Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    I always wondered why that storyline was not followed through when it had started off quite strongly (Sam talking about how it was like she had those feelings, like she had the relationship with Martouf). While it was odd having to finish off the relationship using another actor (isn't science fiction wonderful?) I liked the way it was dealt with, I thought there was a real sense of emotion from Sam.

P.S. THANKS to SamJackShipLover for my fabulous new sig!
    I really like your new signature!. Great photos and great background

Comment

My take on Martouf and Sam's 'relationship':

I always thought Martoug was thrown in as competition for O'Neill or to add a little spice/friction to the S/J storyline. I do believe the intention was for S/M to be more than 'just friends'.

P.S. Did I really just write S/M in a PG thread ?!?

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
        I really like your new signature!. Great photos and great background
        Thanks, I had absolutely nothing to do with it!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
          My take on Martouf and Sam's 'relationship':

I always thought Martoug was thrown in as competition for O'Neill or to add a little spice/friction to the S/J storyline. I do believe the intention was for S/M to be more than 'just friends'.

P.S. Did I really just write S/M in a PG thread ?!?
          Heaven knows it needed something. Dull, dull, dull and dull.
          And a waste of Sam and of Amanda's acting talents. MS got to play Daniel as a schizophrenic, or with multiple personalities, or addicted. Amanda got to play Sam as love struck and to bat her eyes at the boss, hardly earth shaking stuff for such a good actress. The Tokra/Martuf/Jolinar arc was an opportunity for her to stretch her acting muscles, to do something different, but it got frittered away and wasted.
          I'm really hoping her exec. producer clout on Sanctuary give her the chance to do something more meaty with Helen.

FF
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
            For a slightly different take on the chemistry between JRB and AT, I recommend watching the film Stuck, although I warn you - there is DEFINITELY adult content involved, so I woudn't rec having any kids around while doing so.
            Spoiler:
            For those of you unaware of Stuck, it's the story of four people stuck in an elevator. There are hard stories being told, lots of personality conflicts, as well as some swearing, drug use, and sex involved, hence the warning for adult content. It is a great drama though, and you definitely get to see a much different side to both JRB and AT, so I stand by my recommendation!
            speakikng of stuck, we're down to the last 6 copies of the movie and i'm bringing them with me to AT3 if anyone who's there wants a copy and hasn't got one yet.

they'll be 12.5 pounds/25 us or canadian dollars. they won't be sold officially anywhere, i'm just bringing them to save some folks shipping if they want a copy.

Once we're out of these six copies, the movie will be out of print for the time being.

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
            But why would the writers feel a need to bring in a love interest for Jolinar? And of course, Sam never had a chance to be more than fond of Martouf, but she plainly was. I'm sure there were uncomfortable remnant feelings from Jolinar of a steamier nature, but I'm pretty sure it was Sam herself who just enjoyed seeing and working with him on a friendlier level.
            I don't know if it was conscious or not or even meant to last. I THINK martouf was meant to be a one episode character, but like Jacob, worked so well with amanda and the story line that he came back.

Him being jolinar's ex-lover was probably meant to complicate the relationship while also explain why sam trusted the tok'ra and him wiht her father. It was probably also meant to lay the ground work for jolinar having a long and varied past, a plot device that could come up and be used for years as the story demanded it
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hey everyone,

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
              I only saw Martouf as a love interest for Jolinar. As Sam got Jolinars memories, she got all confused, but imo never did Sam herself had an interest in Martouf.
              I thought it were nice, angsty eps and didn't see the Sam/Jack ship in danger at any point. But, I do wear my pink coloured glassed when watching
              I agree, I don't think Sam herself had any romantic feelings for Martouf, I think like you've said, when Sam first met Martouf she was still trying to come to terms with what had happened to her. I think Martouf helped Sam by explaining a bit more about who Jolinar was and what was the connection between the three of them. So I think it is inevitable that a unique bond would develop between them.

And the chemistry between AT and JRB in Stuck is absolutely amazing! Its a movie that shows off their acting abilities wonderfully, it has a very good plot too.

Julia(samcarterrules)
              sigpic
              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

New interview with Amanda. No English version, unfortunately.

http://www.allocine.fr/article/fiche...=18419479.html

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post

Thanks for the link... I'm working on it now!
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I've seen that French article...and there's talk of ship! Yay!!!!

Unfortunately I can't save the translated version otherwise I would have shared it with you all. Sorry.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                      especially if the shippers found out
                      !
                      Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                      Happy Birthday Fannie, john_and_teyla_for_life, deepspace, and Forestia!!!!!
                      Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                      Happy birthday
                      Forestia
                      Deepspace
                      Fainne
                      JATFL

Hope you all had fantastic days!!
                      Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post

NC
                      Thanks so much everyone!!!
                      Originally posted by parsifal View Post

the english translation is on the S/J thread.....
                      --Kate

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                        Head for the Sam/Jack ship thread -> I've translated the meaty parts...

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                          Head for the Sam/Jack ship thread -> I've translated the meaty parts...
                          Niiiiice.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
                            the english translation is on the S/J thread.....
                            Of course it is!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post

Unfortunately I can't save the translated version otherwise I would have shared it with you all. Sorry.
                              Can't anyone interview Amanda without going on about Sam's sex life? Interviews with MS or CJ don't ask the actors about Daniel or Teal'c's romances and relationships, so why is it always brought up? She's more than just the love interest of the leading man, it's selling the strong, interesting woman short again and fulfilling a stereotype about what a character should be.

FF
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                                Can't anyone interview Amanda without going on about Sam's sex life? Interviews with MS or CJ don't ask the actors about Daniel or Teal'c's romances and relationships, so why is it always brought up? She's more than just the love interest of the leading man, it's selling the strong, interesting woman short again and fulfilling a stereotype about what a character should be.

FF
                                To be fair TPTB started it. Probably MS would have been asked about Daniel/Vala relationship...

Comment

Working...
                                X