No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, AT has a good balance of how much to goof off and how much to 'inform' the listeners. she doesn't drone on somuch that you fall asleep, but she also doesn't sit there and crack jokes for 43 minutes either.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post

I have to admit I generally stay away from WIP stories myself as a reader, mainly because in my early days of trailing the internet with fanfic I did find a fabulous story got all the way through and realised that there was no end... and that as the author hadn't updated for a couple of years it was clearly never going to be finished.

As an author, I won't post a story until it's completely finished for that reason. If I'm doing a series then while I may post stories as they are written, I will ensure that I do finish the series.
      there was this one wip fic called 'shade' that i *really* enjoyed... but the author just let the fic fizzle out at the end. i wish she'd just have left it hanging then to do such a watered down version of an end at the end.

but 'shade' was great while it was in it's prime!

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
        Same here...even though my mum lives within walking distance, we don't see each other very often...kinda sad but it's the way it is...but I'm very lucky to have a great mother in-law!
        i'm *extremely* close to my mom. we are true soul mates. but i was thinking about what amanda's said in interviews, about her closeness with her mom and grandmother. i'd LOVE to see helen's mom. we know sam was close to her dad (after dad was 'helped' along by selmac ) and we know helen's father influenced her a lot, but what about her mom?

i hope we see helen's mom in some future episode.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          She always does such good commentaries, IMHO. She gives a mix of serious behind the scenes stuff with a good amount of humor. And just to hear MW or PDL crack her up is worth the price of admission.

Oh I agree...my two favorites for commentaries

Amanda and Martin...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
            Oh I agree...my two favorites for commentaries

Amanda and Martin...

what is Martin doing
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
              what is Martin doing
              Trying to kiss Amanda....it's from the Avenger Beyond the Gate. She said no and walked away laughing.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                Thanks TJ and yes

to all my fellow Canucks
                Ooops...I can't remember if I posted it here or in the ship thread but...happy belated Canada day to all ye Canadians!!!

EDIT: It was in the ship thread...sorry...better late than never heh!!
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  who here is going to get season 10 on dvd? if you do, can you let us/ME know what amanda has to say in the 3 commentaries she's doing? ('line in the sand', 'the road not taken', and 'unending')

sally
                  Yes i am getting season 10 (when it comes out here that is) I cant wait cause i havent seen any of season 10, Ah i wana see it NOW!!!

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                  Me, too. I'm looking forward to the behind-the-scenes stuff, the deleted scenes and the commentaries. It's too bad AT and CJ were the only acors who did commentary, though.
                  Oh Im not too gutted cause i only ever listen to the commentaries Amanda Does.

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                  I've just upated Aftershocks...

This is a TAG to Demons called 'Facing Demons' and it is a little Sam/Jack shippy

Facing Demons

I have to admit I generally stay away from WIP stories myself as a reader, mainly because in my early days of trailing the internet with fanfic I did find a fabulous story got all the way through and realised that there was no end... and that as the author hadn't updated for a couple of years it was clearly never going to be finished.

As an author, I won't post a story until it's completely finished for that reason. If I'm doing a series then while I may post stories as they are written, I will ensure that I do finish the series.
                  Oh i just hate when that happens it drives me insaine, I Just want to know waht happens AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Oh And

"...Weve got trees and rocks and rocks and trees and trees and rocks and rocks and trees and trees and rocks and rocks and trees and trees and rocks and rocks and trees and Water...."

hehehe

Happy Canada Day to all you Canadians (sorry its late )
                  sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
                    One of the reasons I never touch WIPs. Even if they're by authors who have always finished them before. There's always the one time that they won't.
                    Gosh, guys, don't be so negative ... I decided to go ahead and post Heat as a WIP right now because it does prompt me to become more disciplined and FINISH WHAT I STARTED. The reviews sometime help an author to stay on track. Of course, I can't speak for other writers who may drift off and not complete a fic which, of course, is not fair to the reader.

I'm hoping to wrap up my WIP this month so maybe then my fellow Samandans will give it a look? For those of you who have, thanks!

I'll announce the completed product here when the deed is done.

HAPPY CANADA DAY A DAY LATE!!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      i'm *extremely* close to my mom. we are true soul mates. but i was thinking about what amanda's said in interviews, about her closeness with her mom and grandmother. i'd LOVE to see helen's mom. we know sam was close to her dad (after dad was 'helped' along by selmac ) and we know helen's father influenced her a lot, but what about her mom?

i hope we see helen's mom in some future episode.

sally
                      Yeah...we need some positive mum influences on screen. I wish I could say that I'm really close to my mum...I love her...but we are so different...Niki and I share a very close and special bond and I hope that continues throughout her life...we're friends as well as mum and daughter...even if Dr Phil says you can't be...what would he know...he's never been a mum!!!
                      I would love to see Helen's mum in a future webisode...I would have loved to have seen Sam's mum bought into the mix on SG!
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                        Gosh, guys, don't be so negative ... I decided to go ahead and post Heat as a WIP right now because it does prompt me to become more disciplined and FINISH WHAT I STARTED. The reviews sometime help an author to stay on track. Of course, I can't speak for other writers who may drift off and not complete a fic which, of course, is not fair to the reader.
                        I'm hoping to wrap up my WIP this month so maybe then my fellow Samandans will give it a look? For those of you who have, thanks!
                        I'll announce the completed product here when the deed is done.
                        (((CG)))...I don't mind reading a few WIP's...generally speaking, I look at the date it was last updated and if it's recent then you know that the writer is still writing and adding to the story so you kinda risk reading those ones...it's the ones that haven't been updated for a long time...I try to avoid them...but sometime they have this really cool title that grabs you and pulls you in...then you notice it's not finished...and the author hasn't updated for like 2 years and you know it will never be finished...it's kinda frustrating...coz a lot of WIP's are pretty good...it's a shame really!!

Anyhoo...we've had visitors again tonight...we've had more visitors in the last 2 weeks than we get in a year...how bizarre!!...so it's a quick catch up and then bed!!
                        Nighty night...sleep tight...don't let the bed bugs bite...unless of course you don't mind being nibbled on a bit!!
                        Take care everyone, be safe, stay happy, have fun and hug your loved ones!!

(((Samanda)))
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

It's not so much that I'm scared the writers won't finish... I'm just really impatient and like to read stories all in one go. Heh, you know when I start baking at 4am? That's usually when I have finished a book, a season of something on dvd or a novel length fic that I got absorbed in and couldn't drag my eyes away from. And then I can't get to sleep.

I'm being really good with Rachel's tags though. I recently started reading them and I'm limiting myself to 2 or 3 a day. Rachel, they rock!

I have a question for fic writers... is it weird to get feedback on something you finished years ago? Is it appreciated or do you stare at the screen going "huh? 2004? That was aaaages ago!"
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                            Yeah...we need some positive mum influences on screen. I wish I could say that I'm really close to my mum...I love her...but we are so different...Niki and I share a very close and special bond and I hope that continues throughout her life...we're friends as well as mum and daughter...even if Dr Phil says you can't be...what would he know...he's never been a mum!!!
                            I would love to see Helen's mum in a future webisode...I would have loved to have seen Sam's mum bought into the mix on SG!
                            Becky and I are friends as well as Mum and Daughter. We don't get together as much as I'd like, (knock-knock ) but when we do, we're like a couple of sisters. She (and her bro', No. 1 Son) keep me young in my outlook - as do you all. I think it's very much the Mum's outlook that will colour the relationship. Me; I never grew up.

Kay aka Mumsey
                            For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                              I have a question for fic writers... is it weird to get feedback on something you finished years ago? Is it appreciated or do you stare at the screen going "huh? 2004? That was aaaages ago!"
                              not at all. I have fic that are..eek, 8 years old that i occasionally get feedback from. New folks are rotating into the fandom all the time, so what's 'old' is new to them

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                              Becky and I are friends as well as Mum and Daughter. We don't get together as much as I'd like, (knock-knock ) but when we do, we're like a couple of sisters. She (and her bro', No. 1 Son) keep me young in my outlook - as do you all. I think it's very much the Mum's outlook that will colour the relationship. Me; I never grew up.

Kay aka Mumsey
                              my mom and i are like that. we do a lot of stuff together
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                                Trying to kiss Amanda....it's from the Avenger Beyond the Gate. She said no and walked away laughing.
                                Haha, that's funny. That seems like a pretty sibling-esque relationship (especially considering the last bit of that interview), so I don't blame her.
                                Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 02 July 2007, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X