Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

Spoiler:
    [I](still remembers an incredibly sad but well written fic called 'out of the ashes')

sally
    Ahem....bad Sally for not linking
    sigpic

Comment

k, so i just read rocky's part 4 post... i guess you really don't find amanda that attractive, do you?

(((rocky)))

you should pop over to the pro sam on atlantis season 4 thread, or whatever it's called. it's loaded with pics of sam, posted by drooling guys.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
        I agree SunKrux with pretty much everything you said. And I'm also not surprised that Amanda said that either, you gotta love her cheeky sense of humor. And you're right, Sci-fi better not do anything to hurt that ass of hers . We'll also start a riot. Could you imagine what would happen?

Sci-fi doesn't own her ass, I do!!!
        No, I do,, keep in mind, I've saved her ass a dozen times, therefore--mine.
        You do not, it is I.
        Fools, A woman as strong and beautiful as her has no time for little boys.
        Whoa, whoa, I think you guys got it backwards, if anyone's ass belongs to anyone it's me.
        Hello, why would she want old, grey-haired men, when she's got a real man?
        Well, I for one have seen her naked--sorta.

(20 minutes later)

Spoiler:

i think you got it right.

(can't green you yet)

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
          Ahem....bad Sally for not linking
          it's an older fic, so i'm not sure where it is...

but let me go look...

(goes to look)

i'm having trouble finding it. the author was alli snow, if that helps.

(keeps looking)

nope, i can't find it.

maybe skydiver can help?

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            it's an older fic, so i'm not sure where it is...

but let me go look...

(goes to look)

i'm having trouble finding it. the author was alli snow, if that helps.

(keeps looking)

nope, i can't find it.

maybe skydiver can help?

sally
            are you sure it was ali snow? we found one by Bren Ren http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2556428/...shes_They_Rise
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
              It was last year the weekend of March 4th, I guess if you weren't on the boards then, you wouldn't have heard about it. Not sure how they advertised it in Toronto though?
              Originally posted by JanSam View Post

Yeah, I wasn't a GW member yet, or I SO would've been there in a heart beat. Do you know where it was in Toronto? Watch it have been a 5 minute drive for me or something ridiculous like that....oh well *sigh*
              --Kate

Comment

Just dropping by to say Happy Birthday to Famantha!!

Comment

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
                  Yeah, I wasn't a GW member yet, or I SO would've been there in a heart beat. Do you know where it was in Toronto? Watch it have been a 5 minute drive for me or something ridiculous like that....oh well *sigh*
                  there were 2 shows, the Saturday show was at the theatre in mental health place, can't remember the name, I think it was somewhere on Bloor and the Sunday show was at a night club called the Phoenix.

and I dug up the forum where we discussed it http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=40135
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

are you sure it was ali snow? we found one by Bren Ren http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2556428/...shes_They_Rise
                    i'm 99 percent sure. i'm remembering jonas being in it, so it was written in s6. i also remember begging alli to write a sequel, but she didn't want to and said i could. i wanted *her* vision of the sequel, but i did one in my head.

i looked in two places for the fic (not fanfiction.net) that i thought it might be, but couldn't find it.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

I read a passage in a Tanya Huff book which mentioned Amanda a few years ago, and I finally managed to dig it out again so that I could share it with you. This is from the book Long Hot Summoning which is the third in a series. The books in this particular series aren’t my favorite Huff books, but this passage jumped out at me for some strange reason.

“As far as Diana was concerned, all high schools needed Keepers. Nothing poked holes in the fabric of reality faster than a few thousand hormonally challenged teenagers all crammed into one ugly cinder-block building. Unattended, that was exactly the sort of situation likely to create the kind of person who developed an operating system that crashed every time someone attempted to download an Amanda Tapping screen saver.”

IMO, TH does a really good job presenting strong female characters. You might be familiar with some of her other books, including the Blood series. The show Blood Ties was based on those books, and, starred Christina Cox, who was in the SG-1 episode The Sentinel.

If you like to read books with kick-a** female soldiers like Sam, try out TH’s Valor series, about Staff Sergeant Torin Kerr’s adventures.

NC

Comment

there were 2 shows, the Saturday show was at the theatre in mental health place, can't remember the name, I think it was somewhere on Bloor and the Sunday show was at a night club called the Phoenix.

and I dug up the forum where we discussed it http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=40135
                        Bloor Street? dude, I could walk to there if I wanted to!! sure, it'd take a long time, but that's how freaking close I was to Amanda and i didn't even know it!!! And The Phoenix.... I've passed by there I think...... man, if only I was on GW in march....*sigh*

off to bed now.

(((Samandas)))
                        --Kate

Comment

Sally, is this what you're looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                            *surfaces for air in between posts*

Good LORD, man!

Personally, I think that would be a terrible breach of Amanda's privacy. Amanda has obviously chosen to keep Olivia out of the spotlight, and that should be respected.

We all coo over babies and children, that's normal, I suppose. And I guess that it would be weird from Amanda's perspective not to have SOME fawning over Olivia, because it's human nature. But a photo? You don't know the child or anything to do with her, you know?

Anyway, just my opinion. I wouldn't want a photo taken with Olivia. I just think it's way, WAY too personal.

yeah, IF, and i mean IF olivia and alan accompany amanda i hope that folks do like they did at shore leave....leave them alone and respect their privacy. this means no photos, no..i don't mean don't talk to her if she walks through the lobby, say hi, but then leave her alone and acknowledge that she's 'off the clock' and let her and her family have time.

Amanda has very consciously kept her daughter out of the limelight and i respect that. Wave hi, say hi, but keep the cameras put away.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

did alli write it? the salmonczar is her site, also check out www.sjhw.net and see if it's there
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                                Sally, is this what you're looking for?
                                yes. i had the name wrong.

there you go, jansam. i can't read it, though, because it depresses me so.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X