No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot something before...I'm sure RoX has been reminding everyone but here's another reminder from me coz we only have a few more days to go!!!

http://www.syfyportal.com/genre-awards/2007/

Ok...off to bed...I hope!!!!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post

A few years ago, my kids got me a blanket for mothers day...it was a collectors series...it had a family of bears on it...a mummy bear, a daddy bear, a daughter bear and a son bear...just like my real family...I get it out of it's box once a year to check that it's ok because one day when we get a bigger house, I want to hang it...I don't think I could throw a $300 blanket over the bed and toss it in the machine every now and then...the purpose of this blanket is to be admired not used as a blankie...so...Becky...where does one get a fully charged with hugs quilt from made by you??? If you don't mind me asking??
      Sadly not much quilting going on at the moment. I am a bit behind... I have a wedding quilt I am now aiming to make in time for thier second wedding aniversary and a couple of baby quilts which are of course rather more time sensitive!!

I didn't make the Charity quilt at AT2, Liesl did the honours for that one and will be doing AT3's. It looks like that one might be rather special but we like to keep things quiet until we've got it sorted. I'm doing more design support this time round.
      At the moment i am making jewelry, as this is related to my business on e-bay selling findings, but I have almost found my sewing area again from under the littel packetcts of bits of metal. I have a couple of practical sewing projects I need to get sorted, but i did break out the embroidery machine yesterday for the Charity Auction at AT3. Other than that I have a few quilts in my Stash which at the moment are class samples, but are just waiting to find the right home.

Hugs
      Becks

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        Poor baby. Maybe it's time to call the local tv station and tell them what's happening...and how the police won't do crud
        I'm going to call the mayor's office first. See if they get anything done.

Good news front-the body shop is charging me less than the insurance gave me, so I don't have to pay the deductible.

Comment

Ficathon Information

The theme of this Women of the Gates ficathon will be "Left on the cutting room floor: Sam-Vala friendship." For this theme we're asking for fics that are episode tags, missing scenes, or episode prequels.

This is going to work a little differently than the last ficathon. We're opening prompts to anyone. This way, people who don't write fic can still be involved. Anyone can suggest a prompt fitting in with the theme (For example, "What prompted Vala and Sam's shopping trip in Family Ties".) The prompts must be Sam-Vala and episode related.

If we get enough prompts, I'm hoping to be able to give authors a choice between a couple. Authors who sign up for the fic need to be aware that their prompt might not be used.

A week or so after the prompts are assigned, we'll open up the entire list for anyone who might want to do another fic, ficlet, or drabble based on a second prompt.

Please remember the overall rule of these ficathon is no character bashing allowed. We will reject prompts or fics that we feel violate this rule.

The ficathon is located here. You do not have to have a Live Journal account to participate. (Though it would be easier ) If you don't have an LJ account, please use the same name every time you post over there, so we can keep track. Your Gateworld name would be great, if you like.

So come on over and post prompts. Prompts being accepted till September 1.

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post

NC

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEV!!!!!

Hope you have a great day!
            I forgot something before...I'm sure RoX has been reminding everyone but here's another reminder from me coz we only have a few more days to go!!!

http://www.syfyportal.com/genre-awards/2007/

Ok...off to bed...I hope!!!!
            Thank you Chelle for the reminder always nice people who remind you to vote for your favourite actor, program,...

Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
            Ficathon Information

The theme of this Women of the Gates ficathon will be "Left on the cutting room floor: Sam-Vala friendship." For this theme we're asking for fics that are episode tags, missing scenes, or episode prequels.

This is going to work a little differently than the last ficathon. We're opening prompts to anyone. This way, people who don't write fic can still be involved. Anyone can suggest a prompt fitting in with the theme (For example, "What prompted Vala and Sam's shopping trip in Family Ties".) The prompts must be Sam-Vala and episode related.

If we get enough prompts, I'm hoping to be able to give authors a choice between a couple. Authors who sign up for the fic need to be aware that their prompt might not be used.

A week or so after the prompts are assigned, we'll open up the entire list for anyone who might want to do another fic, ficlet, or drabble based on a second prompt.

Please remember the overall rule of these ficathon is no character bashing allowed. We will reject prompts or fics that we feel violate this rule.

The ficathon is located here. You do not have to have a Live Journal account to participate. (Though it would be easier ) If you don't have an LJ account, please use the same name every time you post over there, so we can keep track. Your Gateworld name would be great, if you like.

So come on over and post prompts. Prompts being accepted till September 1.
            Thank you for doing this!!!

but i have a question, if we decide to write, where do we sign-up? Cause I am missing that part of the ficathon lol. or is that after you have all the promts???

Comment

Happy Birthday dipsofjazz!!!

Comment

Happy birthday dipsofjazz

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
                  DIPSOFJAZZ
                  sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                  May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEV!!!!!

Thank you Chelle for the reminder always nice people who remind you to vote for your favourite actor, program,...

Thank you for doing this!!!

but i have a question, if we decide to write, where do we sign-up? Cause I am missing that part of the ficathon lol. or is that after you have all the promts???
                    That will come later. After we get prompts.

Comment

*sigh* Ames and I just got very excited whilst reading Heat magazine. We saw a picture of two girls in crowns and Samanda was written in bold. Unfortunately, GW hasn't made British national press, it's just those twins in Big Brother called Sam and Amanda who are apparently set to win. Wonder if we could claim the victory?
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

You and Becky should both be proud...how cool!!
                        Sorry to sound so dense but....what exactly is a Hugo??? I know it's an award of sorts but for what???
                        The Hugo is awarded every year for the last fifty three years at the Worldcon.
                        Spoilers for OT Hugo neepery.

Spoiler:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_Award
                        My Hugos, in 2003 and 2005 were both won in the best fan artist catagory, which is a bit like the best foreign short film at the Oscars, the smallist and least important catagory! It's still an incredible honour to be nominated, let alone to win; you are nominated by the members of the Worldcon and voted for by the same. I'm the first British Woman Artist to win in 53 years. Winning a Hugo translates as big bucks for the pros, particularly writers and editors, for fans, it is just an honour without equal.

This is a photo of me just after I picked up the 2005 Hugo in Glasgow - our fanzine, Plokta won best fanzine too and we were up until 7am drinking champagne in the fan bar. Six bottles, if my hangover recalls correctly. Best night of my life thusfar. It was so good because lots of our friends, pro and fan, won too.

At the posh post Hugos bash (we left early because, what use is free booze if non of your friends can get in?)

Seconds after I went on stage to collect (I am a tad excited!)

The Plokta cabal, the three editors in front, partners and me in back.

The base of the Hugo is designed by a different artist each year, my 2003 Hugo was at Torcon, in Toronto so nestles between two halves of a maple leaf, my 2005 Hugo has a Rennie Mackintosh inspired base, as in the one on the Wikkipedia site. Of course, I am a rank amateur by comparison to my friend Dave, who has about 26 Hugos for fanwriting (maybe more, I can't be bothered to check right now!)

I love hearing about your four bears quilt! What a lovely present, bless.

FF
                        sigpic

Comment

Speaking of fan art (which in no way compares with the Fox's drawings, I can only wish!), and I couldn't make a quilt to save my pathetic life, so I'm always in awe of those who have the ability to make such wonderous things.

I'd like to share my latest conceptual illustration of Helen Magnus, though.

It's AKA minigeek has fun with crayons! (ok so not crayons -, but it sounds funnier if you say it that way!)
                          Spoiler:

I have asked for permission to donate this illustration and one of my others as (very) limited edition giclée prints on canvas for the AT3 charity auction in May. Not sure if there'd be anyone interested in actually having one (I've never sold anything I've drawn before), but the cause is a really good one so I'll keep fingers crossed for it! If not, maybe we can do a Samandan sympathy bid for minigeek ... it's charity after all !!!!!

Spoiler:

Loves&Hugs
                          geek
                          Last edited by minigeek; 20 August 2007, 11:17 AM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                            Speaking of fan art (which in no way compares with the Fox's drawings, I can only wish!), and I couldn't make a quilt to save my pathetic life, so I'm always in awe of those who have the ability to make such wonderous things.

I'd like to share my latest conceptual illustration of Helen Magnus, though.

It's AKA minigeek has fun with crayons! (ok so not crayons -, but it sounds funnier if you say it that way!)
                            Spoiler:

(click image to enlarge)

I have asked for permission to donate this illustration and one of my others as (very) limited edition giclée prints on canvas for the AT3 charity auction in May. Not sure if there'd be anyone interested in actually having one (I've never sold anything I've drawn before), but the cause is a really good one so I'll keep fingers crossed for it! If not, maybe we can do a Samandan sympathy bid for minigeek ... it's charity after all !!!!!

Spoiler:

Loves&Hugs
                            geek
                            Don't sell your tallent short, these are great, particularly like the one against the dark background. I hope you get to sell them.

FF
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                              Don't sell your tallent short, these are great, particularly like the one against the dark background. I hope you get to sell them.

FF
                              Thanks FF - that means a lot coming from you!

I'd only want to sell prints of these for charity. I don't think I'd feel right about it otherwise.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Happy Birthday dipsofjazz!!

Comment

Working...
                                X