Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
    Damn. That's me out for the count, then.
    You're the 'good creepy' though.

I was talking about the 'bad creepy'

I'll hug 'good creepy'

Comment

ROFL.... funny conversation here at home....

Amy: Sure Amanda would be impressed by the tampon brand discussion. At least we're not comparing brands.
      Me: I'm sure that can be done.
      Amy: What, discussing what brand Sam trusted to take off world? How did she deal with stomach cramps whilst in a Goa'uld prison?

Girls, I think we have a new discussion for the evening
      Little ficlet I have posted before but it is relevant to tonights discussion....

In spoiler: Bullets..

Spoiler:
      "Major Carter, I discovered this in your pack, What kind of ammunition is this?"
      Teal'c held up the a small bullet shaped object between his fingers examining it quizzically.
      Carter flushed bright red and snatched the package of cotton wool from his hand "Teal'c!" she exclaimed, "Don't go rummaging around in my stuff like that."
      O'Neill and Jackson snig gerd.
      "I do not understand, Major Carter. Did I say something amusing, Colonel O'Neill?"
      "Nope," O'Neill struggled to keep a straight face.
      "Then maybe you can enlighten me as to the type of weapon that uses such ammunition. I have not come across it before"
      "Major? Would you like to explain?"
      Carter was rummaging in her pack looking for the matches. "No sir, I do not care to explain. Here, Teal'c, matches."
      "Thank you, but I do not still understand…"
      "No," she said, "just leave me out of this, I'm going to bed."
      She rose and crawled into her tent.
      Teal'c watched her go. "Have I said something to upset, Major Carter? She appears displeased with me."
      O'Neill smirked, "Don't worry, Teal'c, she'll get over it."
      He tilted his head. "My initial question remains. What manner of ammunition was that?"
      "Daniel?"
      "Okay, I guess I can explain... It’s… a woman's thing."
      "Yeah, a woman's thing." O'Neill agreed.
      His head tilted again as he thought about it. "What do they shoot?"
      "Oh for gods sake, Danny." Sam poked her head out of her tent. " It's not ammunition, Teal'c its used for soaking up blood. Now can we just drop it and go to sleep?" she disappeared again.
      "Blood? I do not have these items in my medical kit. Are you injured, major Carter?"
      A stifled scream rumbled from the tent.
      "Err, well, that would be because…." Danny struggled with it for a few moments. "I don't know much about biology but, were there times when Drey-Auc would bleed?"
      Teal'c thought for a few moments. "It is called the brec-tri"
      "Well women on earth call them periods and some of them use those things when they're having one."
      "I am still confused…"
      "We're not discussing it anymore!" Carter called out. "Ask Fraiser when we get back. Topic closed. Discussion over, now go to sleep."
      O'Neill and Jackson exchanged glances. "Did Sha-uri get PMT?" he whispered
      "Oh yeah, Sara?"
      "So bad I used to just stay out of the way."
      "PMT?" Teal'c asked.
      "I said, topic closed." she snapped from inside the tent.
      O'Neill hushed them with his finger. "Goodnight, Major." he called sweetly.
      Later he mouthed. "Teal'c, you got first watch."
      "Yes, Colonel."
      "Goodnight then."
      Sam rummaged in the pack pulling out another of the packages that had worked free of their pocket. Her embarrassment subsiding she smiled and shook her head.
      Bullets…

Becks

Comment

Amy: Sure Amanda would be impressed by the tampon brand discussion. At least we're not comparing brands.
        Amy: What, discussing what brand Sam trusted to take off world? How did she deal with stomach cramps whilst in a Goa'uld prison?

Riiiight...Well...errr...as much...*fun* as it sounds to join in that discussion I'm afraid I'm gonna have to pass. You see this guy's already arranged to...errr...go watch a DVD and...errr...play some PC snooker *and* smash a weather station (thank you Homer Simpson for that escape suggestion). So I hope you all have as much fun talking about Tampons as I will ignoring your talk about Tampons.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
          So, it's finally here. My 2000th post! Hooray!

Yayz! You finally got there just after I left for work! Cheeky...

YAY 'manda!

Originally posted by Bekah See View Post
          ah, if only Amanda could see us now... i'm sure she'd be so proud!
          Ooooober proud.

Originally posted by Bekah See View Post
          so how does that work exactly??
          We were born at 11.50pm and 12.06am on different days. So our parties were sleep overs

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
          Lol. I suck! Big time. I have no comment on the carefree. Other than Me no likie
          Dude, are we going to have to have a tampon battle?

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
          Edit: LOL! We are the same person cause that's the exact picture I was going to post...
          Dude, we gave up having separate identities years ago

Yay! I love hugs.

Unless you're creepy.
          *waggles eyebrows*

Hey Amanda, how you dooin'?
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
            Riiiight...Well...errr...as much...*fun* as it sounds to join in that discussion I'm afraid I'm gonna have to pass. You see this guy's already arranged to...errr...go watch a DVD and...errr...play some PC snooker *and* smash a weather station (thank you Homer Simpson for that escape suggestion). So I hope you all have as much fun talking about Tampons as I will ignoring your talk about Tampons.
            Uh oh, well in this case maybe Becky can be convinced to write a fic about
            Jack discussing his prostate problems with Sam
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post

NC
              Ditto from me as well! Hope you had an awesome day with lots and lots of spoiling. Oh and cake. Gotta have cake. *nods*

So, it's finally here. My 2000th post! Hooray!

And to honor this occasion I bring goodies.

firstly, my new avatar and matching sig:

And secondly, a little vid I made. I was bored one night and decided to find out what I could do with my iSight camera, iMovie and some charcoal and paper.

This is the result:

Clicky for video
              First off...YAY on the milestone!! Sam gabbing and still going...nice!

Very lovely avatar and sig banner m'dear. Color is perfect for the fooeyness of it too. Oh, and that's a compliment btw.

Loved the vid you made as well. You draw amazingly well! I draw too, but never as good as you do and prolly never will be as I can never keep my focus on any one 'thing' for long to really excel at it. hehe

She would totally take OB without the applicator since they are small and discrete and won't take up extra room in her pack

As for cramps while imprisioned... hrmmmmm... that's a tough one.
              Perhaps she's one of the few females on this planet who don't ever, ever get cramps, hence no need for any kind of meds to kill the pain. Won't tell you who another is. *looks innocent*

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
              Well looking at the list, I am one of only four or five Cancerians.

Hard shells with very soft and vulnerable insides.

Mumsey (a typical crab)
              I'm one too...Cancer that is, though I like to think that hard shell is not just for hiding behind. It's tough enough to keep others out AND from poking around where they shouldn't be in the first place.

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
              Little ficlet I have posted before but it is relevant to tonights discussion....

In spoiler: Bullets..

Spoiler:
              "Major Carter, I discovered this in your pack, What kind of ammunition is this?"
              Teal'c held up the a small bullet shaped object between his fingers examining it quizzically.
              Carter flushed bright red and snatched the package of cotton wool from his hand "Teal'c!" she exclaimed, "Don't go rummaging around in my stuff like that."
              O'Neill and Jackson snig gerd.
              "I do not understand, Major Carter. Did I say something amusing, Colonel O'Neill?"
              "Nope," O'Neill struggled to keep a straight face.
              "Then maybe you can enlighten me as to the type of weapon that uses such ammunition. I have not come across it before"
              "Major? Would you like to explain?"
              Carter was rummaging in her pack looking for the matches. "No sir, I do not care to explain. Here, Teal'c, matches."
              "Thank you, but I do not still understand…"
              "No," she said, "just leave me out of this, I'm going to bed."
              She rose and crawled into her tent.
              Teal'c watched her go. "Have I said something to upset, Major Carter? She appears displeased with me."
              O'Neill smirked, "Don't worry, Teal'c, she'll get over it."
              He tilted his head. "My initial question remains. What manner of ammunition was that?"
              "Daniel?"
              "Okay, I guess I can explain... It’s… a woman's thing."
              "Yeah, a woman's thing." O'Neill agreed.
              His head tilted again as he thought about it. "What do they shoot?"
              "Oh for gods sake, Danny." Sam poked her head out of her tent. " It's not ammunition, Teal'c its used for soaking up blood. Now can we just drop it and go to sleep?" she disappeared again.
              "Blood? I do not have these items in my medical kit. Are you injured, major Carter?"
              A stifled scream rumbled from the tent.
              "Err, well, that would be because…." Danny struggled with it for a few moments. "I don't know much about biology but, were there times when Drey-Auc would bleed?"
              Teal'c thought for a few moments. "It is called the brec-tri"
              "Well women on earth call them periods and some of them use those things when they're having one."
              "I am still confused…"
              "We're not discussing it anymore!" Carter called out. "Ask Fraiser when we get back. Topic closed. Discussion over, now go to sleep."
              O'Neill and Jackson exchanged glances. "Did Sha-uri get PMT?" he whispered
              "Oh yeah, Sara?"
              "So bad I used to just stay out of the way."
              "PMT?" Teal'c asked.
              "I said, topic closed." she snapped from inside the tent.
              O'Neill hushed them with his finger. "Goodnight, Major." he called sweetly.
              Later he mouthed. "Teal'c, you got first watch."
              "Yes, Colonel."
              "Goodnight then."
              Sam rummaged in the pack pulling out another of the packages that had worked free of their pocket. Her embarrassment subsiding she smiled and shook her head.
              Bullets…

Becks
              hehe...read this back in August I think when this topic came up then and my reaction is the same.

Combination of... and euwwww!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                Uh oh, well in this case maybe Becky can be convinced to write a fic about
                Jack discussing his prostate problems with Sam
                NO!

I'm sorry for starting this conversation in the first place... gah.

So, in other news... it's orientation week at university. Lectures don't start until next week, but I look enough like a first year to walk through campus scooping up free stuff. Hell yeah!
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                  NO!

I'm sorry for starting this conversation in the first place... gah.

So, in other news... it's orientation week at university. Lectures don't start until next week, but I look enough like a first year to walk through campus scooping up free stuff. Hell yeah!
                  Way to keep it on topic, Neep.
                  sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
                  Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by sofie View Post
                    *wonders if she's the only scorpion*
                    You are not alone. In fact, we're on the same day!
                    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                    Anon

Comment

Yayz! You finally got there just after I left for work! Cheeky...

YAY 'manda!
                      Yay me!

*waggles eyebrows*

Hey Amanda, how you dooin'?
                      *sly wink* I'm doing good. How you dooin?

You are also one of the 'creepy good' peeps

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                      First off...YAY on the milestone!! Sam gabbing and still going...nice!

Very lovely avatar and sig banner m'dear. Color is perfect for the fooeyness of it too. Oh, and that's a compliment btw.

Loved the vid you made as well. You draw amazingly well! I draw too, but never as good as you do and prolly never will be as I can never keep my focus on any one 'thing' for long to really excel at it. hehe
                      I too have a short attention span. That vid is about 20 minutes worth of footage that was sped up to 45 seconds. When I watched it, I noticed that I tend to jump around a lot in my drawing. A little bit here, then move on to another bit, then back to the first and on to a third and back to the second. The system seems to work. Though I *still* haven't finished that drawing.

Comment

Did up a few screencaps from the MGM promo video on Ark of Truth (nothign really spoilerish). Stuck up one of Amanda at

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=678

and the rest are linked there.

Comment

But you know, I'm sure that is an issue...

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          (Wonders why there aren't more guys on this thread )
                          Originally posted by Alan View Post
                          Proud of you Alan for making a dignified exit from the room rather than running away.

Now for something completely different-- how about Sam saving the day in Foothold today? One of the things I love about the ep is the way Amanda played her being kind of sick from the drugs and then having to climb the ladder 20? floors to get out of the base.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post

Now for something completely different-- how about Sam saving the day in Foothold today? One of the things I love about the ep is the way Amanda played her being kind of sick from the drugs and then having to climb the ladder 20? floors to get out of the base.
                            Oh one of the top rated Sam episodes, I love that one! And Amanda played that making sure she paid attention to the little details, like how Sam felt at different times in the episode
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                              I love Foothold. Amanda just makes you feel Sam's weariness in the meet up with Maybourne....and of course her great ad lib line ever..."Maybourne your an idiot everyday; why couldn't you take one day off!"

Spoiler:

Oh and the "stare down she gives them as they leave the cafe"

Spoiler:

Last edited by JanSam; 19 February 2008, 05:51 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh Alan!!!!

It's safe to come back now
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X