Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
    HEY SAMANDANS!!! I have an idea....

Here's the thing...since it appears that most of us celebrate Christmas, CHannukah, Kwanza or any of the other holidays this time of year I think it would be a fabulous idea to list the 12 things we'd like to see Sam or Amanda get for Christmas.

Ok here you go...

On the first day of Christmas Sam/Amanda will receive....
    One life time supply of blue jello

Next?

Her own F-302

Comment

[

Next?
      On the second day of Christmas Sam/Amanda will receive...
      A pair of blinkers to keep her eyes off the negative threads,
      And One life time supply of blue jello.

Next?
      For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

oooo! Just noticed that my next posting will be my 200th. It'll be a special one over at the Gabit thread (I was going to say tomorrow, but it's been 'tomorrow' for two hours already!)

Kay aka Mumsey
        Orf to me bed. Nighty night kiddies.
        For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

New video with Amanda up on MGM's site

Amanda Tapping on McKay Character
          Last edited by tsaxlady; 03 December 2007, 06:25 PM.
          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by heliosphere View Post
            The last Atlantis episode felt a little weird without Sam being really involved in the plot. I know it was probably so she could have her time off and film or rest, but it was like this gaping hole to me. I actually felt her missing.

I hope they don't chain her to administration now rather than let her enjoy science!

i'm rather glad sam wasn't in friday's (miller's crossing) episode. it's too controversial, and it's a nice change of pace having some other character being bashed.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coley View Post
              Hi everyone. Just delurking to post on a Cult Times interview with Amanda. I'm not sure if this is old news or not. I only saw the magazine today - not sure how long it has been on the newstands. Anyway it is a fairly long interview with Amanda done just before the end of filming season 4. I only skimmed through the article as I really don't want to see spoilers. 2 items of note were that Amanda said she was looking forward to having 3 weeks off to be full time mum, but also said she had recently been on Gateworld to the New and Improved Anti Carter in Season 4 thread. (((Amanda))). I know a few people sent supporting fan mail to her at the start of the season, but I guess anyone who feels inclined to send further support now episodes have aired I'm sure she would greatly appreciate it!!
              why are we, as humans, attracted to finding out the bad in what ppl think of us? (((amanda))) i think, if i were in her place, i'd check things out like that a time or two as well. of course, as a fan i have (a time or two), and it's just filled with hate. no real debating or critiquing, just hating. from what i saw.

now, amanda, stay away from the hate!

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                This is one of Amy's copies (mine is shinier! lol)

Spoiler:

These sets were handmade by a friend of Amy's. Originally there were four sets and both myself and Amy's cousin were besotted with it, so she made a couple more copies. At the moment, we own three sets between us.
                Ooh very nice indeed! heh..you have a "monopoly" on the few SG-1 games in existence. harhar

Hi everyone. Just delurking to post on a Cult Times interview with Amanda. I'm not sure if this is old news or not. I only saw the magazine today - not sure how long it has been on the newstands. Anyway it is a fairly long interview with Amanda done just before the end of filming season 4. I only skimmed through the article as I really don't want to see spoilers. 2 items of note were that Amanda said she was looking forward to having 3 weeks off to be full time mum, but also said she had recently been on Gateworld to the New and Improved Anti Carter in Season 4 thread. (((Amanda))). I know a few people sent supporting fan mail to her at the start of the season, but I guess anyone who feels inclined to send further support now episodes have aired I'm sure she would greatly appreciate it!!
                Please delurk more! Samandan's are trained to not bite, tickle or tease...much.

I don't think I've seen the article myself so it's very timely to me. Thanks for the info on what AT is up to. It's always nice to see/hear things on her personal life. Brings her down to life-size if you know what I mean.

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                I was thinking about SG games the other day, I'd love to see a SG trivia DVD game

Julia(samcarterrules)
                Ooh like those games that have been out for a few years..think they're called "Scene It?' That would be pretty dang cool if they made one like that. Would make an excellent choice for game night *nods*..though come to think of it, I might win every time as most of my friends either don't watch the series or only show a passing interest in it. *sigh*

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post

Thanks! I just love McKay. AT described his character spot on. Is there anything she can't do?

Ot
                Spoiler:
                Went out to my favorite Japanese restaurant tonight with a friend before bouldering. I soo love sushi! My friend wasn't too happy though. I ordered her some Tuna avocado rolls thinking it was one of the relatively "safe" things for her to try for the first time but she still couldnt eat it. Ah well. She did like the Miso soup though. *shrug* Oh, bouldering rocked too though my arms are totally sore...but in a good 'i love exercise' way. Was a fun night and dang did I need it. Ooh and tomorrow is my "date" with Angie. whee..can't wait.

Comment

I had to create when my muse (Marguerite is her name) hit me upside the head. Hopefully the person I created for will like it.
                  Your muse plays rough!

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post
                  In case you're lurking,

NC
                  Happy Belated Birthday!

Originally posted by heliosphere View Post
                  The last Atlantis episode felt a little weird without Sam being really involved in the plot. I know it was probably so she could have her time off and film or rest, but it was like this gaping hole to me. I actually felt her missing.

I hope they don't chain her to administration now rather than let her enjoy science!
                  Ditto for me.

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                  This is one of Amy's copies (mine is shinier! lol)
                  These sets were handmade by a friend of Amy's. Originally there were four sets and both myself and Amy's cousin were besotted with it, so she made a couple more copies. At the moment, we own three sets between us.
                  Wow, very impressive! Hand made metal pieces? Holy Hannah!

WTF.

Grrrrrrrrrrr.

But YAY! for Mommy time, family time, time off!!

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                  P.S. Sky, I'll save you some time. *as I flog myself with the wet noodle* We are not to worry what others are posting. We are not to worry what others are posting. We are not to worry......
                  LOL.

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                  Yea, they have done a good job bringing Sam in so she hasn't been stepping on anyone's toes. And Amanda has done a marvellous job playing Sam as the new leader... and I want more Sam in Atlantis too
                  More Sam would be great.

[i]
                  HEY SAMANDANS!!! I have an idea....

Here's the thing...since it appears that most of us celebrate Christmas, CHannukah, Kwanza or any of the other holidays this time of year I think it would be a fabulous idea to list the 12 things we'd like to see Sam or Amanda get for Christmas.

Ok here you go...

Next?
                  On the fourth day of Christmas, Sam will recieve...
                  Her own APLIS.
                  Her own F302.
                  A pair of blinkers to keep her eyes off the negative threads,
                  And One life time supply of blue jello.

Last edited by tagger; 03 December 2007, 07:45 PM.
                  Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                  Quint Studer

Comment

thanks for the heads up

hey, how about, when y'all are making out your christmas cards, how about you toss one in the mail to amanda?

Amanda Tapping
                    c/o Bridge Studios
                    2400 Boundary Road
                    Burnaby, BC V5M 3Z3

Give her a little Samanda Lurve for the holidays
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      thanks for the heads up

hey, how about, when y'all are making out your christmas cards, how about you toss one in the mail to amanda?

Amanda Tapping
                      c/o Bridge Studios
                      2400 Boundary Road
                      Burnaby, BC V5M 3Z3

Neat idea! I have yet to send mine out so adding one more name to the list is definitely not a problem to do. I'm forever the procrastinator. Anyway, It would be pretty cool to see AT personally opening up our cards and getting a smile from them. She's so amazing and has put lots of smiles on my face this year. Only fitting to return the favor.
                      Last edited by Celandine; 03 December 2007, 07:56 PM. Reason: Where's a "be" when you need one?

Comment

and on a slightly less light note, DJ posted this in her LJ. It was friends locked, but she also asked for folks to let others know where she was, so i don't think i'm breaking a confidence by posting it here

deejay435I haven't been online for a while. I don't know when I'll get back regularly. Things are pretty bad in my family right now. We're trying to deal with that issue, and the stress is horribly high. I have a good friend who is going into hospice and it's not looking like long for him. And on top of all that, my cat died suddenly this week.

I appreciate any prayers you can spare for my father and my friend.

And if those of you reading this can let my other online friends know I won't be around for a while, I'd appreciate it.

----

so, anyone that has a free moment, you might want to drop a few virtual hugs her way. Just to let her know that we're here and we're thinking of her
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post

ooh thanks for that *toddles off to watch*

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                          Please delurk more! Samandan's are trained to not bite, tickle or tease...much. <snip>
                          but we do lick

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          thanks for the heads up

Amanda Tapping
                          c/o Bridge Studios
                          2400 Boundary Road
                          Burnaby, BC V5M 3Z3

Ooh good plan batman! Why not 'ey?
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                          My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Okay, I might be the only one who gets this. Was watching Off the Grid tonight, and besides the busty Sam to ogle over as well as a few hilarious lines, I couldnt help but chuckle at this scene where sg-1 is beamed aboard Ba'al's ship to 'rescue' the stolen stargates. The way they just freeze and as if timed, shift poses on cue...it was hilarious.

Am I crazy or does this cap have an uncanny resemblance to the old Charlie's Angel's poster from eons ago? Albeit plus one, but it definitely gave me pause as well as a nice lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                              Okay, I might be the only one who gets this. Was watching Off the Grid tonight, and besides the busty Sam to ogle over as well as a few hilarious lines, I couldnt help but chuckle at this scene where sg-1 is beamed aboard Ba'al's ship to 'rescue' the stolen stargates. The way they just freeze and as if timed, shift poses on cue...it was hilarious.

Am I crazy or does this cap have an uncanny resemblance to the old Charlie's Angel's poster from eons ago? Albeit plus one, but it definitely gave me pause as well as a nice lol.

LOL!! Oh, that's funny

I remember thinking that pose was familiar, but never figured out where it was from. Some cool fight scenes in that episode, definitely. I thought maybe the first Star Wars movie poster from 1977. But this one is better

So who is who? Mitchell as Bosley? Sam as Farrah Fawcett or Cheryl Ladd? Daniel as Kate Jackson? Teal'c as the other one (forget the name)?

Comment

HI

Originally Posted by Coley
                                I could never be Anti anything, iv dropped into the Anti Carter thread and some of the things people have said are pritty harsh not just about her character i dont understand people at times .

Amanda is awsome and i love seeing her in SG-1, Atlantis and Sanctuary and i cant wait to see more and her other projects in the future Amanda is a great role model for young and old she has the wramest smile and the best laugh .

When i'm sad i put an eps on or a movie with Amanda in it and she cheers me up makes me laugh Amanda is the best (cyber hugs)

Originally Posted by Skydiver
                                thanks for the heads up

Amanda Tapping
                                c/o Bridge Studios
                                2400 Boundary Road
                                Burnaby, BC V5M 3Z3

I got a card picked out

THE TAPPINATOR ROCKS WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!
                                AMANDA IS NO 1
                                sigpic
                                (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Working...
                                X