Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ran across another photo of Amanda at Vidfest on Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kk/1499886530/

Hopefully I'll get to sit down later this afternoon and get to watch the completed version of Lifeline. I can't wait for next week for Reunion!!
    -

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
      Jan stole the NOODLE

Why the earth will stop spinning,
      The Ocean's will dry up,
      and Rodney will stop whinging
      you say that like it's a bad thing????

the whinging that is

or cessation thereof
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        Sam is a natural teacher, IMHO. When she explains her projects I always think of her as going into teacher mode. The cadets would all clamor for her classes at the AF Academy, despite the fact that she'd be tough.
        i almost see her running the academy..or part of it.

sigpic

Comment

sorry about the fic guys. I'll look for that little padlock before i post links

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch
            A Polar Bear Story.
            Spoiler:

Stuart Brown describes Norbert Rosing's striking images of a wild polar bear playing with sled dogs in the wilds of Canada's Hudson Bay. The photographer was sure that he was going to see the end of his huskies when the polar bear materialized out of the blue, as it were:

Obviously it was a well-fed Bear...

The Polar Bear returned every night that week to play with the dogs..

Psssst!! No pics, just tripod logo!!
            -

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
              Lots of energy on the forum with the start-up of SGA. Some great photocaps too! Thanks, everybody, here and the other threads.

In meantime, this is OT but it's dedicated to scifithinker, nearlycircular, jckfan55, tsaxlady, and many other Samandans who, as teachers, do make a difference ...

http://www.makeadifferencemovie.com/

I read this story ages ago but now someone has made a film of it. Touches the heartstrings. Cheesy? Maybe, for some folks. But I think it's the other side to the teacher's rap/slam which scifithinker posted here. That was funny as hell and great. This is quietly inspiring.

Kinda like McKay and Carter, one in-your-face and the other, grace under pressure.

Enjoy!

Getting back to Sam, what do you see her doing once she retires from the USAF and SGC? Will she be a teacher in her later years?
              I don't know. I always saw Sam as publishing after she's through with the Air Force. I suppose, as a Professor at MIT or the Academy she'd have to publish as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                Now, if we can only see or hear something about her personal life doing as well with a certain Major General...well...her life would be grand as far as I'm concerned.
                Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
                I'm so glad we're on the same page here....
                But shhh... we need to keep the ship quiet so that we don't get in trouble *here*
                *runs over to J/S ship thread.*
                Ok...this is a bit...well not quite bit, but more very Sam/Jack ship so I'll put it in spoilers for those who don't like to read anything pertaining to the ship...
                Spoiler:
                I would like to see Sam and Jack have a child...and not because I'm one of those shippers that wants her to have a baby and go all mumsy on us but because I would like to see that women can have it all...the career, the husband and the kids...and I think that Sam could do that...I'd like to think that Sam can have her man and a child and still lead or command Atlantis. I don't want to have Sam seen as the woman who gave up her chance at marriage and children because her career dictated it as so. I'm not saying that Sam is forced to choose between them coz I believe that she's strong enough to decide what she wants and do what she wants but I've always felt that having children/a family was something that she wanted, something that she was considering...I would hate to think that she gave it up just for her job...I hope that made sense...like I said, I'm not saying this a shipper...even tough I am one...but rather because I look at her and wonder what sacrifices she has made and if they were her choice or not.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                this fic may be friends locked.
                my apologies if it is
                D'oH...bugger...it is forbidden...dang it!!
                Jan stole the NOODLE
                Why the earth will stop spinning,
                The Ocean's will dry up,
                and Rodney will stop whinging
                Hehehe...Rodney stop whinging???...Hell would have to freeze over first!!!
                Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                **places Noodle by Mandy's computer**
                HEY it wasn't me!
                this time
                Uh oh...you say that all the time Mandy!!!
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/ChopinGal/SamChoke.jpg
                  Asphyxiate or tappinate?![/B][/CENTER]

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                  LOL..glad you had an awesome time! Personally I suck at singing and avoid karaoke nights like the plague hehe I sing only in showers, cars and in front of my moms cats just to see them blink weirdly at me and if loud enough make them hiss and run.
                  ROFL...wouldn't it be worse to be like...just a table away and within full view of her awesomeness? or better yet, just a few seats away? wow..i'd probably have my eyes on her all night and accidentally eat my seat mates dinner by mistake.
                  Oh...I can't sing for peanuts..I'm just dreadful...but it helps when you've had a few glasses of wine and your brothers who sound like you sing along.
                  The awesome thing about our dinners...the numbers are limited to a very few people and you always end up sitting on the table with the guest...I'd like to think that I would be brave enough to approach Amanda with some grace and not turn into a blubbering mess...if I can chat with her with the confidence I had when I chatted with Carmen and Don...then I'll be fine!!
                  Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
                  Ah, now if everyone else gets up and does it, you gotta get up there too. You conquered your fear of flight - we'll help you get through this one too!
                  Up until 2 years ago, I would have never thought about giving things a go like I do now...I never had the inspiration to do anything...that is til I discovered Tappination and the awesome Tappinators that make the world go around!!!
                  "Did someone say karaoke?"
                  Amanda's backup singers ...
                  Oh yes, Karaoke Night in London at the Royal Samandan Bar ...
                  We Can Do This!!
                  Sweet!!! So...yur challenge at AT3 is to get Amanda to sing at Karaoke...and film it for us poor schmucks who can't go!!!
                  Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                  Yay!! I love the beard...I have a soft spot for bearded men...well only one really...my hubby has a beard like Ronan's!!...I just thank god he hasn't got the dreadlocks like Ronan!!!
                  Originally posted by rderoch
                  A Polar Bear Story.
                  It didn't work...dang!!
                  In meantime, this is OT but it's dedicated to scifithinker, nearlycircular, jckfan55, tsaxlady, and many other Samandans who, as teachers, do make a difference ...
                  I read this story ages ago but now someone has made a film of it. Touches the heartstrings. Cheesy? Maybe, for some folks. But I think it's the other side to the teacher's rap/slam which scifithinker posted here. That was funny as hell and great. This is quietly inspiring.
                  Kinda like McKay and Carter, one in-your-face and the other, grace under pressure.
                  Enjoy!
                  Getting back to Sam, what do you see her doing once she retires from the USAF and SGC? Will she be a teacher in her later years?
                  First...that vid was so awesome...you know it got me crying...thanks CG!!! :O
                  Second...I think once Sam retires I could almost see her taking time out for a while doing whatever she wants then maybe going to the Academy and teaching part time...or working as a civilian at either Area 51 again or back at the SGC...I can't imagine her sitting on her hands and doing nothing...that's just not Sam!
                  Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
                  I don't know. I always saw Sam as publishing after she's through with the Air Force. I suppose, as a Professor at MIT or the Academy she'd have to publish as well.
                  Yeah...that works too...writing another book on wormhole physics or quantum mechanics...it's kinda hard to imagine her retiring at all...she's only a few years older than me FCOL...retirement is far from my mind!!

I'm going to get out early tonight...hubby is sick and the kids start back at school tomorrow so I have a few million things to do...pity...I love visiting here!!
                  Anyhoo...night all, take care, be safe, have fun and hug your loved ones!!
                  (((Samanda Tappinators)))
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Goodmorning Samandans, just had a horrible night at work and just catching up on this thread before maybe getting some sleep
                    Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                    Is it just me, or does Sam just get goofy around Dr. Lee? She has this singular smile...

I'm surprised there aren't cries about all the Sam/Dr. Lee ship!
                    Yeah I love the interaction between those two...but I would never ever ship them, while I can ship Sam with everyone, I can't ship her with him... you ask why not, well cause they are friends and nothing more... Cause you can see Sam isn't thinking more at all...Lee might want more though but Sam is just joking and being funny around him to much...
                    I love her smirking at him though Funny

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
                    Considering that it took Jack eight years to get promoted, I'd say Carter is on a good roll so far.....
                    Carter sure is on a roll and I don't mind it, she deserves it...she really does. and she finally gets the recognition for it too. I mean she really has done a lot for the SGC and for the world and stuff. and she is AF so promotion is for her a big thing

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                    Yes,
                    Spoiler:
                    that was bugging me too. I thought it was only because I was very tired and had spent all my patience on the kids at school, but I guess not.

Sam was, as always, awesome.
                    Could be the first thing too though
                    But I know what you mean but then I always think that about some moments of SG. I mean they do it often actually.
                    I remember a moment on SG-1 too where the replicators are frozen and they just look at it and ask question instead of shooting them down...

It is the same with McKay... They tend to babble instead of doing from time to time

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                    Sam is a natural teacher, IMHO. When she explains her projects I always think of her as going into teacher mode. The cadets would all clamor for her classes at the AF Academy, despite the fact that she'd be tough.
                    I agree with you that Sam is a born teacher. she would do great and she already has proven that she is a great teacher. I mean remember the episode 'prodigy'. where she teaches the class and also teach Hailey an important lesson. she sees things and she also uses not the all day methods to teach.
                    But like you said she is tough too but also can see great things in everyone and that you do need as a teacher

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                      Ok...this is a bit...well not quite bit, but more very Sam/Jack ship so I'll put it in spoilers for those who don't like to read anything pertaining to the ship...
                      Spoiler:
                      I would like to see Sam and Jack have a child...and not because I'm one of those shippers that wants her to have a baby and go all mumsy on us but because I would like to see that women can have it all...the career, the husband and the kids...and I think that Sam could do that...I'd like to think that Sam can have her man and a child and still lead or command Atlantis. I don't want to have Sam seen as the woman who gave up her chance at marriage and children because her career dictated it as so. I'm not saying that Sam is forced to choose between them coz I believe that she's strong enough to decide what she wants and do what she wants but I've always felt that having children/a family was something that she wanted, something that she was considering...I would hate to think that she gave it up just for her job...I hope that made sense...like I said, I'm not saying this a shipper...even tough I am one...but rather because I look at her and wonder what sacrifices she has made and if they were her choice or not.
                      I agree. That's one of the reasons I like Sam so much is because not only is she a soldier and a scientist but she's also a woman who has feelings of hurt and loss and isn't afraid to show these feelings.
                      Spoiler:
                      I'd also like to see Jack and Sam have little O'Neill's/Carter's to show that they CAN have it all: career, life, and love and find balance between the three.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

"Did someone say karaoke?"

Amanda's backup singers ...

Oh yes, Karaoke Night in London at the Royal Samandan Bar ...

We Can Do This!!
                        Sounds like it's gonna be a great time! Enjoy and make lots and lots of silly happy memories!

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        i loooove sam's hair!

sally
                        Yeah me too...odd random question though, but what's with Sam wearing the mic? I know its for communication purposes but I think she wears it in every scene now.

She's even wearing it in the final scene when she's talking with Sheppard *points*. To me its kinda annoying. The ear piece is fine as it's nearly invisible, but the mic isn't. Kinda makes me think of a bug or speck on her face and I'm always wanting to reach out and flick it away.

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post

Hopefully I'll get to sit down later this afternoon and get to watch the completed version of Lifeline. I can't wait for next week for Reunion!!
                        awe that's a great pic! Your soo lucky! I'd love to get a hug like that from Amanda *sigh*

Can't wait for Reunion either! *wiggles*

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Lots of energy on the forum with the start-up of SGA. Some great photocaps too! Thanks, everybody, here and the other threads.

Enjoy!

Wow, that was an amazing vid, it brought tears to my eyes, thank you for posting it...

What will Sam do once she retires?? Hmmmm, I think Sam would make a great teacher she would encourage her students to help them bring out the best in themselfs while being firm with them. I'd like Sam as my teacher

Julia(samcarterrules)
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Hi all

Just dropping off the latest Aftershock which TAGs 'New Ground'...some mild shippiness.

Seeing Clearly

Hope you're all keeping well and staying sane! I've finally settled on the details of the Sam/Vala story for the ficathon so off to write that! Bye for now!
                            sigpic
                            Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                            My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Yeah me too...odd random question though, but what's with Sam wearing the mic? I know its for communication purposes but I think she wears it in every scene now.

She's even wearing it in the final scene when she's talking with Sheppard *points*. To me its kinda annoying. The ear piece is fine as it's nearly invisible, but the mic isn't. Kinda makes me think of a bug or speck on her face and I'm always wanting to reach out and flick it away.
                              They all wear them all the time. You tend not to notice after a while.

Kay aka Mumsey
                              For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

I had that "bug flicking" impulse the first few times I watched Atlantis. They all wear them on Atlantis when they're on duty. Less bulky than a radio like they wear in the field, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X