Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    Are we getting back into the bra discussion?
    Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
    Scarily enough,
    Spoiler:
    I could slip back quite easily onto that subject using 'trainers' as a starting point due to my own undie-buying frustrations, but best not
    Bummer...and I was so ready to add my tid-bit to the conversation...d'oh!!
    Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    i really don't think amanda's capable of looking bad. i showed my mom the pics, and she said like me, amanda's got a sweet and beautiful smile.
    sally
    That's what I say all the time...she's just too gorgeous...and her smile...just makes me smile!!! Your mum is a wise woman Sally!!!..as are you!!
    Originally posted by Mary-Jane View Post
    Hahah agree! I find that most of the time when Americans or the English try to speak with an Australian accent they always sound like they are from New Zealand or South Africa. I must admit it is a difficult accent to nail! "Fesh and Cheps"
    Hehe...when I asked Teryl to do an Aussie accent, I asked her to do it without sounding like a New Zealander...and she couldn't do it...she either came off sounding like a Kiwi or had some weird cockney twist to it!! It's funny coz when I watch tv shows where an American tries to come off as an Aussie...it just sounds sooooo wrong...mind you...I'm probably no good at sounding like an American myself..but my brothers...holy hannah...they are awesome when it comes to accents...my big bro does the best Scottish accent t while my little bro does an awesome American accent!!...I do a great Aussie accent!!!
    Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post
    Captionary
    http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...e/PDVD_186.jpg
    Whoaa, that was good exercise! Ok, who wants to wrestle me next?

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...e/PDVD_187.jpg

No takers? Well then, you're next Major Lorne.
    ...I hurt myself laughing at that...seriously...I'm in pain now!!!!
    Originally posted by rderoch View Post
    And there were some very helpful people on the train that overheard our discussion and pointed us in the right direction.
    I do that...this one time in Melbourne...there were these tourists...American I believe...anyway...the dude trying to give them directions was getting himself confused so I just butted in and told them where to go...nicely of course...you know as in gave them directions...I didn't tell them where to go as in....never mind!!!
    Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
    Hope y'all are having a better week than I am
    Nope. This is my second crappy week so...I bet my week is suckier than yours!!!...although I did have a pretty good day today...I got some much needed praise at work...but not from those I really need it from...had a good old chat with hubby tonight about our impending move...am really really going "zerk" over that....got something in the mail today that I can't discuss...sorry...and got confirmation that my special collectors tin edition of AoT is in the mail as I type...so that was good...but I'm still in pain and work scares me...which in turn scares me more...if that makes sense??:O...but you know what?? I'm still smiling coz life's just too short to cry over the little things...I have a happy healthy family and these really cool friends that i have never met but who make me smile everyday...oh and Advil helps when you take the right dosage!!!
    Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
    Boy have i had the best weekend and best start to the week , i'll start with my weekend
    SUPANOVA-MY FIRST CON
    Supanova was a blast i was like a kid in a candy store i went from fri the 4th to sunday the 6th on the fri i went to the screening of THE ARK OF TRUTH it totaly rocked then on Saterday i got Teryl and Jewel's autograph i was so nervis my hand's were shaking so much i went dressed as Dr Helen Magnus on boath the saterday and sunday then on sunday i got my photo taken with Teryl and Jewel i was so nervis again and then later that afternoon i got to ask Teryl a question but i unfotunitly was unable to ask Jewel as she was unwell , but the whole weekend rocked .
    I'll have full report of the weekend on Sanctuary site this weekend .
    OT:
    Spoiler:
    I got a job WOOHOO !
    You'll have to put your report in the Aussie thread and the aussie convention thread too....that way all Aussies can see it and share anecdotes!!...except for those who gave poor Jewel a hard time about being ill...that was such a disappointment...the poor girl was sick and some dipsticks spread the word she was faking it...how rude!!! (I think I may have gone a little troppo in the aussie thread tonight...I kinda got a little peeved over there...whoops!!:O)
    Glad you had a great time...and congrats on the job!!!!
    the aussie thread for posting about your con experience:
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...29839&page=693
    the aussie con thread for posting about your con experience:
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=50282&page=3

Night night all...going to make hubby a cup of tea and then head to bed...no time for reading much tonight!!
    Take care and have fun!
    (((Samandans)))
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
      Thanks for that scifi_girl...and a fellow country person too! Yay!

I always buy SFX but now I'm doubly excited about the new issue!
      Yup, I'm in Wales too. Yay.

I subscribe to SFX and it arrived a few days early this time, lucky me.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
        Some Sanctuary news. I got this from an SG1 Yahoo group it it applies mostly to the UK.

From Digital Spy...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a9324...fi-series.html

ITV4 is to air a new stylised sci-fi series from the makers of Stargate SG-1.

Sanctuary uses live-action actors with green-screen shooting and CGI
        to create a graphic novel feel along the lines of movie Sin City.

A 13-part series is in production for the Sci Fi Channel in the US.

Dave Fewings, ITV4 channel editor, said it would go to air in the UK
        later this year. He said: "Coming from the team behind Stargate and
        starring Amanda Tapping (Stargate), Sanctuary couldn't have a better
        sci-fi pedigree. It's absolutely at the cutting edge of the genre."

The show began as an internet production in May 2007 and was picked up
        for television after proving a hit.

Sci Fi Channel's Mark Stern said previously: "We were blown away by
        the level of quality they have been able to achieve on a web budget.

"We loved the world they'd created, and we particularly loved their
        approach, since we had been looking for a way to apply the virtual-set
        CGI environment from films like 300 and Sin City to a television
        series."

Mumsey

Thanks for that. I'm glad its going to show on ITV4 cause that's a channel I actually get. I was going watch it when it was on the web but my computer is incredibly slow and it takes forever to download/watch anything.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_girl View Post
          Yup, I'm in Wales too. Yay.

I subscribe to SFX and it arrived a few days early this time, lucky me.
          Lucky you indeed. Thanks again for the heads up about their interview with Amanda.

Originally posted by scifi_girl View Post
          Thanks for that. I'm glad its going to show on ITV4 cause that's a channel I actually get. I was going watch it when it was on the web but my computer is incredibly slow and it takes forever to download/watch anything.
          Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
          Some Sanctuary news. I got this from an SG1 Yahoo group it it applies mostly to the UK.

From Digital Spy...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a9324...fi-series.html

ITV4 is to air a new stylised sci-fi series from the makers of Stargate SG-1.

Sanctuary uses live-action actors with green-screen shooting and CGI
          to create a graphic novel feel along the lines of movie Sin City.

A 13-part series is in production for the Sci Fi Channel in the US.

Dave Fewings, ITV4 channel editor, said it would go to air in the UK
          later this year. He said: "Coming from the team behind Stargate and
          starring Amanda Tapping (Stargate), Sanctuary couldn't have a better
          sci-fi pedigree. It's absolutely at the cutting edge of the genre."

The show began as an internet production in May 2007 and was picked up
          for television after proving a hit.

Sci Fi Channel's Mark Stern said previously: "We were blown away by
          the level of quality they have been able to achieve on a web budget.

"We loved the world they'd created, and we particularly loved their
          approach, since we had been looking for a way to apply the virtual-set
          CGI environment from films like 300 and Sin City to a television
          series."

Mumsey

Thanks for letting us know about that, SWMBOTGSG.

I'll be honest...I'm not happy that ITV have got hold of Sanctuary. I wish that Sci-Fi (UK Sci-Fi that is) or the BBC had gotten hold of it instead.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Darn, not in the UK.... but there was a Continuum interview with Amanda in the stargate magazine's 100 page movie specials issue!

(
            Your "location" has changed but you're in Canada, right? You should be able to find the magazine at MCNally Robinson or Chapters/Indigo but we usually get them much later than the UK.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Ok, I truly believe that RL is trying to kill me. Purpously.

Spoiler:
              Yesterday was long and tiresome, and that's why I was dying to get on GW for a little stress-relief But nooooooooooo, I learn that I have to cut down a paper that's due the next day by almost 2 1/2 pages!?! After I'd worked really hard on it and for once really enjoyed writing it and all. Ya just don't do that to a person! So now it sucks because there's so much I had to leave out..... AND i had a soccer tryout again which threw my exhaustion levels way up again. Plus, some random counsellor person is coming to my school tomorrow to do more sessions and there's a whole group of us that HAVE to go to it....... trust me, if you've had sessions with this woman numer times in the past like I have, poking yourself in the eye repeatedly would be much mofr fun than walking into one of her sessions. Not kidding here.

Hope y'all are having a better week than I am

*weak little hugs to everyone*
              Aw I can relate.
              Spoiler:
              after working really hard on a term paper I got told by the professor my topic was too broad for crying out loud its a term paper it has to be broad. He was crazy gave me a B but couldn't tell me anything constructive as to why except that.

My weekend was busy worked all weekend 12 hours on Sat 6 on Sun sometimes call really is not fun especially at 2:00 am.
              sigpic
              Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

Comment

Hey everyone,

I missed everyone yesterday, I was lurking but didn't have time to post grrr, RL. I read some great stuff though, I loved Amanda's newest pic, she's beautiful as always
                And the tourist talk, LOL, that will be me in London I have no idea where I'm going, add to that my Scottish accent so no one will understand me either. Hehe, can't wait! Oh and no underground/subway for me because I have a phobia of trains and also lifts/elevators, that last one is difficult to avoid with my wheelchair. Ah well, such is life eh

Originally posted by suse View Post
                A sweetheart of a customer (from England but has lived in the US for decades) just cannot do the underground. She gets flashbacks from the WWII shelters.

suse
                Aww that's such a shame that poor woman, it must have been so scary.

And Hugs to anyone who needs one

Julia(samcarterrules)
                sigpic
                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Placebo? SICK!
                  Brian Molko is so pretty (especially when you're standing where you have a clear front view) its untrue Almost makes up for the nightmare journey back

Er, Amanda? Sam? Yep...
                  sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                    Hey everyone,

I missed everyone yesterday, I was lurking but didn't have time to post grrr, RL. I read some great stuff though, I loved Amanda's newest pic, she's beautiful as always
                    And the tourist talk, LOL, that will be me in London I have no idea where I'm going, add to that my Scottish accent so no one will understand me either. Hehe, can't wait!

You know I always have a problem finding the right bus lol. Last time my mom and I kept searching between the different stops, cause we had no idea where to get on. We were just going back and forth, and people just stared lol Those crazy Belgian people *tries to prepare Eve for the trip*

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                      HI SAMANDAN FAMILY ! (HUGS)

Boy have i had the best weekend and best start to the week , i'll start with my weekend

SUPANOVA-MY FIRST CON
                      Supanova was a blast i was like a kid in a candy store i went from fri the 4th to sunday the 6th on the fri i went to the screening of THE ARK OF TRUTH it totaly rocked then on Saterday i got Teryl and Jewel's autograph i was so nervis my hand's were shaking so much i went dressed as Dr Helen Magnus on boath the saterday and sunday then on sunday i got my photo taken with Teryl and Jewel i was so nervis again and then later that afternoon i got to ask Teryl a question but i unfotunitly was unable to ask Jewel as she was unwell , but the whole weekend rocked .
                      I'll have full report of the weekend on Sanctuary site this weekend .

OT:
                      Spoiler:
                      I got a job WOOHOO !
                      Congrats on the job.

Glad you had such a good time at the convention. The news thread on GW has a funny entry from Jewel regarding her illness. Definite breach of con etiquette (not to mention just plain weird) to take pictures of poor actress throwing up!

Comment

Originally posted by mapsc View Post
                        Maybe SciFi also prefers Helen as a blonde. For promotion purposes, they may not want Helen to look THAT much different than Sam. She could start out with dark hair(to re-use the web footage) and than go blonde. With long hair, the accent and Amanda's acting ability, I don't think people will confuse Helen with Sam. I kind of hope that's the way it works out. But I'll watch, regardless.

Mike
                        I could see them sticking with the dark wig for a while to get everyone used to the new character & then have Helen decide to change her hair.
                        Scifi may be afraid people will think Helen is Sam--after all didn't they think people would confuse Daniel & Cam.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                          I could see them sticking with the dark wig for a while to get everyone used to the new character & then have Helen decide to change her hair.
                          Scifi may be afraid people will think Helen is Sam--after all didn't they think people would confuse Daniel & Cam.
                          Yes, they did. Don't understand why, their smilies aren't at all alike !

Have to admit, the first time I saw a picture of Amanda with the dark hair I didn't like it but after I watched Sanctuary I grew (pardon the pun) to like it. I think the change makes it easier to see Helen not Sam. After all, 11 years of Sam watching makes it a bit hard not to see Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            Have to admit, the first time I saw a picture of Amanda with the dark hair I didn't like it but after I watched Sanctuary I grew (pardon the pun) to like it. I think the change makes it easier to see Helen not Sam. After all, 11 years of Sam watching makes it a bit hard not to see Sam.
                            I had the same first thoughts, but I now love Amanda with dark hair. It gives her such class, such elegance—I hope she keeps it, though I'm glad it won't be an (obvious) wig anymore.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                            ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                              Thanks for letting us know about that, SWMBOTGSG.

I'll be honest...I'm not happy that ITV have got hold of Sanctuary. I wish that Sci-Fi (UK Sci-Fi that is) or the BBC had gotten hold of it instead.
                              As long as they don't treat it as a kids' show and hack it about like C4 used to do with Stargate. That really p'd me off! The content is much darker in every sense of the word, and so that shouldn't happen.

Mumsey
                              For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by sofie View Post

You know I always have a problem finding the right bus lol. Last time my mom and I kept searching between the different stops, cause we had no idea where to get on. We were just going back and forth, and people just stared lol Those crazy Belgian people *tries to prepare Eve for the trip*
                                then you are lucky cause I can do busses and subways actually. I would be more worried about me panicking in small and spaces that are closed
                                I am sure we'll do fine And if not we'll ask people eh

Comment

Working...
                                X