilous space-station mission and a dangerous re-entry - exposing the three-person crew (TWO women and a man) to forces over 8Gs (hope I got that right).

http://www.jsc.nasa.gov/Bios/htmlbios/whitson.html

Seems like this astronaut was up on the international space station for a six-month stint and she has broken some records for "women in space". Whee!!!!

I'm feeling better and looking forward to meeting my fellow Samandans in London in less than two weeks!

Keep playing nice in the Samandan sandbox, campers!

Hugs, CG

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                          For those who have been wondering, Sanctuary is listed as shooting from May 5 to September 11.
                          Thanks for the info. I thought the original plan was to shoot from March to July? I'm concerned this leaves little time for Amanda to make late season appearances in SGA. How late do they shoot? Is it only to October?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            Thanks for the info. I thought the original plan was to shoot from March to July? I'm concerned this leaves little time for Amanda to make late season appearances in SGA. How late do they shoot? Is it only to October?
                            September 23

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                              Well the lady doesn't shy away from hard work.... she filmed the two movies and Atlantis at the same time.
                              Spoiler:
                              I was thinking Joe mentioned she would be in one early and one late eppy of Atlantis. Does anyone else remember reading that in his blog?
                              Also Chris H. will be in Sanctuary and Atlantis this year. Joe F. worked on Atlantis and two episodes of Women's Murder Club last season. So working around actors schedules can be a balancing act, but doesn't necessarily mean it's a deal breaker.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                                Well the lady doesn't shy away from hard work.... she filmed the two movies and Atlantis at the same time.
                                Spoiler:
                                I was thinking Joe mentioned she would be in one early and one late eppy of Atlantis. Does anyone else remember reading that in his blog?
                                Also Chris H. will be in Sanctuary and Atlantis this year. Joe F. worked on Atlantis and two episodes of Women's Murder Club last season. So working around actors schedules can be a balancing act, but doesn't necessarily mean it's a deal breaker.
                                I'm starting to understand why she didn't want to split her time between SGA and Sanctuary; looks to me as though she's going to be very involved with Sanctuary and it's going to be hard work (but fun, hopefully).

FF
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X