• Show
Clear All

I've got another one for the 5-word challenge:
    1. PLEASE

2. DON'T

3. LEAVE

4. STARGATE

5. ATLANTIS!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
      I loved that moment. The friendliness between the two of them.
      I think she might have said d*** it a few times. Solitudes when the dhd wouldn't work?
      I liked that scene too. I thought Sam and Jonas had a lot of great scenes.

Go Sam and Jonas

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
        I liked that scene too. I thought Sam and Jonas had a lot of great scenes.

Go Sam and Jonas
        Me too. I miss any type of team comradery.

suse
        Last edited by suse; 21 January 2008, 04:08 PM.
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Don't apologize for not mulit-quoting. I actually prefer single posts as my slow mind can't handle too much at once!
          good lol, cause i also gotta up my post count a wee bit... i'll figure it out at some point but not right now lmao!

OH.. we got our tickey numbers for Gatecon!! not sure exactly how but we're 520, 521. Not sure how their order numbers co-ordinate with the ticketting becuase my order number was 1993, and Someone else who had 1989 had tickies 450ish...

ah well, i'm sure there isnt a bad seat in the area..

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
            1. PLEASE

2. DON'T

3. LEAVE

4. STARGATE

5. ATLANTIS!
            Good one!

Comment

1. PLEASE

2. DON'T

3. LEAVE

4. STARGATE

5. ATLANTIS!
              Nice one Alan

Julia(samcarterrules)
              sigpic
              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by The-rage View Post
                OH.. we got our tickey numbers for Gatecon!! not sure exactly how but we're 520, 521. Not sure how their order numbers co-ordinate with the ticketting becuase my order number was 1993, and Someone else who had 1989 had tickies 450ish...

ah well, i'm sure there isnt a bad seat in the area..
                Internet order numbers are sometimes time-based or completely random. Trying to work out ticket numbers from them is usually not worth the time spent. Being farther back in the room doesn't usually matter too much. There's always the big screen so you can see the guest's faces clearly from wherever you sit.

Kay aka Mumsey
                Lucky enough to have bought her ticket before RDA was announced.
                For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Good one!
                  Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                  Nice one Alan

Julia(samcarterrules)
                  Thank you.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Here's a question for everyone:

Has Sam ever cursed on screen during SG1 or Atlantis?

I can remember only one time where she said the word but a klaxon prevented you from hearing it (when Sam and Jonas were walking down the hall and Jonas wanted Sam to tell a nurse he liked her). Because you can't hear it, I don't count this one.

Were there any other times?
                    She's actually said d*** or D***it several times over the years, but I haven't heard anything else. She might have said A** a couple of times. I dunno.

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                    It is difficult when you work with a big group of guys to not pick up their habits and in particular their swearing...I should know..in our department there are 60ish guys and five women....but like AT I find that well...that just aint me. *adjusts halo*

besides...if you hardly swear at all you get a much bigger reaction when you do
                    Too true! I try really hard not to swear, but after I've smacked my head on a light or on the top of the car AGAIN, it just kinda pops out. and you should see the looks i get! It's pretty funny, actually.
                    sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
                    Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

1. PLEASE

2. DON'T

3. LEAVE

4. STARGATE

5. ATLANTIS!

Thanks Alan. My sentiment exactly.

I also love the ones already given by others.

Here are my 5:

Sam, Captain, Major, Colonel, General?

Comment

Originally posted by Über View Post
                        Well Amanda's Canadian...but Carter is an American. Although I do randomly hear a little Canadian twinge.
                        Canadian 'twinge'?
                        What the heck is the Cdn twinge???

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                        Oh I can confuse Alan more....

Nope.

That makes her a Canadian actress born in Britain playing an American character in an American series filmed by Canadians
                        ...in Canada, no less!
                        hehehe...

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                        what twinge, I don't hear any twinge
                        me neither

Originally posted by Über View Post
                        That's because you're a Canadian eh.
                        Oooh - them's fighting words!

So all those times she says "ZeePM" is actually acting American. Woah!

When exactly have you heard this Canadian "twinge"? I gotta tell ya being British as I am and please there is absolutely no offence intended here but...American and Canadian sound alike...to me at least. Canadian and American accents don't sound as different as a Newcastle accent is to a Scottish accent. Or is it just a very subtle difference or does Amanda really have to act to surpress it? But then that can't be right otherwise she's been acting at conventions because she still sounds exactly the same as herself as she does as Sam on TV.
                        The accents depend on where in North America the person in from, geographically-speaking. There is a relatively common 'border' accent which makes it difficult to tell whether the person is from North or South of that divide. Having now lived in England for 2.5 years, I've gotten relatively used to people not being able to tell where I'm from (heck, some days I'm happy if they guess the continent correct, let alone the country)! Although, to be fair, I've always been bad for (good at?) picking up accents, so after 2.5 years, 2 of which was spent living near Newcastle, I now have what we lovingly call a 'Mid-Atlantic' accent...

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                        Hehe, I can tell the difference! When I worked in the bookstore I worked with someone who would always ask customers where in America they were from. Several times I jumped in and said "s/he's Canadian!" They were usually impressed, and found it funny that I couldn't tell *where* in Canada they were from.

Oh, but my trainer at my new job was born in Toronto and I picked it even though she has lived all over the world *feels proud*
                        Go you!!!

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                        Sure...I'm easy
                        I'm not sure if you should be announcing that to the world somehow....

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        i hear it on the 'o's'

like in forsaken when she yells into the ship 'hello'

she does it with that little singsong note that canucks do.

I was kinda impressed with an accent ear. I can't always pick them out or place them, but we were watching Twister Sisters and listening to one of them talk and i said 'and she's from the north' and the guy i was watching it with said 'yeah, she's from minnesota'

the minnesota and canadian accent are pretty similar on teh surface
                        See my above comment about the 'border' accent.
                        On a personal note, where I'm from is actually further South than most of Minnesota

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                        Um...have you noticed, O's are round
                        *snort*
                        Thank you Mandy - I needed that

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                        AT and I share the same favorite swear word (from what I remember you telling me). It's just so useful!
                        One of my high school English teachers once spent the better part of an hour teaching us about "the most versatile word in the English language" ... which I'm guessing, from the context of your 5-word challenge submission, happens to be your favourite word
                        ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                        ames on facebook
                        ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

i loved the sam and jonas relationship simply because jonas' presence allowed sam to change.

she was a co-worker to daniel. equal and compatriot. but with jonas, she got to be a big sister and more of a mentoring relationship then equals.

i like how jonas allowed her to loosen up a bit
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                            Oh I can confuse Alan more....

Nope.

That makes her a Canadian actress born in Britain playing an American character in an American series filmed by Canadians

*sobs* I need cake.

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                              See my above comment about the 'border' accent.
                              On a personal note, where I'm from is actually further South than most of Minnesota

One of my high school English teachers once spent the better part of an hour teaching us about "the most versatile word in the English language" ... which I'm guessing, from the context of your 5-word challenge submission, happens to be your favourite word
                              People do tend to generalize a Canadian accent a bit too much.

Though I can pull out a pretty stereotypical Minnesotan accent, I really didn't talk like that growing up. The flavor was there, but in the cities it is not nearly as strong as it is out in the sticks (think Fargo (the movie)).

On a random note, I think I've had like 5 people at work ask me if I was Canadian. Don't know how much that has to do with how I talk and how much has to do with the 'Vancouver' hoodie I always wear.

And yes, I do believe you've figured out my favorite word So very versatile.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                                People do tend to generalize a Canadian accent a bit too much.

Though I can pull out a pretty stereotypical Minnesotan accent, I really didn't talk like that growing up. The flavor was there, but in the cities it is not nearly as strong as it is out in the sticks (think Fargo (the movie)).

On a random note, I think I've had like 5 people at work ask me if I was Canadian. Don't know how much that has to do with how I talk and how much has to do with the 'Vancouver' hoodie I always wear.

And yes, I do believe you've figured out my favorite word So very versatile.
                                Have you by any chance started adding an extra U to your words
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X